So apparently ...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 02:22 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I didn't. I didn't feel like I needed to tear her down in order to defend myself. I mean, I wanted to. I could have, but to what end ya know? I don't want to alienate her or have her out of my life. I do love her and her sister very much and didn't want to make things worse.

It's just so typical of her mother's "I'm better than you" line of thinking.
You're right, I guess I would have but then again I get myself into trouble all the time with my temper LOL! You did much better than I would have....I still don't know where she gets off talking to you that way. I would NEVER talk to one of my aunts like that!!!
January 24th, 2011, 02:26 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I miss 20....back when I thought I knew stuff! LOL
January 24th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
So, I did a quick little tally in my head, and you are definitely in a long line of women who had babies with their oldest children, especially since you started so young. My mother's two youngest brothers are the same age as my two oldest cousins on that side. And actually, my grandfather was the same age as many of his nieces and nephews (and met my grandmother because she was the roommate of one of his nieces and she went to their place for Thanksgiving).

It is NOT a completely abnormal thing at all. Especially since you're still young enough to conceive on your own. I'd worry about your sanity if you were using medical interventions to conceive when this baby is having babies though! =

January 24th, 2011, 02:35 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
don't kill me I had to say something on FB (hides).
People who air say things like that on FB ....come on how tacky can you get?! I mean really if you even kind of care about a person, why on in the heck would you make it a public spectacle?! Thats just so....... immature and attention getting. I know when I see people do that crap I just assume their dumb butt did something wrong! LOL
January 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, her IQ must be about 980 in order to know so much about your life, what a lucky girl! Is she a psychic by any chance?

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
January 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
It is NOT a completely abnormal thing at all. Especially since you're still young enough to conceive on your own. I'd worry about your sanity if you were using medical interventions to conceive when this baby is having babies though! =
This is very true! I mean, maybe an extreme example but look at the Duggars! Their oldest son is on his SECOND child and the mom still will probably have another baby. Now, of course "normal" people space them out way more, but my mom is only 3 years older than her niece, her oldest sister is 30 years older than her and in a nursing home already!!!
January 24th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Veteran
That is just so wrong in many ways! Didn't anyone teach her that if she doesn't have anything nice to say not to say anything at all?????? I guess not! I would have let her have it to.
January 24th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Rachel your fb is not private at all
January 24th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, I can't stand ppl like that. If it makes you feel better, my DD's uncle is 3yrs younger than her, and we don't find it weird at all. Her dad does, but he is in his own little box of stupidity, so he doesn't count.
January 24th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgirl05 View Post
Rachel your fb is not private at all
I know. I'm not a very private person. My whole life is on JM for all to read, so why bother hiding Facebook. Proctor is my maiden name, so my real last name is a mystery to all those who don't know me in real life.

Angela, I saw your comment. Thanks for the support! It's 11:00 where she is, so I doubt she'll respond today or at all. We've had a conversation anyway, and as far as I'm concerned, it's resolved.
January 24th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a judgemental little twit. So sorry you had to deal with that because you shouldnt have to. That's just ridiculous. She reminds me of my 20 yo sister, swears she knows EVERYTHING and you can't give her any advice. I definitely wouldve given her a piece of my mind.
January 24th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Waitingon2's Avatar Veteran
Oh Jeesh- that is so awful to hear. I am sorry that you had to.
I think its really really unfair of others to talk like that...especially ot children about family members....
Its really unfair. Im sorry!

Thanks Joni for my Beautiful Siggy!
January 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW i am sorry you had to endure that! sounds like she has zero respect for her elders - is this your brother or sisters child? they must be very proud.....

sorry for being b!tchy, but - that was all just soooo wrong for her to say.
January 24th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
WOW i am sorry you had to endure that! sounds like she has zero respect for her elders - is this your brother or sisters child? they must be very proud.....

sorry for being b!tchy, but - that was all just soooo wrong for her to say.
My brother's daughter. Neely asked me if I talked to him about it. I didn't and won't. #1, she's 20 and there's not much he can do about it anyway. She's in the UK and he's here in Maryland; #2, I don't really think there are really her own opinions; and #3, I really don't want to go to war with her and I think "tattling" to daddy will only make matters worse. I really do love her and she's normally a nice, bright, well-rounded, hippy kid.
January 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM
So what is your SIL's beef with you then?
January 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:
So what is your SIL's beef with you then?
It's a super long story. When they separated, I rallied around my brother because he was like a lost puppy. She thought we could still be friends and everything was just fine, despite how she treated my brother. They had initially signed an agreement with a mediator that neither would move more than 75 miles from where the girls currently lived. This was incorporated into their court order.

In the summer of 2001 she met a guy online from the UK and he came here to visit. He stayed here about 6 months on a visitor visa and ran his graphic design business from here. Then in the fall she decided that they were just going to move to England and she filed a motion with the court to change the custody/visitation agreement. The court didn't see her desire to move as an emergency so they set a hearing date for March of 2002. That wasn't soon enough for her, so she just up and moved in violation of the court order. Immediately after she moved, I helped Philip get a lawyer, we filed a petition with the Hague convention (which is a treaty that several countries have signed saying they will enforce the custody/visitation agreements of other countries) and they went to where she was in the UK and seized her passports, and told her she would be on a plane back to Maryland to go to court and they would return the passports at the gate. Meanwhile Philip had filed a contempt action against her because she violated his visitation rights.

After a long horrendous three day trial in March of 2002, where I was really Philip's biggest supporter, the judge gave her permission to live in the UK and visitation to my brother. He did find her in contempt of court and she was ordered to pay $10,000 of my brother's attorneys fees ($17,000), ordered to pay for all travel for them to come to Maryland and for him to go there if he chose to. She has never paid him a penny and has never paid for them to fly here. In essence she won, but I think she thinks that if I hadn't pushed so hard for Philip, he might not have even fought her. I dunno.
January 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Wow...how sad for your brother! I would be devastated, I think it's really a crappy thing for her to do to just up and move them to another country

My ex and I are on good terms and he knows full well that we plan on moving to the West Coast in a few years when DH gets out of the military, but he can move too at that point in time. And the only reason we would live overseas if DH absolutely HAD to for the military.
January 24th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Wow...how sad for your brother! I would be devastated, I think it's really a crappy thing for her to do to just up and move them to another country

My ex and I are on good terms and he knows full well that we plan on moving to the West Coast in a few years when DH gets out of the military, but he can move too at that point in time. And the only reason we would live overseas if DH absolutely HAD to for the military.
Yeah, I'm on really good terms with my ex husband too, despite all the crap he did to me. I figure it's harder to stay mad and hate someone than it is to just move on. He and I never had any problems after the divorce was final. It's one of the reasons it's so hard for me with Neely and his ex and how much animosity and bad mojo has gone on there. Well, and she's crazy. Maybe I'll tell that story some day.
January 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Oh sheesh!! My sister is 21 and she thinks she knows it all as well. Its so much fun! I for one think its pretty amazing that you are having a baby and watching from afar on JM I know how much this baby is loved and so very wanted.

January 25th, 2011, 02:51 AM
*KittyCat*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow. I can't even think of anything else to say to that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search