way2gomom - Mama.Angie - alyashlyn

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Good luck tomorrow at your appointments! Can't wait to hear updates!
January 25th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
We had a great first appointment! We did our paperwork and then went back to our room. One of my friends who is having a c-section in 2 weeks was just leaving as we were getting there, so we chatted with her in between our rooms for a while. There was a woman in labor when we got there, so we weren't sure if we would see our midwife or not. She was able to come in and see us!

We were the first Bradley couple at our local hospital, in the local practice, and she said that the whole office was so excited that we were back. Because of us and the couples that followed us, they were able to open the birth center that just opened last month, and they were excited to be able to offer that option to us.

Even though the birth center will be billed as out-of-network for our insurance company, it will actually be cheaper for us to go there than to go to the hospital, which is awesome. We are so excited to have this option! We did have a dating ultrasound today, and that is something that we have to do to make sure we are able to go to the birth center. So we did have an ultrasound and we are having a singleton. :-) The baby's heartbeat was 166, and it was so cute because the baby was kicking while we were watching.

The birth center requires an orientation class and a series of childbirth classes for any couple planning to deliver there. The orientation class includes things like where the exits and fire extinguishers are, in case something were to happen while we are there, especially since there might be a time when it's just DH and our midwife there. We are excused from the rest of the class series since we attended Bradley classes.

Now that we finally had our first appointment, I'm feeling so much more calm and confident about this pregnancy! We absolutely love our midwife and just having this appointment really makes it feel more real for us. :-)

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
January 25th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
So glad it went well Joanna! How fortunate you are to get to use the birth center! I wish there was one close to me!
January 26th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Yes, we are SUPER excited about it. The birth center JUST opened last month, so it was perfect timing for us!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
January 26th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome news Joanna!

I posted about my appointment yesterday, still can't stop looking at the pics today!
January 26th, 2011, 06:28 PM
alyashlyn's Avatar Veteran
So I had my second scheduled appointment yesterday. I have actually been seen weekly since my first appointment four weeks ago due to having a blood clot and additional bleeding.
So a quick recap on the past month. I had some heavy bleeding about three weeks ago and a blood clot was discovered between the placenta and uterus - I have a subchorionic hematoma. I have seen four doctors in the past month. First doc pretty much told me to prepare to miscarry - I know what a sweety huh? Second doc told me that the blood clot was actually over the cervix and that I had nothing to worry about. Third doc told me that the second doc I saw has no idea what he's talking about and is losing his mind. Third doc told me that most of the time the clot resolves on its own and that I need to just relax and focus on my healthy growing baby. Yesterday I saw my doc who of course had no idea what was going on at first, I told him I have been bleeding daily for the past three weeks and that the blood was brown, he very enthusiastically told me that I was doing perfect, I got another ultrasound like I have at every appointment and baby is growing and doing good and is even showing signs of having working kidneys. My doctor wants me to be seen every two weeks now for closer monitoring. I told him that in the middle of next month I'll be moving and asked for a doc referral, he gave me the info for an excellent husband wife team in the same town I'm moving too that even delivered his first child and specializes in pregnancy complications so that's beyond awesome, I was stressing about finding a new doc but I got that covered now.
So even though I'm not out of the woods just yet my baby has a pretty good chance of continuing to grow and make it to full term. I was told yesterday that I'm most likely not going to miscarry at this point but if the clot doesn't go away that the risk of going into pre-term labor before 24 weeks increases quite a bit so hopefully it just goes away.
But on the bright side I get ultrasounds every time I go to the docs and that being twice a month now I'll get to see my baby often so that's cool.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search