When do you start anti-stretch mark treatments?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 05:27 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am slathering myself in shea butter everyday but I want to know when to start Bio Mineral or those types of treatments? I am not showing yet so it seems premature. Anybody know?

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

January 26th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Super Mommy
I suppose anytime is good, especially once you start to pop. But, I also heard that its genetic so if your Mama got them, you most likely will, too. With Ethan I slathered, too and I didn't get them until the last 2 weeks, but then I got them all over /

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 26th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
There's no such thing as too early for that! LOL Of course, I did it constantly with my son and had a HUGE amount of stretch marks anyway.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
January 26th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I never did it with DD, and I didn't get any stretch marks worth mentioning. About 2 weeks before I had her I saw a tiny one starting in the middle of my stomach, but I had her before it turned into anything big. I will slather it on this time.
January 26th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I slathered throughout my last pregnancy, was sure I was in the clear, but in the last threeish weeks, I got em bad.
January 26th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I really think the lotions and creams work more for itching and the dry skin that can come with stretch marks. I have always been told that it's genetic, your body type, etc. I've never had kids, but I have stretch marks. They are practically white because I always oil with some vitamin E oil stuff, but I still get them from losing and gaining weight, working out, etc. It's VERY genetic in my family.

My only problem has been that my bbs are growing rapidly and the stretch marks are showing up on the sides. I never had stretch marks on my bbs before so it makes me sad when I look in the mirror. Boyfriend doesn't care because all he sees is my growing ta-tas.

January 26th, 2011, 06:31 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I don't because there is nothing you can do to keep from getting them. But I use vitamin E lotion and other stuff to keep the itchiness away.
January 26th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto what the others said. I start using it mid pregnancy to help with the itchiness. First pg I didn't get a single stretch mark. Second I got a TON. And I used all kind of creams. With the second I felt a lot more itchy so the creams did help with that.

January 26th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Super Mommy
I've noticed a few new stretch marks on my breasts. I call them my "tiger boobs" and kind of like it (I was always teased for having the smallest in my family of D+ women)!

You can start treatment any time, since there's no proof they work at all. I have read that staying super-hydrated (by drinking water, not sitting in it) will help, because it will increase the plasticity of the dermis/subdermal fat. The stretchmarks are just the scarring when that fat tears.
January 26th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
I use only to help with the itch. I have loads of stretch marks and I'm sure I'll get even more this time as well. I know it's genetic and all but in my case it doesn't seem that way, no one in my family has any stretch marks what-so-ever and I'm covered! My mom also didn't get morning sickness but I get it bad. I was ripped off!

January 26th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used the shea butter lotion during my 1st pregnancy and never got any stretch marks. This time I got some almond pregnancy body oil online, but I haven't been using it much. It's still too cold and I hate being undressed for even a second these days, even after the shower LOL

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 26th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Kim
it's way to late for me! I'm covered in 'em. I lotioned the entire time with Jenna, but it didn't matter. Like the others said, you'll either get them, or you won't. I basically just put on lotion every morning, just to keep myself from itching, and close to the end I'd have to slather it on twice a day to keep myself from scratching my skin off

January 26th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I should have started in 2003 - LOL

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
January 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojodiva View Post
Ditto what the others said. I start using it mid pregnancy to help with the itchiness. First pg I didn't get a single stretch mark. Second I got a TON. And I used all kind of creams. With the second I felt a lot more itchy so the creams did help with that.
January 26th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I don't worry about stretch marks. If I was going to start, I should have started in 1988.
January 26th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I don't worry about stretch marks. If I was going to start, I should have started in 1988.
that's what I said too - should have started in 2003 - but I like my tiger stripes

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
January 26th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
I haven't started, but I will be using emu oil. I have had three boys and I don't have one stretch mark. I'm crossing my fingers my body can do it one more time. I was 218 pounds with baby #2..... I can't believe how my crazy skin can stretch!

January 26th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
covered, I give up

January 26th, 2011, 02:12 PM
r&lsmama
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgirl05 View Post
I don't because there is nothing you can do to keep from getting them. But I use vitamin E lotion and other stuff to keep the itchiness away.

this! my ob always says that no matter what you buy youll get them, there just a way to "steal your money"
January 26th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I don't think there's much you can do to prevent them (control the itch, yes. but prevent them, no). I didn't use anything and I didn't get any. I just consider myself lucky!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search