Showing when you're overweight

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,
I have a question for the beautiful big women out there. I am overweight, not huge by any means, about a size 12-14 but I carry a lot of weight in my belly. Will I show just like anyone else or will it be harder to tell? I guess I'm basically asking because I don't want people to say "Wow you're showing!" weeks before it's time and I'll have to be like, "Oh no, I'm just chubby. Thanks for that though!"

January 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am MUCH larger than you, and I definitely showed. I think it took longer for it to look like baby and I was never really super round, but I still popped out nicely.

Last edited by JeCaLe; January 24th, 2011 at 07:40 PM.
January 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I'm the same size, about a 12. I definitely show round big preggo belly. No mistaking I'm pregnant when I am. I do show early, but I can assume that's because this will be my 3rd. With my second I was showing at about 9weeks, probably just the baby pushing all my chubs up lol.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
January 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was probably about a 14 with both my first pregnancies and I popped out too. I'm guessing with my first it was about 14 weeks or so?

January 24th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Sushi_And_Sci-Fi's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm also a size 10-12 and carry most of my weight in my belly, and I have been wondering the same thing.

January 24th, 2011, 08:54 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am usually about a 14 and you can still tell that you are preggers when you get to that point. In the first trimester its kind of a hit or miss for many people I think. But once you pop it will be obvious. With my second I showed sooner and with each pregnancy by about 10 weeks I can't wear regular clothes and have a baby belly. I think it is noticeable but is probably still questionable to others. No worries, strangers will still want to touch your belly and feel the baby .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM
brandaleana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow...all of you size 12 and 14's....ya make me wanna puke...lol..j/k....I am about a size 24 and I only gained 10 lbs with my last one but I was all belly! Since I had gestational diabetes, I lost weight in the beginning of my pregnancy which was awesome! You couldn't even tell I was pregnant from behind but when I turned around...WOW!

Special thanks to Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
January 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Go under belly photos and look at my belly. I carry all my extra weight in my belly, so I look like I'm 15 weeks now or something, lol

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 25th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Veteran
I was thinking the same thing! I'm a 12 and I am already feeling my pants getting tighter. It stinks because I carry my weight in my belly too, so now that I'm bloated I feel like I should be farther along than I am lol. I can't wait to have that baby bump..
January 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
bayhay's Avatar Veteran
So glad to see this message. I feel the same exact way! I'm a 14 or 16 and when I gain it always goes to my belly first. I've been trying to eat well and exercise some (can't do too much because my doc says I have a cyst and to be careful) but my clothes are already tighter on my belly.

Is eight weeks along too early to feel this way? The doc said it may just be bloating.

Luckily, no one has said "oh, you're showing" when I say I'm pregnant. Thank goodness! I'm afraid of that
January 25th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I am already wearing empire waist-type shirts just so no one will be able to tell either way. No one has any tact these days! I'm only 6 weeks and my usually comfortable size 14's are DEFINITELY too tight. The dr. warned me about bloating as well, but I just ordered a pair of size 16's due to the fact that I'm losing circulation in my 14's!

January 25th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a size 16 and I showed with my baby girl.
January 25th, 2011, 10:11 AM
2nd_Peanut_on_Board's Avatar Super Momma
Same boat here! I didn't lose a lot of the weight that I should have after my first so now here I am feeling SOOO bloated (in a size 12-14) and like I am already showing. However, I'm sure to everyone else it just looks like I have gained weight in the past 2 weeks haha

I haven't told work yet - so I'm hoping to keep it hidden for awhile still

January 25th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I've got some extra fluff lol, and I showed, a lot! Of course I don't have any height so my belly goes straight forward... I look pretty whale-ish by 30 weeks lol.

Facebook
January 25th, 2011, 11:25 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am bigger than you but I didn't really start showing until I was 24ish+ weeks. I suspect it will be the same this time.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 26th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Super Mommy
I'm a size 10-12 and carry a lot of my weight in my hips, butt and thighs but have a fairly small waist (which I'm hoping will not completely disappear after pregnancy, lol). My pants have felt tight for the last few weeks though just due to bloating. I stepped on the scale and was surprised to see I actually haven't gained any weight yet. I can handle the same size as long as I unbutton them, haha.

But I definitely know what you mean- I've always had a little fear in the back of my mind that I'm not going to be one of those "cute" pregnant girls but instead have 3 chins. We all know the type- the skinny minnie's look awesome with just a baby bump and that's it. But I'm somewhat afraid for me personally, EVERYTHING is going to expand. Oh well, time will tell I guess! I'm not as worried about it as I was before I got pregnant. Now I'm just hoping for a H & H baby and 9 months and then who knows, maybe this will give me the kick in the butt I need to finally get in shape?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search