BTDT moms, Gender disappointment?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
Have any of you BTDT moms experienced gender disappointment when you found out what sex your baby was going to be? How did you deal with it?

I think that if I am having a girl, I will probably be disappointed for a little while. Not that a girl would be bad, but both my ex and I are REALLY REALLLY REALLY hoping for a little boy... all I REALLY want is a healthy baby, but I'm so hoping for a boy. We will have to see....
Team PINK!!!
January 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it just grows on you. I really wanted my first to be a girl. I had no clue about boys - I grew up with a sister and a dad rarely around so the thought of a boy scared me! But I got used to it after a while and by the time he was born I was completely ok with it.
January 22nd, 2011, 05:01 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I thought I wanted a boy but when they told me it was a girl I was just as happy. Even with my son I was scared to have a boy but still super happy. So I guess no I have never had gender disappointment. And this time with all it took to get here I just want a healthy baby .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 22nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Yeah a little, I guess I always assumed I'd have a boy and a girl (I think most of us probably do). When we found out our 2nd was a boy I was just in total shock for like a month because I had no idea how that happened... we had a boy, logic said we should have a girl lol. I wouldn't say that was disappointment as much as just shock. Then with our 3rd boy I had a real strong feeling he was a boy so I wasn't too surprised but I'll admit a bit let down, that was supposed to be our "last" baby so I was really hoping for a girl but I wouldn't trade him for anything! This time again I am about 150% sure it's a boy, which I wouldn't have agree'd to TTC again (Dh's idea, he wants a girl bad) if I wasn't ok with that but I'm sure once the reality of a 4th boy sets in it will get me down for a bit just because this will be our last bio-child so if it's not a girl that's it, we just won't ever have a blood-related daughter but we plan to adopt a girl someday in the future. Dh and I talked about it a lot and decided we'd have one more baby and if it's a boy then that's just a sign we are meant to get a girl another way.

Facebook
January 22nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
2nd_Peanut_on_Board's Avatar Super Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3Boyz View Post
Yeah a little, I guess I always assumed I'd have a boy and a girl (I think most of us probably do). When we found out our 2nd was a boy I was just in total shock for like a month because I had no idea how that happened... we had a boy, logic said we should have a girl lol. I wouldn't say that was disappointment as much as just shock.

I think I'm in the same boat as you! I was super happy about having a boy first because I always wanted an older brother - but myself being the oldest, that obviously wasn't in the works - so I was so happy to have a lil' guy first to protect his younger sibs however, this time around I REALLY want a girl and so does my SO. But it definitely wouldn't be the end of the world to have another boy boys are loads of fun!

January 22nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a stepson and realllly wanted a girl. I wore a pink shirt to the u/s, pink nail and toe polish, etc. for "girl" luck. But he was a boy. LOL! I can't say I was disappointed though. Just got my hopes up. I'm am POSITIVE this little one I'm carrying is a boy this time though. Haha! After knowing how much I love my little boy and could care less that he wasn't a girl after all, I don't care either way this time.

January 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Super Mommy
I would never be disappointed...I had a m/c before and just want a healthy baby.

***Thanks to mylene169 for my SIGGIE!***

January 22nd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Super Mommy
I have a basement FULL of pink baby clothing that I simply could not purge. I am really hoping this one's a girl, but alas if it is a boy I think I will need to do some serious shopping
January 22nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Regular
when I first found out it was a boy I wasa bit disappointed...but after a day or two all I wanted was a healthy baby...now I wouldnt mind having another boy and I still would like a girl, so I guess I need boy/girl twins...lol
January 23rd, 2011, 05:47 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to momwithsmiles
for our first one we wanted a boy and we got a boy, for our second one we wanted a girl and for out we were having a girl but she was going to have a ton of health issues and she is developmentally disable (found out before she was born) and after that we just didn't care what we have as long as the baby is healthy. Our third on we didn't care just healthy and this one don't care just want healthy.

January 23rd, 2011, 06:24 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After DD I hoped for a second girl. I wanted her to gave a sister and there had only been one boy in the previous generation on my mums side, and none at all in my generation, so I was comfortable with girls.

When they told me at my 20 week scan that DS1 was, well, a DS I was very disappointed. I even kinda sunk into a kinda depression for weeks. However, I came 'round and then shortly after I had quite a big bleed to the point that they figured they might be delivering (at 26 weeks. I had steroids but was told his prognosis wouldn't be good). In the end, he went ast term, and I fell absolutely head over heels for him.

