I WANT this kitchen!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
So, our apartment lease is up in June, and we're planning on using tax money and bonuses and such things to try to get into a house. We're not going to be really hunting for a few months, but I've been looking at listings online and I let myself fall in love (terrible I know, this house may not even be available in a few months!)

but I want it and just had to share. lol

It's got 5 bedrooms, 2 full/1partial baths for $189,900. Is it terrible that I hope it doesn't sell any time soon???

January 25th, 2011, 09:28 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I'm in the same boat as you! We've almost saved enough for a down payment on a house and I've been looking for a few months. I did get rather attached to one house we saw and now there's a sale pending and it sucks. But, I love that kitchen too! That's the first thing I look at and it can really make or break it for me (I DON'T want to redo a kitchen)

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

January 25th, 2011, 09:33 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Nice! I hate our kitchen, it's too small Whenever we move I know what to look for
January 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM
yeah, I'm all about kitchens and bathrooms. It helps that I spend a lot of time in the kitchen too, so it needs to be nice. Matt looks at other things that I usually don't even think about (like the condition of the ceilings. lol)

January 25th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
very nice!

January 25th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooooh! I know nothing about house pricing or anything, but that is a nice kitchen! Good luck finding something! KUP!
January 25th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those french doors are beautiful! Definitely a selling point. I love how warm everything looks. Two thumbs up for sure!

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
January 25th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama.Angie View Post
Ooooh! I know nothing about house pricing or anything, but that is a nice kitchen! Good luck finding something! KUP!
The thing about house pricing is that it varies so much from place to place. Right now we're living in Highlands Ranch, a suburb further south of Lakewood (where this house is), and you can get a 3bed/2bath for $250k. So this house has 2 more bedrooms and another partial bathroom for $60k less, plus less in property taxes and I don't think there's an HOA. Highlands Ranch is kind of the snooty area. lol

January 25th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That's gorgeous!
January 25th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Very nice! And clean too, ha ha!
January 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Highlands Ranch is kind of the snooty area. lol
I lived in and around Denver until I was 14 and the only thing I remember about Highlands Ranch is that all the houses look the same

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

January 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nicole*~ View Post
I lived in and around Denver until I was 14 and the only thing I remember about Highlands Ranch is that all the houses look the same
that's true too!! Practically every house we've looked at in HR has had the same floorplan. It's a good floorplan, but they're all the same. lol

January 25th, 2011, 12:52 PM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow that looks awesome and that price... well for where i live right now... you cant live "on the wrong side of the tracks" for that price

i hope it is still available for you!!
January 25th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, nice! And the price!
January 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM
hellolea's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
The thing about house pricing is that it varies so much from place to place. Right now we're living in Highlands Ranch, a suburb further south of Lakewood (where this house is), and you can get a 3bed/2bath for $250k. So this house has 2 more bedrooms and another partial bathroom for $60k less, plus less in property taxes and I don't think there's an HOA. Highlands Ranch is kind of the snooty area. lol
You're so lucky! I live just south of you on the northern end of the springs, if I'm thinking of the right highlands ranch. I hope you get the house girl. Looks beautiful.

Thank you GravesMama for the beautiful siggy

January 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's really nice! So pretty.
January 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You certainly don't want to start looking too soon, but you may want to start sooner than you think particularly if you are looking at short sales and foreclosures those can take MONTHS! Plus, if you put addendums in the contract that it is based on your ability to secure financing or that it is based on inspection (which is pretty broad) it is pretty easy to get out of the contracts if you don't have the down payment in time. I bought a bank owned foreclosure in Oct and also made an offer on a short sale. I live in FL, we are hard hit by the real estate crisis. It can be time consuming and a severe pain in the butt BUT you can get the deal of a life time if you have the time, energy and a good agent. But we spent hours a day sending emails, chasing down phone calls, dealing with a real estate attorney and our agent was a bull dog. From first offer to close we did it is 6 weeks. But in this part of the country that is SUPER FAST the agent had contracts that she had been working on a year and the average time to buy a short sale was taking 6 months. But again for the deal, I would do it 10 times! Good luck, if you have any questions let me know.
January 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Cinderbella's Avatar Veteran
Lovely kitchen!

January 26th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search