I need toddler help!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My 2 year old has been in his crib until yesterday, lol. I knew he was too big for it but he never had the interest to climb out until yesterday. It was the funniest thing, I am sitting at my dining table, figured he was fast asleep since he was in there quietly for 45m already. So, I am sitting there and he just RUNS past me, into my bedroom, shuts the door and lays down on the floor acts like he's sleeping, LOL!

Anyway, he has no problem staying in bed at night (MY BED), but he has never stayed in his toddler bed. I have a baby gate on his bedroom door, and even though he's tired he won't go to bed. I'll walk him back to his bed 10000000x but he won't stay!!! He is EXHAUSTED!!! He still needs 1 nap a day! When he doesn't nap, like yesterday, he is beside himself by the time 4 30pm comes around!

How do I get him to nap? I know I could just let him 'crash' but my kid isnt like that. He will go go go go go until it's dark out. You should see him right now. He is playing with his cars and his eyes are shutting and he has red circles, but he is forcing to stay awake! Once he nods off, he runs like a maniac to wake himself up....lol

helppp!

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11

Last edited by ladyluck87; January 13th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
January 13th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Veteran
My two year old is still in his crib and has no interest in getting out of it ...yet... He still takes a nap a day typically 1 - 3 hours depending on what is going on... I am not ready for him to give up that nap and I don't think he is either even on the days that he fights me...I am not sure when the whole nap thing stops but I will keep at it till he really doesn't need one anymore... There are days where he has skipped the nap which usually ends up with a hyper toddler who is overtired... I am not sure what to tell you except to try to be consistent...our son has been waking up lately from time to time and I try (no matter how tired I am) to either let it pass (waiting 5 min or so to see if he settles) or I get up with him... hold him but don't bring him in our bedroom... usually he calms down or either goes back to sleep and that way I avoid having him get used to the idea he can come into our room... that is what works for us for now... everyday has a new challenge though so hang in there! Very rarely we bring him in with us to bed but usually that is if he is sick .... and even then we usually move him once he passes out so that he wakes up in his own crib.. it works for us but each child is different so I think you just have to be patient and try to be consistent... Hope you get some progress...

January 14th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks

I just feel so bad when its 4-5pm and his eyes are closing. We'll see what today brings. I know I gotta keep at it and one day he'll fall asleep in his room for his nap. He's not ready to give it up. Right now my system is to tell him to go into his room for nap/quiet time. If he goes to sleep and naps, good, if not and he just plays in his room, whatever. Only ONCE did he actually go to bed on his own for nap time lol. I just can't force him to stay in bed, ya know? We'll see what happens.

Plus side is though he goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 8 30am. lol

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
January 14th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Veteran
Leonara,

The mental image in that story just made me burst out laughing at my desk! I am struggling too so I have nothing to offer you So funny. My little man is the same way right now.
January 14th, 2011, 10:01 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Savanah is soooo bad about fighting sleep. When she is home with me, I usually have to rock her to sleep with the lights out, wait until she is good and asleep and then lay her down. She is in a toddler bed but it's in our room by our bed. Her bed is up against the wall and then our bed is pushed up against hers. She has done really well in it even taking naps.

January 14th, 2011, 10:15 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
if you lay with him will he fall asleep? i've no much advice, Maica refused to nap after about 16 months! the transition time was horrid!! lol!
xx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
January 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to do lay down with him for naps when I first got the toddler bed (before resorting back to crib) and it would work....But UGH! I am just sick of laying down with him for him to sleep! I do it for naps, and at night. Lol, and I always fall asleep too. Right now we are on day 3 and he is drinking his juice and petting his blankie IN HIS BED! So, this is some progression I'll see if he falls asleep!

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search