I have a confession...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I am so excited to be having a baby. Beyond excited!

But....

I hate being pregnant. I really do. Im just not one of those women with a "glow"...

Does this make me a terrible person?

January 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Super Mommy
I don't know. But it makes you a lot like me.

Mary Elizabeth stillborn at 26 weeks
January 25th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Super Mommy
No not at all!!! I actually LOVE being pregnant and I'm so so so sad that this is my last pregnancy.
January 25th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Veteran
Completely normal... super excited I am pregnant but wish we could fast foward to the good part of meeting our baby and skip the rest inbetween...

January 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It doesn't make you terrible. I tell everyone I love being pregnant and it is usually met with a question similar to "Are you nuts?!" So many things happen in pregnancy that it is hard to be floating around on cloud nine all the time. Sometimes the end result, that cute little baby is what gets you through.

January 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I detest being pregnant, I don't like anything about it, except the special connection I have with my little baby, before the rest of the world gets to meet him/her. My dh can't believe that I was willing to do this a fourth time, since I'm normally miserable from start to finish.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 25th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by **Katie** View Post
I am so excited to be having a baby. Beyond excited!

But....

I hate being pregnant. I really do. Im just not one of those women with a "glow"...

Does this make me a terrible person?
Um.............

NO!

Had a breeze for my first pregnancy and after this one I don't want to do this again!!

Let's hope I get a girl so I can be done!

It's hard my friend..... I'm with you.
January 25th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Super Mommy
It makes you normal. Some people love it. Some people hate it. You certainly are not alone. I agree with you. It's nothing but 9 months of stress and feeling crappy. I LOVE the end result when it works out well. But it is a sucky 9 months. I just wish we could all fast forward to a happy ending!
January 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I am completely with you. This time around has been a bit harder then with my son. The only thing I really enjoy is feeling my baby/ies move around. The outcome is definitely worth it but you have to go through so much to get there. Hang in there we are getting close to the halfway point!

January 25th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Veteran
Not at all. This is my 2nd and I am miserable this pregnancy!! I told my husband that if I would have experienced this with my first, we wouldn't of had another baby lol. I loved being pregnant the first time and now... I can't stand it!!

January 25th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Sahoko's Avatar It's ANOTHER Boy!
I second this.
January 25th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
you are absolutey not a bad person, nor are you alone! I don't really enjoy being pregnant either, there are parts I like (like feeling the baby move) but being tired and achy etc etc.... no fun!
crazy thing is I keep doing it LOL and I am actually sad that this will be my last time being pregnant :-(

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

January 25th, 2011, 08:51 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't same I'm loving this either. I was soooooo sick and had to get hooked up to IV's and still am not feeling great. You are having a really tough time too I can't imagine having those horrible migranes for so long. Don't feel bad.

January 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
It gets easier late in the game, trust me. The first part is the hardest part. With Charlie, I didn't really grow to 'like' being pregnant until I was around six months or so.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
January 25th, 2011, 09:34 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
I agree with Molly! I was sooooo sick all the time with Haydon, and didn't really start feeling "glowy" and peppy until 6months! During the first half of my pregnancy I said I hated it and wasn't sure how I could do it again. After Haydon was born I said I'de do it 3 more times! This pregnancy I've been enjoying it from the very beginning, because I know that even though 9 months feels like a lifetime, it really is a very short part of my life that I'll get to experience only a few times! So because of that fact, I'm trying to savor every moment!

But, not everyone is the same, and pregnancy just isn't their thing at all... it does not by any means make you a bad person!!!

Last edited by .t.e.r.r.a.; January 25th, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
January 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM
You are not alone This is my 4th so far successful pg and I hated being pg every single time. What is weird is that within minutes of delivery that feeling goes away and I have an instant out pouring of affection for my new baby. THAT is what makes the entire 9 months worth while
January 26th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Veteran
If you are a bad person then so am I. While I am sad this is my last baby, I have never really loved being pregnant. Delivery fine, love newborns and the work they entail etc but pregnancy? Its just too cumbersome and exausting for me

Shannon mom to the three most amazing children ~Tara Grace ~ Emma Faith ~ and ~ Liam Patrick ~
January 26th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
100% normal! I never dreamed in a million years my second pregnancy would be this terrible!!!

January 26th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel that way between weeks 5-14 and then I LOVE being pregnant! I swear I feel better while pregnant! Weird but true. I think if I felt like crap I would hate it too!
January 26th, 2011, 08:57 AM
jbrezy's Avatar Jessi
I hate being pregnant until around 18 weeks.. after that you start feeling the baby, really showing, your half way thru it.. etc.. The first 4 months are hard and come with a lifestyle change (aka no buzz and no sushi ) which is hard...

I have many friends who are great moms but hated every minute of their pregnancies...

xo

Thank you Tasha_mae for my amazing siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search