So apparently ...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
if you ask my niece:

I can't afford this baby, I'm too old to have this baby, I'm having this baby because I was jealous of my own daughter, that I got pregnant to get attention from my JM friends, and I love it when they feel sorry for me when I've had a miscarriage, that my baby will have disabilities because I'm so old, that it's creepy that my child will be younger than my grand child, that I don't live in a hotel and I don't really have room for this baby, that I have too much on my plate because Will & Clayton live with us full time, and finally that I'm a horrible Christian because I chose (more than once) to have a baby while not being married. (this of course, coming from the self proclaimed atheist. )

I'm so glad my niece who I only see 3 or 4 times year because she lives 3000 miles away across the Atlantic Ocean knows so much about my life. I'm so happy to know she has some inside information as to what I have in my checking account and how much money we have. I'm so glad she's got life all figured out at 20. And I'm so glad she doesn't know how to add to figure out that her parents were not married when she was conceived.

So, how's your day going?
January 24th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Wow... hey, you just made my day feel like a piece of cake! LOL I'm sorry she's spouting off at the mouth. You know how kids are at those ages... they can't keep their unfounded opinions to themselves and they know all... Sounds like she could use a nice healthy dose of reality herself! ;-) Don't let her poison get ya down!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
January 24th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my... what gives her the right?! Did she actually SAY these things to you?! What makes her even think any of this is her business??? Insane. That is not okay to say to anyone, but wow, family, that's just awesome.

Yeah, don't let her get to you. You know your own situation better than anyone, and you have every right to be happy.
January 24th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Happy Mommy
oh my goodness gracious. you want me to beam her upside the head for you??

man alive some peoples kids, I tell ya

don't listen to her young smart mouthed self. I for one think you are a rock star mom!
January 24th, 2011, 01:35 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whaat??!! Did you let her have it? If you didn't, give me her contact info and I'll let her have it on your behalf.
I HATE when people think they can make judgements about other people's lives like they know everything. I'm like this: until I ask you for anything or you have to help me with something, you have no right to speak on what I do in my own home.
She has a lot of living to do, but I guess at 20 you know everything, right?

January 24th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Yes, she actually said that to me. I posted an u/s picture yesterday on Facebook and she responded with "Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a good thing?". So I sent her a message asking her what gives and she responded with all those things.

And yeah, I let her have it. The problem with her is my former sister in law has a very warped view of the world and has passed that on to her. And I don't get the money thing. I have always been very generous with her and her sister with gifts. She said at the end of the message that she didn't want me to think that her mom or her mom's mom put anything in her head, which leads me to believe that they really did fill her head. I'm not sure why they hold so animosity towards me, but it's probably because I was so vocal during their divorce and custody battle. Oh and honest, which is a foreign concept for my ex-SIL.
January 24th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
There's a warning sign - putting up a defense like that before you even had time to think about it! LOL What a turd. "I came up with these ideas all on my own and definitely never, ever heard anything like it from anyone else. Ever. Especially not X and Y." I could see my SIL becoming like that, but I hope she chooses not to go down that crazy path.

I'm glad you talked to her about it and definitely glad you took it to a message with her instead of having her smear her goo all over your pic. Again I say, what a turd.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
January 24th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LAME that is what she is. She obviously is to young to understand how anything works. Plus did you post the picture with the caption please give me your opinion. NOPE!

January 24th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh please PLEASE let me have a piece of her. Because I will rip her to shreds. With my words of course.. words can be my harshest weapons.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
January 24th, 2011, 02:25 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! You just made my Mother look like a saint. So sorry, you have to put up with that from her. Really the things we put up with from family.

January 24th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
niiiiiiiiiice. Sounds like my SIL sometimes.

January 24th, 2011, 02:40 PM
mlay83's Avatar Loving my boys!
Ummm, really?!?!?! WTH is wrong with some people?!?!

Proud Parents:
Michelle and Cody
January 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
Oh wow... I'm so sorry she said those things to you. What a horrible thing!!!!! *hugs* to you!
January 24th, 2011, 02:55 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Wow, shes vicious eh? But I, among the rest of our mama's here, are confident that you were able to hold your own with that little girl. Holy. Nerv~y !!

[/url
January 24th, 2011, 02:58 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
LOL! She must really have the wisdom of the ages huh? Sounds like a ridiculously silly little girl to me. So you're a bit older than the average mom, who the crap cares? You're more experienced!

And I'm sorry but I would be mad about the whole "not married" comment too. DH and I were not married when we conceived, as a matter of fact I WAS married to XH Of course we had been separated for a while and he was happy for me when I told him...it's not like I did it behind his back! And DH and I didn't even get married until our DS was over a year old! We always knew we were going to, we were already a family we didn't need a piece of paper to tell us that I'm not Christian but I'm pretty sure it's not cool to go around judging people's lives.
January 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. She's so lucky to be so brilliant at the age of 20. She obviously knows everything and has the world figured out. Boy is it gonna hurt when reality smacks her in the face someday.

((HUGS)) to you. I'm sure you know that she is dead wrong, but I'll say it anyways. She's wrong.

January 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
LOL and did you mention the fact that she is an um...out of wedlock baby as well?
January 24th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Cinderbella's Avatar Veteran
Oh my Lord! I have to agree with one of the PP's with the "defense before it's needed" I would have torn her a new heiny!

January 24th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Blueydmom2004
Wow...if it means anything it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one surrounded by incompetent family. I know I still have some getting to know you but I'm sure she retreated licking her wounds.
January 24th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgirl05 View Post
LOL and did you mention the fact that she is an um...out of wedlock baby as well?
I didn't. I didn't feel like I needed to tear her down in order to defend myself. I mean, I wanted to. I could have, but to what end ya know? I don't want to alienate her or have her out of my life. I do love her and her sister very much and didn't want to make things worse.

It's just so typical of her mother's "I'm better than you" line of thinking.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search