Dentist :S

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to go to the dentist this morning, and I am NOT looking forward to it. Normally I don't mind the dentist at all. I am one of those people that could fall asleep in the dentist chair. The problem is I am going in for a routine cleaning, but I haven't been able to brush my teeth since October without getting sick. I do still brush my teeth, but I started only brushing them first thing in the morning, which is NOT the good time to brush them. I do it though, because there is nothing in my stomach then, so all I lose is stomach acid .. much better than brushing them at night and losing what is left of dinner ( I figure since I really haven't gained weight yet and am having trouble eating much at a time, I need whatever food I can get).

So ... I am worried about getting sick at the dentist (I will warn the hygenist) .. and I will probably get talked to for my teeth not looking as good. The last time I was in 6 months ago I had just found out I was pregnant (that was my m/c), and the hygenist was very adamant about needing to take care of your gums when you are pregnant. She is right too, because my gums never bled before and they routinely do now when I brush my teeth .. ughhh ... anyway, it is going to be a fun morning. On the lighter side though, I get to go back to the OB this afternoon and check on my babies again .. woohoo!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 25th, 2011, 04:08 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the dentist, and I don't brush my teeth like I should either...I go in a couple of weeks...good luck, I get nervous when I go for a routine even when I'm not pregnant..haha...I am the one they have to knock out though...haha
January 25th, 2011, 06:38 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on my way there this morning too! Considering I woke up with a migraine and morning sickness I'd really like to skip but I've already rescheduled a couple times.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 25th, 2011, 07:16 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had to have a root canal a few weeks ago and I was so terrified of getting sick all over the dentist! I warned him about being gaggy and he was really great about it, taking breaks frequently. Hope your experience goes as well as mine did!

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
January 25th, 2011, 08:22 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went, they didnt really do much, said they cant scale my teeth because my gums are sensitive and flame up while pregnant. So they just polished. They did do an xray because I have a really bad cavity they are going to fill but everything else has to wait. I wasnt nauseus until I stood up and couldnt stop gagging. Ugh.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope it isn't too bad for you!

I had to go get fillings when I was pregnant with DD and I probably should this time, too but I just hate the dentist so much I would rather deal with the cavaties than go in.

January 25th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
i typically cancel mine while pregnant because of vomiting and gaging issues. BUT it is actually normal for your gums to bleed while pregnant because of increased blood flow, so it oculd be that. But just try your best to take care of your teeth. It sucks, but just try. They cant be mean for you throwing up. You cant control that.
January 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It actually went really well. The hygenist was great and when she was polishing them, she only did a little section at a time then rinsed. She was also very careful not to let the paste stuff get near my tongue. So while my stomach did a few flips while I was there, that was the worst of it. They have been watching one that they want to fix, but they don't want to do it while I am pregnant, which is fine with me. I will have to get that done this summer though before it gets too bad. All in all a good morning

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 25th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad it went well!

January 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Aw glad it went well!
I have a cleaning next thursday. I dont mind going..but yeah going while pregnant isnt the greatest:-/
I still gag every time I brush mu teeth too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search