Had a scare at my appointment today!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just got back from my OB appt, saw the midwife in the group. She went to do the doppler and......nothing. Picked up my heartbeat a few times but never the baby's. Moved around different angles for 10 minutes or so......still nothing, not even a hint. By this time she looks worried, of course I am thinking the worst but trying to stay calm, can feel my face getting red. She decides to do a quick scan and......all is well! Baby was perfect, you could see heart beating (though I was so nervous I forgot to ask how fast) and the baby even waved on the screen like it was saying Hi Mom! Ok so I know it was just the arm moving around, but it really did look like it was waving..lol. So I got even more than what I wanted this time, instead of hearing the heartbeat, I got a couple pics of the baby! I go back in 4 weeks! I will post pics later tonight or tomorrow once they get scanned!

January 13th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Whew! What a scary start to the appt but yay for getting to see the baby!!! Glad it all turned out well. Can't wait to see pics!

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
January 13th, 2011, 05:32 PM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand how scary that it. The same thing happened to me at my last appt. I'm glad everything turned out great and at least you got to see your baby!!!! Our babies are already trying to give us heart attacks.

January 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Sorry that you got a scare today. On a positive note, you got to see the baby. These babies just seem to want to scare us during these pregnancies.

January 13th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Veteran
Sorry about your scare but don't worry. I never heard the HB until yesterday at 12wks 5days very faintly because my uterus is tilted backwards. I always got ultrasounds to confirm HB. But glad you got to see baby and all is well!

January 13th, 2011, 07:46 PM
_danielle_'s Avatar Veteran
I had the same thing happen at my last appt. I'd previously heard the baby via doppler but last appt my OB just couldn't find it. Did a quick U/S and saw lots of movement and a great heartbeat. Definitely scary, followed by relief.

Glad everything was ok!

January 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is scary, I'm glad all is well.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 13th, 2011, 08:15 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad baby is ok!

January 13th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Super Mommy
Glad everything is well

January 14th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
glad baby is ok and horray for getting to see the baby!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

January 14th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
This happened to me at my 12 week appt as well! But It didnt take as long to find, I was still worried, but the doc finally found it. I am glad you were able to at least see the heartbeat (and the little babe!) my doctor said its a little hard to find @ 12wks because they are still so tiny and move around a lot!
January 14th, 2011, 07:06 AM
mommabirdof4
That is scary! Had that happen with both of my other kids early on. This time around my OB doesn't use doppler since she doesn't like the stress it puts on twins mommas...it can take a while to find both heartbeats...and it causes a lot of worry. So I just go straight to an US everytime.
January 14th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Veteran
I swear I am going to be gray by the time this one is out. Super happy everything was fine!
January 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
eep thats why they don't use the doppler til 16weeks+ here at all. sometimes the babies just manage to hide from it!!
x

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search