Saw the OB today.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
Hugs
January 25th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motsy2006 View Post
3.2 cm, not mm. haha. If you were in the mm you'd be in the hospital! Well, if it makes you feel any better mine was 2.5 cm 2 weeks ago. I've had it checked again since then when they noticed the funneling (last week), and I'll have it checked again on Thursday. I'm not concerned too much. Mine was at 0.7 cm with my daughter at 26 weeks and contracting every 2 minutes in labor. I managed to keep her in until 35 1/2 weeks. Bed rest and meds do wonders. Definitely listen to your body and take breaks whenever you feel necessary. Just because you haven't been put on bed rest at this point doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful. Try to not lift your toddler too much (or at all). And no stooping/squatting. Obviously I'm not your doc, but those are some big things that cause more contractions than you want.
Yeah, it's definitely not bad and I feel much better after having done some reading, which all said that it's pretty normal (on the low side of normal, but still normal). I plan to take it as easy as possible with a busy 19 month old, and DH is really helpful. He wouldn't even let me go on a short walk with DD last night, so he's got my best interest in mind.

I hope yours stays long and you can make it to full-term, too!

January 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Shelley, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get good news at the doc. And here I was telling you "hmmm yeah probably' the other day when you said you were having pains and thought maybe they were gas pains. How supportive am I?

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 25th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommynina View Post
Wow Shelley, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get good news at the doc. And here I was telling you "hmmm yeah probably' the other day when you said you were having pains and thought maybe they were gas pains. How supportive am I?
Don't feel bad, I thought it was just gas too, but when it didn't go away and I wasn't farting anymore, I figured maybe not.

January 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope that everything settles down for you & that you don't have to go on bed rest!
I contracted right through my last pregnancy, but thankfully it caused no cervical change.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search