Stretch marks

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 08:01 AM
~Justine~'s Avatar Super Mommy
So has anyone started getting stretch marks yet?

With my first pregnancy I only got them on my legs and hips, and not one on my belly. But already I am getting them on my belly.

Anyone else getting any?

Thank you to Mistyx6 for my siggy!

January 25th, 2011, 08:10 AM
mi5kidzmom's Avatar Veteran
I still have zero stretch marks and I think it's because with all four previous pregnancies I have used the stretch mark cream they sell at the maternity store. I had plans to go buy my first jar for this pregnancy today.

Married to the LOVE OF MY LIFE and SOULMATE!!
Proud SAHM to Ariel 12, Sebastian 11, Paul 5, Bryannah 4, and #5 Maverick on the way!
January 25th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Super Mommy
No, not yet. I didn't have any until week 40 with my son. He was a week overdue and that last week, I got a bunch! That seems unfair...
January 25th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Destiny
I didn't get any until I was 36 weeks along, except a couple of little ones here and there. I'm not worried about getting any because my stomach is absolutely covered with them anyway. They're almost invisible now, so they don't really bother me.

January 25th, 2011, 09:00 AM
CherishC's Avatar Super Mommy
None so far but I've been losing weight or staying the same for a few weeks because I can hardly eat anything without making me sick. I'm using stretch mark cream as well so maybe that is helping. But I have a feeling since my frame is very small the baby really doesn't have any place to go but out. So ask this same question in a few weeks LOL.

January 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
not yet..but im sure ill get them..im a bigger girl..so we will see ive heard that pure coca butter works for them! dont know how true it is though.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
January 25th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I don't have any yet (well just old ones on my hips from college!), and I just bought some Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula for stretchmarks. I've heard heredity has a lot to do with it too though. My mom only got them on her hips and boobs, but her belly was spared. So I hope I'm the same way. But I'm using the cream just in case!!

January 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
Maica destroyed my belly and i used every cream in the book!! its definately a hereditary thing, unfortunately, if you're going to get them you will. staying hydrated can be an important factor too.

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
January 25th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Veteran
None here. I was lucky enough not to get any with my first pregnancy either. I do use Palmer's, but am not sure if that has anything to do with the lack of stretch marks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search