Babywearing anyone?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 05:42 AM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 questions - for BTDT moms, do you think its safe for me to babywear in the front right now? By the time I was pregnant with Jackson, William was on my back in the ergo - but Jack likes to be in front. I don't do it often because its uncomfortable, but sometimes I need it, well, I am just so used to the convenience of it, I don't want to give it up. LOL

2nd question...who is planning on babywearing? What will you use?
I will be using my Moby at first, I LOVE my moby!

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.
January 25th, 2011, 05:46 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I think you can do it as long as it feels comfortable When it starts to put pressure on your uterus you probably won't want to anymore lol! I know I was wearing my 2 year old until I was like 13-14 weeks pregnant with DS. And I don't have any extra fluff really and I usually show pretty fast.

I have tried the Sleepy Wrap, various pouch slings, I had a Baby Bjorn with my 1st which was horrible! My favorite is the Ergo, I plan on getting an infant insert for that but I also want to get a Beco Butterfly II that comes with an infant insert

My back is really bad but I have found the soft structured carriers to be very comfortable and I'm able to wear them for an extended period of time. Any other type hurts me.
January 25th, 2011, 06:31 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes you can...as long as you are comfy.

I will be babywearing again. I will have a sling and possibly a moby as well for the first few months. I have a beco butterfly II (which is my and my dh's fav carrier of all time) and a Mei Tai. I am thinking of purchasing a Beco Gemini as well. (I think I have a bit of a baby carrier obsession...lol).

January 25th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Oh yea!!! I love my sleepy wrap. Will do it all over again It is the BEST. INVENTION. EVER!

January 25th, 2011, 06:57 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have all sorts of warps and the Ergo - my DD hates them all. I dont know why but she doesn't like to be worn. But if this baby does, I definitely will!!! It makes life so much easier.

January 25th, 2011, 08:00 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have never done baby wearing but if I can figure it out I might try it. The only downside for me is that at about three months I have to go back to work . I don't want the daycare to have problems because of it. Does anyone baby wear that works too?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 25th, 2011, 08:23 AM
TheTruthWillSetUFree
I have the original Baby Bjorn and I love, love, LOVE it!! I used it with all 4, birth-18m. They say it can put unwanted pressure on boy parts but it was never a problem with ours. I love having my baby on me instead of in an infant carrier when grocery shopping. I have a hot sling too and it's nice. My sons didn't like any of the numerous wraps I tried with them but they LOVED the Bjorn. The Ergo and others spread the babies legs out too far imho. I hear the Ergo works better for toddlers.

A lot depends on your body structure. I'm barely 5' 4" and nothing fits me as comfortable as the Bjorn. I was in a car accident in college and have a "bad back" that acts up every now and then. The wraps always made it worse. The Bjorn spreads the weight out evenly and has nice support.

For those just starting out, your best bet would be to find a friend that has the model you're looking for, and a baby, and try it out.
January 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
I have never done baby wearing but if I can figure it out I might try it. The only downside for me is that at about three months I have to go back to work . I don't want the daycare to have problems because of it. Does anyone baby wear that works too?
Both my kids were in daycare because I was in the military that was really a non issue. It's not like my baby was strapped to my back 24/7! I didn't use the carrier that much in the house but whenever we went out shopping or to the park or anywhere outside the house I had it ready
January 25th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea about wearing while preggo. I'm sure as long as it's comfortable for you then it should be fine.

I wore my son in a WAHM ring sling and he loved being worn. I bought a Mod Mum baby sling a couple of months ago that looks/feels for comfy. So I will try it out with this little one.

January 25th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys1girl View Post
I have the original Baby Bjorn and I love, love, LOVE it!! I used it with all 4, birth-18m. They say it can put unwanted pressure on boy parts but it was never a problem with ours. I love having my baby on me instead of in an infant carrier when grocery shopping. I have a hot sling too and it's nice. My sons didn't like any of the numerous wraps I tried with them but they LOVED the Bjorn. The Ergo and others spread the babies legs out too far imho. I hear the Ergo works better for toddlers.

A lot depends on your body structure. I'm barely 5' 4" and nothing fits me as comfortable as the Bjorn. I was in a car accident in college and have a "bad back" that acts up every now and then. The wraps always made it worse. The Bjorn spreads the weight out evenly and has nice support.

For those just starting out, your best bet would be to find a friend that has the model you're looking for, and a baby, and try it out.
Have you ever TRIED the Ergo though? I have used both and let me tell ya...it is a world of difference Babies don't mind having their legs out like that, it's actually much better for their bones/hip development. Remember they don't have the muscle tone that grown adults do. Any baby can pretty much do the splits without complaint
January 25th, 2011, 10:17 AM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my eye on the Beco Gemini!! If DH will let me, I plan to buy one.
I agree that its a really good idea to try some out before you decide what you want. I think the Ergo works great for a newborn (I have the attachment), but I just prefer the MOby for the newborn days because of the extra closeness and the variety of holds - especially the breastfeeding hold!!

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.
January 25th, 2011, 11:04 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I Love to babywear. I have a bad back and the carrier types hurt me, but I LOVED the Moby.

January 25th, 2011, 11:10 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I think as long as you're comfortable I think you can do a front hold but its up to you.

I have a peanut shell and a moby wrap. I'm thinking of getting a Mai Tai or an Ergo this time around. I love babywearing!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
January 25th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beesgirl
I will be using my moby wrap. Well its not a real moby wrap but used the same way. I have several of them and love it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search