Question regarding pets

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Ryan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello there-

Question, I have a 5 year old pug who is the love of my life and who thinks he is a person, I am nervous as to how a baby will effect him.
Anyone else have any concerns? Or any advice?
January 26th, 2011, 05:35 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had to get rid of my beagle (that I had for about 4 years) when we had our first. He was fine until she became mobile and then he became too protective of me and snippy. I was too afraid he would bite her so we gave him away.

January 26th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had two very opposite reactions from my 2 dogs...it might comfort you to know that my pug loooovvvess my daughter and pretty much lets her abuse him. My other dog (a pit bull/terrier mutt from the shelter) had to go because once my daughter started walking she got super aggressive and we couldn't take any chances. Pugs are such people dogs, I would be surprised if you had any major issues.

Last edited by Kristen L; January 26th, 2011 at 05:51 AM.
January 26th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
I had a furbaby cat TJ and she was our baby girl until we had Bradley. She became fiesty, sketchy and hissed quite a bit once he was born. Wasn't worth it to us, we gave her to my brother.... I just feared that old saying, "cats take babies breath away"... With animals you never know, so follow your gut.

January 26th, 2011, 06:09 AM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of our dogs did great when we bought DS home. They loved him more than us We have since found them a better home for other reasons.

Our cats also did okay. Our girl loves him and our boy just stays away.

January 26th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Ryan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for your input! I will hope for the best! He is a pug, so hopefully they will love each other!
January 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I question that too! I have a 10 lb 2yr old pomeranian/pekingnese-chihuahua.... She's our little baby but I'm wishing that she will be able to accept that there will be another joy in the house! I would hate to give her away!
January 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I agree with Kristen. We have two pugs and they are fine with our son. I would be very surprised if you had any issues since pugs are so funloving!

Our female pug loves playing with our son. She would always get so concerned when Ethan was crying as an infant. She would sit by his swing and wimper.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 26th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At the time that we had Bennett, we had a boston terrier, boxer and an english/american bulldog mix. The boston and the boxer were fine with him. Once he became mobile the english/american mix snapped at him. Soooo, he was NEVER in the same room with him again. LOL! But we still have him. He's so old and partially blind now that he's grouchy to everyone. I also have a cat that is 10 now that pretty much ignores everyone. So she was fine.

Now we have a yorkie/maltese mix who will be two when this baby gets here. I think he will be fine with a baby. He's so loving.

January 26th, 2011, 10:13 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We have three cats and a great dane. I don't anticpate any problems from them. If they can put up with my son who loves to "hold" them so he can pet them I am sure they will be fine. I also know that they will just walk away if the kids are bugging them. The Dane well the baby might get a tail here and there but we all do . Its the dangers of having a great dane haha. I have only once had to rehome an animal after having kids and that was our pit mix who kept trying to knock me down with my daughter in my arms and jump on us. We didn't want him to hurt us and we didn't have time to train him properly . I hope everything works out with your pug. Sounds like they are great people dogs.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 26th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Super Mommy
I have a cocker spaniel and she's interacted quite a bit with my nephew, from the time he was 1 and a 1/2 to now (he's 3 and a half) and she was always great. Now she avoids him somewhat because awhile ago, he tried to ride her like a little horse and she had finally had enough and became a little more wary around him. Before that though, he was her absolute favorite person in the world! Whenever he would come over, she would get really excited but she did a great job of staying down (except for the occasional kisses). There's no way we're giving up our dog so even if there are some problems, we'll find ways to train her, help her adjust and make alternative arrangements as necessary (similar to what someone else said about not keeping them in the same room).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search