Infant seats?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Whos looking at infant seats? What brands are you researching or have decided on?

I was looking at the Maxi Cosi Mico. But after reading the reviews, I am now leaning towards Britax Chaperone or the Chicco KeyFit 30, which both have great reviews...the KeyFit just has better colors! I also like the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio.

Last edited by Demetria; January 25th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
January 25th, 2011, 08:48 PM
beccandrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chicco Keyfit 30!! It's the best carseat I've ever used. We bought it when we had our last baby, Max...so 2.5 years ago. I was so sad when he outgrew it. I can't wait to use it again. Awesome seat!!
January 25th, 2011, 08:54 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
I didn't look into it yet buy I'm going to go look these up. Sorry I'm not much help.

January 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Jessido's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really like the carseats by Safety 1st. The seem to recline the babies more which I feel is safer and better for sleep. Plus I've read reviews about Safety 1st being better than Chicco or Graco in terms of the seats locking together with strollers for travel systems.

Any BTDT moms have experience with Safety 1st?

Avery. 4/11
January 25th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Sahoko's Avatar Super Mommy
Been looking at mainly Graco snugrides....
January 26th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Tippy's Avatar ♥ So Blessed ♥
Funny to come here this morning and read this. I was just looking online last night and bookmarked about a dozen travel systems and strollers.

Chicco Cortina, Graco Quattro Tour Delux, 4 different styles of Mia Moda and a Peg Perego.

I was also thinking of just using a convertible car seat instead of infant carrier and found 2 really nice ones by Eddie Bauer and Safety 1st.

My youngest had a convertible car seat and I really liked it. The other 2 had the infant carrier/seats. I have a carrier/seat now, so will probably buy a convertible seat and see at the time which works better for me.

Wife & Mom to 4
Gestational Surrogate to Siblings ~ Sarah 12/04 & Ryan 1/06
Donor Embryo Recipient ~ 10/06 (m/c @ 13w & 2 chemicals)
Tubal Reversal Surgery ~ 11/07
Angels in Heaven ~ 5/07, 11/08, 6/09, 3/10 & 8/10
Failed Adoption ~ 2/09-10/09
Failed attempts w/a Traditional Surrogate ~ 12/09-6/10

♥ Our little miracle has arrived ♥
7/18/11 - 11:15pm - 9lbs. 2 ozs - 22.25 inches long

January 26th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Super Mommy
We have the Chicco and love it- I'm annoyed the base is so expensive! We want to get a 2nd base, but I can buy a new Graco infant seat for that price!

Thank you Misfitinmn for my signature!
January 26th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Ok, now I feel particularly swayed towards the KeyFit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessido View Post
I really like the carseats by Safety 1st. The seem to recline the babies more which I feel is safer and better for sleep. Plus I've read reviews about Safety 1st being better than Chicco or Graco in terms of the seats locking together with strollers for travel systems.

I dont have any experience with these as my other kids were in snugrides, but I did see that they had high reviews in a baby shopping guide magazine that I was reading at work last week!
January 26th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am actually starting to do this research now! I asked bf to be prepared to buy the car seat in the next 2 months (since I am paying for all the dr visits).

I will let you know what we decide on.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

January 26th, 2011, 06:22 AM
My first and second boys were in the snugride, and it was fine. But after using the Chicco Keyfit last time, I would NEVER go back. The straps and buckles are sooo smooth, it clips in and out the base with ease, it's cute lol. I really love it all.

As far as convertible seats, we use the Britax Marathon and it's been great as well. I'm not as obsessed about it as I am the Chicco, but it's a really nice seat.
January 26th, 2011, 06:25 AM
CherishC's Avatar Super Mommy
I've just been looking at everything because I don't know thats the best and whats the worse to get.

January 26th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I've been looking at Graco because it's what a friend recommended after I freaked out to her about car seats She used it for both of her kids and loved it, and I know it will fit in our car. Plus it has a base that stays in the car, which is a must for us because we have a 2 door and there's no way I can/will wrangle a car seat into place every time we go anywhere.

But I don't really know how to choose a car seat. I want one with a base, but I want the seat part to be as light as possible, it can't be too big because it needs to fit in our little backseat, and of course it must be safe. And I'm not sure how to find one like that without getting one and trying to put it in the car and then taking the seat out.

January 26th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Mana- I've never done this (we don't have a babies r us here), but I've heard that they will let you take them out in the parking lot and install them to see how the fit is in your particular car.
January 26th, 2011, 07:41 AM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
this baby will be in the graco snugride for a few months (we already have it from the other two) then will be moving to most likely a graco myride.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
January 26th, 2011, 07:46 AM
mishymama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea. My friend is giving me hers, so I don't know what kind it is.
January 26th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Veteran
I have had two graco safeseats and have loved them

Shannon mom to the three most amazing children ~Tara Grace ~ Emma Faith ~ and ~ Liam Patrick ~
January 26th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
Well, we don't use the infant seats because I can't see spending the extra money when the baby will be out of it at 6 months old. We buy the convertible car seats. They go from about 5 pounds up to around 50-60 lbs so you will never need to buy another car seat. We have the Britax Advocate. We bought it for our baby who is 7 months but the new baby will use it and we will buy a Britax roundabout for our son who will be 13 months when the baby is born. Britax is the safest car seat you can buy. I would never trust my babies in anything else. They live up the the safety standards in other countries which is greater than the standards in the US. Granted we did pay $400 for our car seat but I feel that my baby needs to be the safest he or she can be in the car. My husband had two people hit him while the kids were not in the car, thank goodness, but the car had 9K worth of damage and was totaled the other time. I feel great driving around knowing my baby is so so so safe.

Britax seats have so many nice features. The advocate has a nob where you don't have to un-do the whole car seats when you need to change the height of the straps. The knob just voes it up and down. It also has velcro to hold the straps out of the way when you are putting baby in. I just love it!

Last edited by MyThreeStars; January 26th, 2011 at 08:01 AM.
January 26th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccandrew View Post
Mana- I've never done this (we don't have a babies r us here), but I've heard that they will let you take them out in the parking lot and install them to see how the fit is in your particular car.
Oh that would be so helpful! I'll have to see if they really do that

January 26th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally like having an infant carseat because I think it is so convenient to be able to put the whole thing in a stroller, in a shopping cart, etc without having to take them out/wake them up. We used the Graco Snugride 32 with DS because it was compatible with the infant car seat adapter on my BOB jogging stroller. I will be using it again with this one as it seems to be the most compatible with my strollers. The carseat itself isn't my favorite though...it is super bulky, heavy, and I hate the carrying handle. I love the Peg Perrego brand (but not the price). If I was buying one brand new I would want it to have the carrying handle that is vertical and not horizontal.
January 26th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessido View Post

I just bought a Safety 1st travel system today

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search