Delivery Room Attendants

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 04:00 AM
TheTruthWillSetUFree
Who are you planning on inviting into the delivery room on the big day?

Here's my run down...
1st baby-DH, my mom, my youngest sister (14 yrs old at the time), Doc, 1 NP

2nd baby-DH, DS (almost 2yrs old), my mom, youngest sister again. My dad was right outside the door. (DH roamed in and out keeping him company which they both enjoyed.) My MIL showed up early thinking I would have had it already and stayed. (She wouldn't stop talking even when I asked for quiet. lol!) That baby took 1 Doc and 2 NP's.

3rd baby My other younger sister was there for the whole thing. DH was home w/ the kids and came 1 hr before I started pushing. 3 Doctors, and 3 NP's. I had a huge cantaloupe size lump sticking out of my right side. They couldn't figure out if my uterus ruptured or what...turned out to be my bladder. They forgot to put in the catheter.

4th baby 2 Doctors, 4 NP's (All standing there in shock not knowing what to do because I went from barely a 2-10cm in under 30min.), Anesthesiologist (Who was not able to help me because I went so fast. I will NEVER forget the look of pity on his face.) 1 OR Doc standing by, a receptionist and a couple other onlookers because I was crying so loud. My DH was still in the van, with the kids, waiting to hear how far I was dilated. No one ever updated him so he missed the birth. It was so crazy and fast neither of us cared. I was just glad he was with the kids.

5th baby I'm planning on having just my CNM (if my heart problem stays at bay) and 1 NP. My poor DH HATES blood and can't stand to see me in pain. I told him he could stay with the kids again like last time and he is very, VERY relieved.
January 26th, 2011, 04:06 AM
2nd_Peanut_on_Board's Avatar Super Momma
My first was an absolute ZOO

One of my best friends drove 5 hrs from Green Bay to be there - she held one leg - my other best friend (since 1st grade) and her mom were there - her mom at my head - friend with the other leg - my mom was sitting DOWN haha - I had friends and family roaming in and out all day long - the father was in and out of the room - and after the birth in came my 3 siblings - my dad - the fathers parents, sister and brother in law - my cousin - her now husband - and two other friends...and that was all like immediately after the birth. Not to mention my doctor (who is a family friend) was at another friends house prior to me delivering so as soon as they announced "It's a boy!" and everyone said "What?!" (because everyone thought it was going to be a girl lol) he called the person whose house he was at to let her know lmao...it was a ZOO

This time around it will be SO for sure and to be honest I don't care if he's the only one

January 26th, 2011, 04:11 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same as last time, just me, DH, The baby nurse, my doctor and my doctors nurse.

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

January 26th, 2011, 04:20 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby 1~ DH, 2 DR's 3 nurses and the NICU team standing by( DS's HR dropped almost to nothing a few times due to me having a reaction to the pitocin and they lost his HR while I was getting ready to push.

Baby 2~DH, MW and 2 nurses. I was going natural and didn't want so many poeple so I made it very clear only the necessary people.

This one will be about the same as #2 but maybe my mom will be there.

January 26th, 2011, 04:41 AM
sarahe210's Avatar Veteran
I just plan on it being my and DH with the doctor and whoever he needs.
January 26th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Just the midwife (s), DH, and the kids... that's it.

Facebook
January 26th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
With Bradley it was Kyle (Dh), my mom, dad, nurse m/w, nurse, doula, and a NICU team (neonatologist + 3 nurses) called in at the last minute . My dad and mom held up my legs, while my husband cheered me on! It was great.

I really want a homebirth so, everyone can be there. In the moment, I could have cared a less who was there. Honeslty, I think it is so neat to have family there, they actually saw the birth! AMAZING. I don't think my son will be there, it may scare him seeing he will only be 2.5

January 26th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and maybe my best friend. Other than that I only want the Dr and his/her team.

January 26th, 2011, 06:07 AM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DS because he was induced right before the school season started my mom was able to fly in a day before and was there with us for the birth. DH was there. Other than that it was just my nurse.

The doctor team - an attending, a resident, and a medical student were busy gowning up as DS came. The resident caught him, but had no gloves and was very not ready, he came so fast at the end.

January 26th, 2011, 06:29 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My CNM, her assistant, my dh and my dd if she chooses to be there. My dh thinks once my MIL accepts the idea of homebirth that she is going to want to be on skype if she isn't at work so that may happen as well. And my IRL BFF, wants to be on skype if the CNM says it is ok we will have it up so my BFF and MIL can watch if they want too.

January 26th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just my dh with me and any medical staff
January 26th, 2011, 06:35 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
#1 - My dh, my bff and the doctors

#2 - My dh, my granma and the doctors

#3 - My dh, my granma and the doctors

#4 - I'm hoping to have dh, my dd and a photographer and of course doctors

January 26th, 2011, 06:45 AM
TheTruthWillSetUFree
Quote:
Originally Posted by answeredprayer View Post
#2 - My dh, my granma and the doctors

#3 - My dh, my granma and the doctors
Your grandma...that is so sweet. I wish mine didn't live 1500 miles away.
January 26th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Yes, I forgot to add I want professional photography as well!

Last edited by Mom2twolittlemen; January 26th, 2011 at 07:15 AM.
January 26th, 2011, 07:14 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Its always just Dh and I for the delivery. My Brother in Law was at the hospital when I delivered my son. And of course others visited but as for delivery its just Dh and I and the needed medical people.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 26th, 2011, 08:12 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
DD - 1 pediatrician because there was meconium in my fluid. 1 OR doctor, 1 OB/GYN, 1 baby nurse, 1 scrub nurse and DD's dad. (C Section)

DS - 1 OR doc, 1 OBGYN, a couple nurses and DH (C Section)

This one I'd like to have DH, the midwife and a doula.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
January 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
With my 1st it was just ex and the doctor/nurses

With #2 I had a natural birth and it was DH, my doula, the doctor (he was an idiot) the resident (he was cool) and a couple nurses.

This time I will have DH, at least one midwife and probably her assistant, and possibly my mom or sister if one of them is visiting at the time. We are going to a birth center.
January 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
My husband and I like it being as private as possible. So it will just be him and I and whatever medical staff is needed. I don't mind if people come to see the baby the next day when I have had some rest.

Last time I had a csection and looked absolutely awful. I was pretty out of it afterwards and barely even remember feeding our son....so having company in and out during a time like that is not very appealing to me. Hopefully I will have a vbac this time.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my son it was just DH, the doctor, her nurse and our photographer. If my new doctor allows the photographer, it will be the same this time again.

January 26th, 2011, 10:21 AM
*KaraBeth*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It will probably be the same as last time.. My dh, mom and really good friend. Then there's my doc and 2 nurses. I was going to cut it down to just my dh but my mom and friend said they enjoyed it so much last time that they want to be there again. It doesn't really matter to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search