Who will be the first person you call...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
when you go into labor and when you actually deliver the baby besides your SO?

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

January 13th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mother! Most definitely. She may or may not still be home in Texas, but either way, she's getting a call!

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

January 13th, 2011, 08:15 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Mom! She probably would hop in the car and drive the 5 hours to see if she could make it there. She's my best friend!

January 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
It will definitely be my sister. Although I am hoping that she will be with me. If she is then it would have to be my mom.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

January 13th, 2011, 08:37 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
My mommy. Hopefully she'll already be out in UT by then, and able to watch DD while DH and I go to the hospital. That's one of the reasons why I'm grateful to be induced a week before my due date. Either way, no matter where my mom is, she'll definitely be the first to get a call.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

January 13th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Super Mommy
My mom will be the first call when I go into labor so she can come get DD and then after we deliver we will call my mom and dad to bring DD over... and maybe call the in-laws... well DH might. My mom will have the rest of my whole family covered... she's beyond excited for grandchild #2!
January 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom.
January 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I learned with my first two pregnancies, not to call my mom immediately or until I'm ready for her intensity. Seriously, she's reeeally intense sometimes. When my DD was born, she was there, at the hospital, in the room with me...and she was driving me nuts. Not making me angry...but wouldn't stop talking, was trying to be too helpful even when I was telling her I was fine or that I preferred this over that. She had good intentions but she was just TOO MUCH.

With DS..she was states away and I called her while in labor..and at one point I was vocalizing through a contraction...moaning basically, not screaming...and it was helping me, and over the phone I hear "oh my poor baby! what are you doing to her?! get her some medication!" I was trying to go natural (which she knew)....so this was not helping me. I ended up handing the phone to my then husband and saying "please deal with her...I need to focus".

So, needless to say, I'm going to wait for awhile and let my mom get giddy and excited AFTER the baby is born. She won't be here, so no need to call her in the middle of it and stress her out or risk her calling me 20 times during the labor to check. I know it's natural for a mom to be concerned or want to be involved...but, like I said...far too intense for me.

I'll call my best friend, who was present during my labor with my son and has had 3 natural births, 2 of those at home, and some doula training (though she never completed the certification process). She was a HUGE support during my labor with DS.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 13th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will call my mom. She will come meet us at home and I will either have her drive me to the hospital or wait there with us until my MIL gets there to be with DD.

January 13th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably noone when I actually go into labour, well except for whoever is having the kids

After the baby is born, not sure.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
January 13th, 2011, 10:32 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My cousin, then my parents.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 13th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will call my mom and sister when I go into labor... My sister wil be flying in from Texas, she's a teacher and luckily will be out of school just in time to be here! They'll be in charge of the rest of the calls to family. My best friend lives with us, so she'll either be around or get a text and be in charge of the friend phone tree.

After baby arrives I think we'll call my brother first. He's in the army on the opposite side of the country and we were very close growing up. He's also DH's best friend and kinda the reason we ended up where we are.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

January 14th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my mama and my best friend.
January 14th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Jack is due 6.22.11!
My parents, they won't come to the hospital until Jack is born though.

January 14th, 2011, 08:24 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably my parents and DH's mother. DH's mom will hopefully be babysitting our daughter once we go into the hospital, we'll call her once labor gets rolling so she can entertain DD and DH can support me until we go to the hospital. After that my sister!

January 14th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mother for sure! I REALLY want her in the delivery room!

January 14th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
my parents, to come get my kids lol.
January 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
I`ll call my mom and my two best friends and let them know I am in labor..although my one friend will probably already know. None of them will be there for my labor though/
After the baby is born...my mom,family and my two best friends. I will let dh call his parents who are watching kaylee while I labor.

January 14th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Angel_Maker
Who ever is watching Marleigh will be first to get the call that I'm in labor, and as for when the baby is born, everyone will be at the hossy I'm sure, so my parents and ILs will call all the extended family
January 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
ashleyj88's Avatar Evelyn's Mommy
My mom definitely. I want her in the room with me, but she's currently without a car and lives an hour away and her ride to the hospital would be my uncle who lives an hour away from her... so it should take them about 3 hours to get to the hospital.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search