Baby will only let me eat...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2011, 01:35 PM
CherishC's Avatar Super Mommy
M/S has kicked in for me and being a type 1 diabetic its pretty hard on the baby and I because my blood sugars go crazy low. I saw my doctor last week, and she told me to start taking vitamin B6 and it should help with the M/S, it really hasn't. The only thing that isn't making me sick is eating ramen noodles, pasta and thats about it. I do try to eat some veggies at night with some protein but its hard to even eat that. I know eating ramen noodles and pasta a lot isn't healthy but is it better then throwing up all the time? I really don't know what to do, keep eating this way and wait it out until it goes away or eat what I should be eating and throw up, get low then just eat that anyways?

January 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Destiny
I would say to try to get more protein, and iron.
ramen is obviously unhealthy, but you can put veggies in it to make it better. You can get the chunky vegetable sort of pasta sauce (I've been having a hard time with that actually, I'm stuck with the mushroom one). Even if you can't eat super healthy there're a few tricks to maximize the health potentials of every meal, although I admit to eating veggie free ramen and curling up on the couch with a big thing of ice cream.
What helped me a lot is keeping a thing of Altoids on hand that I would slowly eat until the nausea waned off, you'll still feel like crap, but the chances of throwing up are a lot lower.
I hope I helped at all.

January 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
You could try making your own sauce and adding lots of veggies. If you can't handle the chunkiness, try blending it up a bit. Maybe add some ground beef or turkey to the sauce too for protein. I used to do that when I was too lazy to make meatballs. It's still pretty saucy so it might be okay.

I think the main thing is to eat whatever you can manage. If you can eat healthy and balanced meals without throwing up, that's of course ideal, but if you can't then eat what you can.

January 14th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Maybe get some of the noodles that are actually made out of vegetables, like the green spinach-flavored ones they sell at the grocery store?

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
January 14th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried any drugs like Zofran? Maybe that would help.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 14th, 2011, 06:54 PM
CherishC's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
You could try making your own sauce and adding lots of veggies. If you can't handle the chunkiness, try blending it up a bit. Maybe add some ground beef or turkey to the sauce too for protein. I used to do that when I was too lazy to make meatballs. It's still pretty saucy so it might be okay.

I think the main thing is to eat whatever you can manage. If you can eat healthy and balanced meals without throwing up, that's of course ideal, but if you can't then eat what you can.

Can't eat ground beet or turkey right now, Only a little bit of chicken which isn't much. I am normally a VERY healthy eater . I try to eat the best I can but it doesn't work. Fixed something pretty good tonight and hardly ate anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search