Gender Disappointment

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM
peace.love.audrey
My SO and I spent 6 yrs off and on trying to get pregnant with no success, so long story short, now that I can get pregnant, I will happily take them as they come. I honestly don't care if this baby is a boy or a girl.
January 24th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
Nope, I have one of each already. I been getting such strong boy vibes(I also would rather a boy) and was right with my first two so if baby turns out to be girl we will be shocked but perfectly happy to give DD a sister.

January 25th, 2011, 06:16 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. And I know I will get over it, but the truth is I want a girl very much.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

January 25th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I *think* this one is a girl (although I thought that about DS as well), but with timing of dtd, ovulation, and if you put any stock in the Shettles method, this one is probably also a boy. I am totally happy either way. I though with DS that I would be very disappointed if it was a boy, but he arrived, I fell completely in love, and couldn't imagine it any other way!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

January 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really torn. We think this will probably be our last baby, so there's part of me that thinks I should want a girl, but I kinda want 2 boys.....I have no idea what to think so I'll just be happy with what I get.
But hey, maybe if it's a girl DH will wanna try for another so we get our 2 boys
January 25th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know I already posted...
I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little disappointed with the gender (I mean we are all human) especially if you already have 2 boys or 2 girls and really want the opposite sex just once! I really want us to have a boy first and know I may possibly be a tiny bit disappointed (at first) if it's a girl, but I know I'll get over it! I just can't wait to find out!!!

I am happy to see that no one is ridiculing others for how they feel!

January 26th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post
So far there are 9 girls in this generation on DH's side of the family He has a brother and 3 cousins - his brother has 2 girls, we have 2 girls, one cousin has 2 girls and another cousin has 3 girls. He has another cousin they are not as close to, that has 1 boy (and 1 girl, but not biological) so that's the only boy so far.

I'm also VERY worried about gender disappointment from our families. With so many girls, I know everyone is itching for a boy and we're the "last hope" on the DH's side. On my side, I think my family would be happy to see us with a boy, but would also be excited for a girl, since we have a mix of each. I still see a lot of people saying "Oh, it's another girl" if we find out at the u/s and thier lack of excitement I think would bring me down some, ya know?
yep I know exactly how you feel. my brother has even said he hopes it's a boy, will take pressure of him and his wife to finally start having kids. because everyone will just be super excited about my boy....
January 26th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have no preference, but we've got three boys, and one girl already; part of me knows another little boy will be easier, but I think Elizabeth could use a little sister to balance out the estrogen in our home. As long as I have a term baby, we'll be thrilled!
January 26th, 2011, 09:35 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Haha, boys are so much easier! That's one reason I kind of hope it's a boy, but I won't be sad if it's a girl, the clothes are cuter
January 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM
shoppermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We already have 2 daughters so having a son would be awesome! DH has 1 sister and I have 2 sisters BUT neither of us have a brother. So, for us it would be different to have a boy in our families. We would love to have a son.

With that being said-----I have ALWAYS wanted 3 children, but for the longest time DH wasn't on board with having 3. I respected his decision-----although it did make me sad knowing that I would have 2 kids and not 3. However, one day he came home from work and said he had been thinking about it for a long time and he had changed his mind. He had also decided that 3 was a good number. So, I am ecstatic and thankful that I am pregnant right now and we will have our 3!

This will DEFINITELY be our last baby (we are 98% certain)-----so yes I know I will be disappointed if I don't get a son-----BUT I will get the 3 kids I had always wanted-----so that makes me happy. I am also glad that 3 is also the number of kids DH wants-----even if his decision was a little delayed......it feels GREAT to agree on something that is sooooo important!

Thank you bokkechick for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by shoppermom; January 26th, 2011 at 10:48 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search