With DS2, I thought that as I had one of each, and having learned my lesson with DS1, I truly thought I wouldn't mind what I got. But I think I was swaying toward another boy which is bizarre given how disaapointed I was to learn I was even expecting one!

And now? I feel as thouh I should be wanting a girl to even things out, but, again, I think I'm swayed blue. Of course, I know I will adore a little girl if that's what we're blessed with... but the idea feels odd and I think I just want another boy!

Talk about a complete turn around!

I think the 'moral of the story' for want of a better phrase, is that you WILL love your child regardless over any initial disappointment. And you may even surprise yourself at how utterly you fall for a gender you were convinced you didn't want!

Now, excuse me, I'm off to think blue thoughts...

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping
January 23rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I think I might have been disappointed if #1 wasn't a girl, but she was! And then when I was pregnant with DS I would have been happy for another girl but I was still perfectly happy when DS turned out to be a boy Now I want another boy but I think it's a girl LOL! Doesn't matter we already have one of each, plus you always loving the baby you get more than anything!
January 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
*~Lulu'sMommy~*'s Avatar Lexi's Mommy!
I REALLY wanted a boy when i was pregnant with DD. I think the only reason was that i thought it would make my ex come back... when i found out she was a girl... i was kind of sad but having her now... id NEVER change it... shes my beautiful princess!

January 23rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies.in.a.jar View Post
Have any of you BTDT moms experienced gender disappointment when you found out what sex your baby was going to be? How did you deal with it?

I think that if I am having a girl, I will probably be disappointed for a little while. Not that a girl would be bad, but both my ex and I are REALLY REALLLY REALLY hoping for a little boy... all I REALLY want is a healthy baby, but I'm so hoping for a boy. We will have to see....
I was like this with my first, I REALLY REALLY wanted a boy and thought for sure I would have one or 2 or 3 I was disappointed at first, but I can't even imagine my life without this lil girl of mine! Dont be too disppointed if you have a girl first, they are pretty cool

January 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_Peanut_on_Board View Post
I think I'm in the same boat as you! I was super happy about having a boy first because I always wanted an older brother - but myself being the oldest, that obviously wasn't in the works - so I was so happy to have a lil' guy first to protect his younger sibs
That's exactly how I feel. This is my 1st and we both want a boy. I want a boy for the reasons you mentioned exactly. Hubby wants a boy because, well, pretty much all men want boys.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When i was pregnant with Enzo i did not care either way. I have always wanted one of each (preferably boy first, but it did not matter too much). DH on the other hand REALLY wanted a boy. He was set that it was one to the point that i was worried about how he would react if it was a girl. Fortunately he was right, Enzo was a boy. This is most likely our last and i do want a girl, but most importantly a healthy baby. I might feel slightly disappointed for a minute if it's a boy, but think it would be awesome for Enzo to have a brother. DH says he does not care this time since he already has his boy, but he does say he would prefer a boy.

Thank you Sara (misfitinmn) for my awesome siggy!

January 23rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't really care one way or the other. Our first was a girl and we were THRILLED!! Now that the pressure to have a girl is off, I couldn't care less what we have now, haha! I just had to have my girl eventually, and got her on the first try! DH would love a boy now, but he says either way it goes would be great because if its a girl, then DD gets a little sister so that's perfectly okay with him too. As long as they're healthy, thats all that matters!
January 23rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Super Mommy
I knew as soon as I got my BFP with DS, that he was a boy (everyone else said girl).

This time around, I had a very vivid dream that I had a girl and I named her Isabella Julianne. It happened about a week before I got my BFP. So we are hoping girl this time around.

But like everyone else has said, I just want a perfectly healthy baby.

January 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
Veteran
Ya, I'd love a girl. More than I'll admit to most people. I love my ds dearly and he's the sweetest little boy, but I'm very close with my mum and so I just want that female connection with a child. I really hope I get a girl and if this is another boy, then we'll likely go again. But like a pp said, I'd like the pressure taken off so that if we decide to have a 3rd, it won't matter what we have.
But 'momwithsmiles' you definitely put it in to perspective that the ultimate and first priority is indeed a healthy baby - that's a miracle in itself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search