I can't take this weather anymore!!! RANT

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
So today I thought it was going to be cloudy out which is no big deal at all, but it's cloudy and SNOWING!!! AGAIN!! I can't take it anymore. I'm so done with this weather. The weathermen are calling for 1 - 3 inches accumulation which is no big deal, but when there's still about 6 inches from the last storm and more to possibly come on Thursday, you just want to go nuts!!! Usually when it snows I stay in, but I HAVE to go food shopping and do some errands so I have to trek out in it today. Now, I'm a good driver and am not worried about me driving in the snow, it's the other idiots out there that piss me off.

I'm on the verge of looking for a house in Florida or some where where it NEVER snows! I'm so done.

January 25th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
Awwwwwwww, Im sorry the snow is upsetting you Im in UT and getting it today as well. Its still winter, but look! Jan is almost over and spring will be here before we know it Plus you have your own personal internal heater right now to help you out!

January 25th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
Oh I know how you feel!!!!!

Our weather has changed a bit the last few days... went from -25 to around -3 (so like 25F or something maybe? Guessing) and our packed snow got a tiny bit mushy and last night they brought plows through our back alley where the driveways and garages are and instead of just leveling out the snow they plowed right down to the pavement. When we went outside this morning to leave for work and there was about 3 1/2 feet of ice blocks and hard snow at the end of our driveway which had totally frozen together since the temperature dropped in the middle of the night. Took forever to chip away enough ice so that we could get out of the driveway safely.

Anyways.. not the same issue but my point is the same .... I HATE WINTER!!!!!

January 25th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohhh i am soooooooooooooooooo sick of winter. I hate looking out at snow. I want to see green grass and sunshine. I want to open my windows for fresh air! I want to let my dd out of this HOUSE to play in the yard!! I am SOOOO READY FOR SPRING AND SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 25th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Khara
I try not to think about weather... I live in the Seattle area so in the winter it's pretty much non-stop darkness. If it's not raining (which it almost always is in the winter) it's just cloudy and dark. It can really get you down if you let it... winter is rough.
January 25th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Mommy to girls
This is why I love the south!
January 25th, 2011, 02:13 PM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel! NY weather just SUCKS!!!! I am so sick of all this snow! If you look ate the extended forecast for where I live in NY it shows snow everyday till Saturday! I was just saying to my DH I was ready to move to FL! Please let this be it for snow for us!!!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

January 26th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
We stood at the bus stop for half hr this am and the bus still hadn't come. i told them if they could run home before it did come, they could have a PJ day. Just got the call they are closing school early. So glad I didn't waste my time driving them!

January 26th, 2011, 07:50 AM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Move to the south...no snow here....I mean all winter all we've had is a dusting....

Hope it eases up for you girls soon!!!!!
January 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I thought today was suppose to rain mostly, which was fine and then snow overnight and get up to 6 inches then. BUT I just had to shovel my back deck a bit (because of my dogs) and there was a good 3 inches out there!!! Now the snow isn't suppose to stop until some time tomorrow morning with a total of up to 9 inches of snow. UGH! I feel so trapped and bored.

January 26th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel you! We moved from Florida to MI for DH's med school and I hate it! I have had enough of the cold and snow to last a life time. I was born and raised in Florida and cannot WAIT to go back...whenever that will be

January 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain. Although the temps here have warmed into the 20's, it's been complete clouds and light snow all week. It gets depressing and boring.

I wish winter were shorter because there is NOTHING better than spring time!! I love the 4 seasons, just wish they were all equal in length. Not 6 months of winter, 2 months of summer, spring & fall.

January 26th, 2011, 08:31 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain. We have tons of snow on the ground, and are supposed to get more. The farmer's almanac says February is supposed to be nothing but Blizzards in Iowa. We live on a gravel road that maybe gets "plowed" once during the middle of a storm..usually DH has to take his tractor out and reopen it. Brylie and I have been cooped up since the end of December, and we're both going stir crazy.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 26th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
What township are you in again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lex1078 View Post
I thought today was suppose to rain mostly, which was fine and then snow overnight and get up to 6 inches then. BUT I just had to shovel my back deck a bit (because of my dogs) and there was a good 3 inches out there!!! Now the snow isn't suppose to stop until some time tomorrow morning with a total of up to 9 inches of snow. UGH! I feel so trapped and bored.

January 26th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Super Mommy
6-10 Inches here today in addition to the 6 already on the ground from last week... every 4-5 days we get another storm... they are forecasting more on the weekend and then again next Wednesday for our area...

We are seriously looking for jobs in South Florida after this baby is born - I'm not even joking... our intention is to move to the Boca Raton/Ft. Lauderdale area before the next winter sets in if AT ALL possible...
January 26th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Laugh View Post
What township are you in again?
Bethpage, NY

Ok, so now the weather people are forecasting up to 14 inches of snow by tomorrow morning! YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!! I love my DH to death, but in all honesty, I don't want him home tomorrow and with that much snow, he might stay home. Which means, I won't get anything done. He makes me so lazy cause if I am doing something, he's up my butt!!! I have so much to do around here and having an extra 'hemorrhoid' doesn't help.

January 26th, 2011, 02:43 PM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lex1078 View Post
Bethpage, NY

Ok, so now the weather people are forecasting up to 14 inches of snow by tomorrow morning! YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!! I love my DH to death, but in all honesty, I don't want him home tomorrow and with that much snow, he might stay home. Which means, I won't get anything done. He makes me so lazy cause if I am doing something, he's up my butt!!! I have so much to do around here and having an extra 'hemorrhoid' doesn't help.
I am also on Long Island and I just saw now they are saying maybe a foot!!!! My DH is supposed to fly out tomorrow morning for his sisters wedding. I am so sick of all this snow! Praying this will be it!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

January 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
AJD04's Avatar Abby
I am with ya! SOO sick of these cold, gloomy days! I need some vitamin D SOON.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search