realization of high risk pregnancy and scared! (kinda long)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2011, 07:41 AM
brandaleana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I made an introduction a few days ago on whatever board it was to introduce yourself and now I am here! According to the due date calculator I am due September 16.

I am nervous and scared. I have 3 children (17. 15 and 6) and had gestational diabetes with all of them. I am now considered pre-diabetic. I called yesterday for my first appointment and it is scheduled for February 7. I told them I was considered high risk because of the diabetes and I am 39. The nurse just called me and I have to go to the lab today for blood work and to do a 24 hour urine test. She also scheduled a Dr's appointment on Monday, January 17. I am to start checking my blood sugar in the morning and 2 hours after every meal. I am to continue to take metformin for the diabetes and my synthroid medicine for my thyroid. I also take cymbalta for depression and the nurse was going to double check with the Dr to see if I should continue that or if they are going to give me something else. When I was pregnant with my youngest, my Dr put me on prozac.

I am 39 and not only scared because of possible complications with being high risk but my mom is gonna KILL me! Okay..she probably won't kill me but, she is not going to be happy. That is for sure! My mom and I are very close and she will figure it out sooner than later. I don't know how to tell her I'm pregnant. When I was pregnant with my son, I was living with her at the time. She treated me like I was in high school. She didn't even acknowledge the pregnancy...would barely even look at me. She even made me move out of her house a month before he was due (February of 2004 and I had him on March 9, 2004). Of course, as soon as he was born, she fell in love and he is "her baby". He is the BEST kid in the world and we have spoiled him a bit because there is NO involvement from his father. His father has never even met him. That's a whole other story altogether.

Anyway, I wanted to share and see if anyone has any suggestions or direct me to additional boards for high risk/overweight/diabetic issues.

BTW...have I mentioned I am very excited? Even with all of possible complications...I am excited and bursting at the seams to tell EVERYONE (except my mother, of course!)

Off topic a bit, any advice on making a signature line?!
January 14th, 2011, 08:13 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
You sound like me LOL. I had GD with my last pg. Already my #'s are really high, but the OB won't see me until the 24th. All I can do is try to change my levels with diet until then. I am also hypothyroid....oh, and this is my 4th baby.
January 14th, 2011, 08:19 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on the pregnancy.

why would your mom be upset that you are pregnant?

You might want to check out the other boards listed below.

High Risk Pregnancy - JustMommies Message Boards

Pregnancy Over 35 - JustMommies Message Boards

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome! I wish you a H&H 9 months!

January 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM
lavender29's Avatar Veteran
Hi, and welcome to the boards! I don't know a thing about gestational diabetes, but it sounds like they are monitoring things like they should early on which I'm sure is a good thing.

We have some things in common, first, I am due September 16th too! I am 41 and have some kids around your age...my kids are 18, 14, 12, 11, and 7. I also suffer from depression (and anxiety, and ADD) and had to go off all my meds cold turkey. I'm thinking about asking the doctor for a safe depression med, because I'm feeling pretty bad.

Missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks (September 2010)

Miscarriage at 7w5d (2/2/11)
January 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had GD with my first 2 children but for my last child I wasn't considered high risk and I never developed it with her.

Just because you've had it in the past though doesn't mean you will get it again but it's good they are keeping an eye out early for you

always a good feeling to have a pro-active dr.
January 14th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen

I am Catherine, 26 married to Kyle, 29 and we have an almost two year Bradley Mark.

Please continue posting on our board though, it would be fun to get to know you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search