Doppler- 10w1d

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Wish I was Super Woman
I have a HiBebe 2gh (or whatever it is).... anyhoo.. I can't really find the heartbeat. The directions say between 10w-12w. I don't think I used it with my DS until about 12-13w. So I am doing my best not to stress out. I could hear lots of swishing and bumps, and every once and awhile I could catch a faint heartbeat and then it would disappear. Again.. I am not going to stress because it is still very early to hear with a doppler, especially the lower gh or mz.. or whatever it is measured by. Just want to find my bean.. I know I am jumping the gun.

ARGH!

January 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That's the exact reason that I don't want to get one. I'm sorry you couldn't find it! I'm sure it's just too early. ((Hugs))
January 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Funny how you just posted this.... my doppler should be in tomorrow. Same exact one you have. I am not much further along than you....but hoping to hear the hb tomorrow. Hope that you catch the peanuts hb soon.

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
January 13th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
with dd i had one of those off the shelf dopplers, it had head phones. well i dont think i could hear her hb with that until I was in 2nd trimester

January 13th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Wish I was Super Woman
You will be 11 weeks tomorrow.. That can make a difference, but I don't remember using it before 12 weeks with DS. And after about 12 weeks I found it within seconds. Just make sure you can convince yourself not to stress if you don't find it.

January 13th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbys_mummum View Post
with dd i had one of those off the shelf dopplers, it had head phones. well i dont think i could hear her hb with that until I was in 2nd trimester
I had one of those too, I think it was called Bebe Sounds or something like that. I could never hear it with the thing, up until the day he was born.
January 13th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Wish I was Super Woman
The HiBebe is an actual fetal doppler $100, not the like the ones that you buy for $20. I have one of those too and it never worked for me either.

January 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have seen good reviews and such for the hi bebe ones.... well lets see tomorrow girlie. I work til 330.....ugh...that stinks.....

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
January 13th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the 3mhz one, and I heard them. HOWEVER, even being 2 in there it still took me forever to find even one of them, and when I did it would squirm away lol. Don't be too alarmed.
January 14th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Happy Mommy
you're robably still too early, I wouldn't worry too much about it
January 14th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like your bean is moving too much and running away from you! I would wait a week and try again. Im sure everything is fine!! Btw Im jealous I always wanted one of those!

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

January 14th, 2011, 08:06 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this happened with my dd around the same age. i had to methodically go across very very low in my belly and even then i just got very quick "glimpses". i finally found it loud almost under my pubic bone. they are SOOOO small and have so much room to move - it is tough this early! - plus mine was more sensitive than that one, i believe.

really try not to stess! everything is fine in there i am sure!!
January 14th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't stress too much hun! I don't think I started using one till about 15 weeks & I still had a hard time. I also had an anterior placenta so everything was very muffled. I'm sure everything is just fine!

January 14th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes they are just hiding so good, I went in for my 14 week appointment with Kaetlin and they could not find a heartbeat, They had to get me into a ultrasound and they found it right away tucked down deep, Baby was fine , But I can understand it making you nervous

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search