Low and Slow Rising HCG levels

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I should be almost 6 weeks along and My Hcg Levels are as follows

Thurs-240
Sat-280
Sun-289
Wed-340

I am convinced I am going to have a miscarriage. My Dr. however, says he isn't even worried. Has anyone seen anything like this and have a healthy pregnancy.
January 13th, 2011, 05:22 PM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With doing research on what my levels meant, slow ones are fine as long as your not declining your ok.... if your doctor says it is ok I would trust him. I know it is hard to not worry but that is what is best for your little bean! Good luck!

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

January 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say the same thing -- as long as they are rising you are probably okay. Try not to stress and just plan for the best!

January 13th, 2011, 05:25 PM
mom2moose
I agree. It's hard to not worry, but if your doc says it's ok. My levels rose slowly with my DD. I don't remember actual numbers, but the doc told me repeatedly to prepare to miscarry. My daughter is 2.5 years old and healthy. Just try to relax. Hopefully, they'll start rising a bit faster. Good luck!!
January 13th, 2011, 05:30 PM
SoCalJB's Avatar Veteran
I don't want to be a naysayer, but those levels do look really low. Are you having any pain? If I were you, I'd want an ultrasound or even a second opinion. Did your doctor give you any reason for the slow rise? If there's any side pain at all, I think you should see a doctor immediately. I really hope everything's fine, but it wouldn't hurt to cover all your bases.
January 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
From what I know they should be at least doubling every 48-72 hours for then to be ok. I would ask for an ultra sound around 7 weeks. Acording to my DR nothing will even show on u/s until your levels are above 1500.

I am really shocked they are not worried.
Is there are reason they are following your levels?

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 13th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know anything about hcg levels but I wanted to tell you I hope everything is ok and good luck.

January 14th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
^^ me too

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
January 14th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLee View Post
With doing research on what my levels meant, slow ones are fine as long as your not declining your ok.... if your doctor says it is ok I would trust him. I know it is hard to not worry but that is what is best for your little bean! Good luck!
I am sorry, I would be feeling angst, too.

January 14th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I really am no expert but according to pregnancyloss.info the normal levels on weeks 5 are between 19- 7340 and on week 6 1080 - 56 500. So if you are still on week 5 looks like you're ok. And as long as you are not bleeding or cramping you are fine! Good luck!
January 14th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Mrs. AC's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with SoCalJB...those levels are pretty low. When I got my hcg checked at 5w5d it was 17000. I know every pregnancy is different but I would think by week 5 you should be well above where you are? But, I'm DEFINITELY not an expert! I'd also advise to get a 2nd opinion and request an u/s. Good Luck and KUP!!!

January 14th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Well, I was concerned so I asked them to draw moe levels, I had an ultrasound and a small gestational sac was seen. That was a couple days ago, I have another appointment on Monday. They think I may not be as far along as I think but I'm pretty sure about the date. I can not stand the waiting. I just don't understand why my body is being so confusing, wish it was cut and dry.

Last edited by Roses; January 14th, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
January 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM
SoCalJB's Avatar Veteran
It could be the dates are off, but even so, the slow rise is a little troubling. I'm sure there are cases where the hCG doubles more slowly than every 72 hours and everything turns out fine, but it can also signify a blighted ovum or an ectopic pregnancy. Even seeing a sac in the uterus doesn't rule out an ectopic since there are cases where pseudo sacs form in the uterus while the real implantation occurred in the tubes. I think that's relatively rare, but it's why you want to be sensitive to any pain you experience. I'm glad you're being proactive about this--for your peace of mind of nothing else. Hopefully, your levels have gone up and everything is perfectly fine. I'll be praying for you and your little one.
January 14th, 2011, 02:26 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
Don't worry yourself sick. At the 5 week range it can be as low as 18! As long as your levels are rising and your pregnancy keeps progressing, youll be okay. HCG levels vary from woman to woman.

My former OB never did HCG levels on me. All she did was a dating ultrasound at 7 1/2 weeks and once she saw everything was fine that was it.
January 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't worry yourself. I only had two draws to make sure they are at least doubling and my numbers are pretty close to yours. My doc said they are right on target for a 5 week pregnancy. Try not to stress yourself and listen to your doc. Good luck!

Tags
hcg

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search