Gender Disappointment

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is anyone worried about gender disappointment when they find out what they are having?

Expecting baby #4!

January 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Happy Mommy
I'm not. I keep flip flopping, but I'll be happy either way. (but do have my hopes! )
January 24th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope!! First baby and we want to have another anyway. I was worried about boyfriend at first until I heard him tell the guys working on our kitchen floor that even if it's a girl, he is still taking her to baseball games, the shooting range, and teaching her to fish. =)

January 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
I'm not! Whew. I have three boys and went into this LOVING the idea of having a girl. But, the more further I get along, the more I know I will be just as excited for a boy. And, that's a great feeling to know, there won't be disappointment either way!

January 24th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am a tiny bit. If I have 2 girls I will be a little sad only because I really wanted a boy at some point, and unless I meet the man of my dreams, these will be the last babies I have. I would love one of each, but I have a feeling it will be 2 of the same.
January 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I'll be disappointed, but I know that everyone on DH's side of the family is hoping for a boy, since all they have is girls so far. I just want to find out so we can decide on a name and start preparing better.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I keep flip-flopping too, but I find myself being drawn to wanting a boy again. It would just be nice to throw a boy in the mix, especially since it's all girls on DH's side of the family (no pressure!) I don't think I'll really be disappointed if we do find out, but I think there may be a little less excitement with another girl. I'd love to convince DH not to find out because I know once the baby is born, it won't matter to anyone what the sex is, they will just be excited they baby is here!

Expecting baby #4!

January 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not at all. I just really want a baby. I would like a girl, but since boys run scarce in our family I will take it haha.

January 24th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not this time around. I got it for almost a month after finding out DD was a girl. I was so sure it was a boy. I've always wanted boys. I had several vivid boy dreams. I had a boy name. I felt so strongly it was a boy. BAM - girl. I barely made it out of the room without tearing up. It took me a long time to get over the guilt, but I came to realize that it wasn't that I didn't want my daughter, or not love her, it was that I felt this sense of loss. Loss of the son I THOUGHT I was carrying. Once I came to terms with that, I was fine. I love my baby girl, and couldn't imagine my life without her. As much as I would love a boy, I would be just as in love with another girl, or all girls if that's all I ever have.
January 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh yeah I was going to say, I have a friend that REALLY wanted a girl for her second and when she found out it was a boy she wouldn't talk about it for like a month. Even after he was born she was all weird about it. Would put bows in his hair just playing and say he would have been a cute girl. Well thankfully for her sons sake she just had a girl. Now they can finally be boys!

January 24th, 2011, 11:58 AM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't be disappointed at all, either way. I really don't even have a preference. I am leaning towards hoping it's a boy because I know DH would love a boy, and I would love to have a boy before I'm done having kids.
January 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post
I keep flip-flopping too, but I find myself being drawn to wanting a boy again. It would just be nice to throw a boy in the mix, especially since it's all girls on DH's side of the family (no pressure!) I don't think I'll really be disappointed if we do find out, but I think there may be a little less excitement with another girl. I'd love to convince DH not to find out because I know once the baby is born, it won't matter to anyone what the sex is, they will just be excited they baby is here!
that's how it is here too, my family has 7 grandkids (couting my 2) and they are ALL girls. so my family would die if I had a boy, but still love bob if she's a she.
January 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
I have one of each so I'm great either way!
January 24th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be. I know it sounds bad but I have 2 girls now and want a boy. When I was pregnant with my first two I wanted them to be girls and was thrilled when they were.
Also my hubby's family are hoping for a boy b/c out of 4 grandchildren all are girls so far. My father in law is dying for a boy b/c he's traditional and wants the last name to be carried on.
If I find out I'm having another girl I'll be disappointed b/c I really don't want 3 girls but what can you do. Just like others have said once it's born you forget about the gender and love them unconditionally. But I'll keep my hopes up a bit for a boy so that when i get the scan and they tell me it's a girl i won't be overly upset.
January 24th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Kim
I don't think I"ll be disappointed either way. A couple months ago, I would've been sad if it wasn't another girl, but I'll be happy either way now.

January 24th, 2011, 12:28 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure DH and I both will experience some disappointment if the baby is a boy. I think I'll warm up to the idea quickly though since I am pretty sure this is my last baby. I won't have my two girls, but at least I get one of each.

January 24th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be happy either way! I have a feeling its a girl, and it would be nice to have one of each, but I'd be thrilled with another boy!

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
January 24th, 2011, 12:33 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
I'm pretty sure DH and I both will experience some disappointment if the baby is a boy. I think I'll warm up to the idea quickly though since I am pretty sure this is my last baby. I won't have my two girls, but at least I get one of each.
Ditto to this.
January 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A little bit, I can't lie. I would really love to have another little girl. I, along with everyone else it seems, thinks I'm having a boy (which happened last time too LOL) so I'm just trying to prepare myself that it may be a boy & it might lessen any disappointment. DH flip flops between wanting a girl & a boy...he just says as long as it's healthy. Well duh! But I really would love a girl. We have all of the clothes, toys, etc. I am a girl...I "get" girls, love the idea of saying "my girls", & so on. But the idea of having one of each is kinda nice too. I'm just nervous about having a rambunctious boy! My daughter is already....phew!... off the wall at times so regardless of what the next one is, I just hope they're a lot more mellow!

January 24th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Nope. I would be surprised if it was a boy, because I have a seriously deep gut feeling that this one is a girl, but if it is a boy, then DH might agree to try for a third, which is what I would prefer. :-) I would be super excited to have a girl too.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search