Dreams...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM
2nd_Peanut_on_Board's Avatar Super Momma
I had the most horrific dream last night - I had a c-section but baby (girl it was - hope that's a good sign anyways!) was already gone by the time they got her out. Can you even believe it? I was just sobbing like you wouldn't believe - didn't want to go back to sleep once I had woke up for fear of the dream continuing. I have never ever been concerned about m/c's or anything so what gives? I just REALLY hope that it's not a continuing dream.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with my heart absolutely breaking for all of you ladies who have gone through it in the past and for those ladies who have posted recently on this topic. I just didn't know what to think once I woke up and it has been haunting me all day...

Any insight?

January 25th, 2011, 03:22 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry about the dreams you have, they aren't a sign of what is to come or anything. I think it was just your brain working through your worries while you were sleeping. I have horrific dreams while pregnant. Just the other night I dreamed that I was being held hostage at gun point and that my husband (who is a cop) was shot. When I was pregnant last time I had a recurring dream that my husband was brutally beating me with a baseball bat. For the record- he could not be further from abusive!!! Just know that it's normal and that you will be okay.

January 25th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would guess that you are probably sad from the miscarriages and/or problems that you read about. Maybe subconsciously worried yourself? I don't know. But that is sad. Try not to read to much into it though. I had CRAAAZY dreams when I was preggo with my son.

Also, 7 years ago when my sis was preggo with my first nephew, I had a dream that she had twins. A boy and a girl. The girl didn't make it and when I went to visit her she was in our childhood bed, holding her baby son. I was distraught over this dream. LOL! She went on to have a good pregnancy and a healthy son. I didn't tell her about the dream until years later and she makes fun of me now for being so upset over a dream.

January 25th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a dream last week I miscarried twin boys!

Brenda(43)wife to Henry(48)~ Mother to Nicky(23), Bradley(21),Randy(19),Cody(17),Dusty(16),
Chrissy(12), Jeremy(10),Destiny(7),Joey(5),Kailey(3),
Zackery(2)& Due 9/1/2011 w/#12! Grandma to
Brandon(2)& Abigail born 8/12/11!

January 25th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
That is a very horrific dream and I myself would be feeling probably shaken by it too.

January 25th, 2011, 06:21 PM
2nd_Peanut_on_Board's Avatar Super Momma
Thanks ladies! Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing horrifying dreams :/ hopefully we all sleep like babies tonight

January 25th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Sushi_And_Sci-Fi's Avatar Super Mommy
I am NOT a morning person and usually HATE my alarm clock, but this morning I was sooooooooo glad it rang when it did! I was in the middle of a horrific dream that I was having another miscarriage. I literally ran to the bathroom to make sure I wasn't actually bleeding.

January 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mbeth
I had a dream I had a MC last night too.. it was horrible.. As bad as this sounds I havent been SUPER excited about being pregnant.. but when I woke up this morning I realized how much I'm already in love with him or her <3
January 26th, 2011, 04:32 AM
TheTruthWillSetUFree
I too have always had very, VERY weird and/or scary dreams when I'm pregnant.

No worries, it seems to be perfectly normal. Blame those lovely hormones again if you want.
January 26th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't had any dreams about miscarriages or anything like that, but I have had some really crazy dreams it seems like ever since conception and I normally hardly ever dream, let alone this consistently. Night after night I can't really remember them after I wake up, but I'll wake up in the middle of the night and then have trouble falling back asleep because I'm nauseous. Not fun!
January 26th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dreams can offten mean something very different from what we imagine that they mean. Here is some insight from my dream guide.I'm trying to get everything that everyone has mentioned.

Babies- signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. If you find a baby in your dream, then it suggests that you have acknowledged your hidden potential. If you dream that you forgot you had a baby, then it suggests that you are trying hide your own vulnerabilities; You do not want to let others know of your weaknesses. Alternatively, forgetting about a baby, represents an aspect of yourself that you have abandoned or put aside due to life's changing circumstances. The dream may serve as a reminder that it is time for you to pick up that old interest, hobby, or project again.

If you dream that you are on your way to the hospital to have a baby, then it signifies your issues of dependency and your desires to be completely care for. Perhaps you are trying to get out of some responsibility. If you are pregnant in real life, then a more direct interpretation may simply mean that you are experiencing some anxieties of making it to the hospital when the time comes.

To dream of a crying baby, symbolizes a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs to be nurtured. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life. If you dream that a baby is neglected, then it suggests that you are not paying enough attention to yourself. You are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, this dream could represent your fears about your own children and your ability to protect and to provide for them.

To dream about a starving baby, represents your dependence on others. You are experiencing some deficiency in your life that needs immediate attention and gratification.

To dream of an extremely small baby, symbolizes your helplessness and your fears of letting others become aware of your vulnerabilities and incompetence. You may be afraid to ask for help and as a result tend to take matters into your own hands.

To see a dead baby in your dream, symbolizes the ending of something that was once a part of you.

To dream that you are dipping a baby in and out of water, signifies regression. You are regressing to a time where you had no worries and responsibilities. Alternatively, such a scenario is reminisce of when the baby is in the fetus and in its comfort zone. In fact, some expectant mothers even give birth in a pool, because the environment in the water mimics the environment in the uterus. It is less traumatic for the baby as it emerges into the world. So perhaps, the dream represents your search for your own comfort zone.

Death- To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what you like about them. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, the dream indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life anymore. In particular, to dream about the death of your parents, indicates that you are undergoing a significant change in your waking life. Your relationship with your parents has evolved into a new realm.

To see someone dying in your dream, signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person.

Belly- To see your belly in your dream, indicates that your are processing and integrating your ideas and feelings from the unconscious to the conscious level. The belly symbolically holds repressed emotions and unexpressed feelings. Your dream may also be telling you to trust your gut feeling and intuition.

To see a pregnant belly, represents emotions that are due to come to the surface. They can no longer remain suppressed.

To dream that you are stroking or touching a belly, indicates that you are coming to terms with certain feelings. You are slowly confronting and acknowledging your repressed emotions.

To dream that you or someone has a belly piercing, denotes your deep connection with your mother. Perhaps the dream is telling you to reconnect with your mother or that you need to be in touch with your maternal instincts.

Birth- To dream of giving birth or see someone else giving birth, suggests that you are giving birth to a new idea or project. It also represents a new attitude, fresh beginnings or a major event. Alternatively, the dream may be calling attention to your inner child and the potential for you to grow. A more direct interpretation of this dream, may represent your desires/ anxieties of giving birth or the anticipation for such an event to occur.

To dream that the mother dies during birth, represents transformation. The dream represents the ending of one thing (death) and the new beginning of another thing (birth). You may be making life changes or getting rid of your old habits and ways.

Blood-To dream that you are bleeding or losing blood, signifies that you are suffering from exhaustion or that you are feeling emotionally drained. It may also denote bitter confrontations between you and your friends. Your past actions has come back to haunt you. Women often dream of blood or of someone bleeding, shortly before or during their periods or while they are pregnant.

Miscarriage-To dream that you have a miscarriage, suggests that some idea or plan did not go as expected. The dream may also serve as a warning against your continued course of action. You need to alter your path or risk losing something of significance and value to you. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you have been wronged in some way.

If you are currently pregnant, then dreams of miscarriages are common in the first and second trimester of pregnancy.

January 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM
singlesammy's Avatar Veteran
I dreamt that i had a miscarriage last night. i think the interpretation is pretty accurate.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search