Anyone else????

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
find it odd that they can keep down certain foods/drinks and others make you sick at the very sight of them? My M/S is bad even with the Zofran but yet somehow it's ok to eat/drink V8 pomegranate and green tea, bananas, Granny smith apples with salt,Salt and vinegar chips, green olives, heavily salted home fries,salted and smoked almonds,and bacon. Everything else it's like my body hits the brakes and says "NO!!!!!!"
So what is everyone else able to eat/not eat?

January 26th, 2011, 05:33 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too (although I haven't thrown up yet). Smells are getting to me now too.

January 26th, 2011, 06:14 AM
TwoPeasinAPod's Avatar Veteran
Most of the time I can keep nothing down. I can keep water down , although it makes me feel queazy when I drink a lot of it.
I throw up on the side of the road, threw up in my car yesterday..
UGH
This pregnancy IS HARD!
January 26th, 2011, 06:27 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really have this problem this pregnancy. But with my ds, my ob said then this occurs (if the list is kind of small or a majority of things on the list have something in common) it generally means your body is deficient in something. For example, your list has alot of salt, it could indicate that your body is neediing some extra sodium (I am not a dr. or health care professional, just stating what it could mean).

January 26th, 2011, 06:30 AM
TheTruthWillSetUFree
raw nuts w/ a little sea salt
baked potatoes w/ a dab of olive oil
hamburger in a taco shell (no seasoning)
and lemon water

That's my diet right now.
January 26th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm having a huge problem with liquids. Even water. I'll make a cup of tea and can't drink it. The only thing I seem to be able to drink ok is hot chocolate. Weird!
January 26th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybugnbugga View Post
I don't really have this problem this pregnancy. But with my ds, my ob said then this occurs (if the list is kind of small or a majority of things on the list have something in common) it generally means your body is deficient in something. For example, your list has alot of salt, it could indicate that your body is neediing some extra sodium (I am not a dr. or health care professional, just stating what it could mean).
I was thinking the same thing! It seems like your body is in need of salt.

But, I am wondering with all the crud I have been craving, is my body in need of fat? LOL!

As far as my diet. I am only having a hard time with Chicken. Just does NOT sound good. Hang in there, I hope it passes for you soon!

January 26th, 2011, 11:35 AM
bayhay's Avatar Veteran
I think it's strange that I sometimes feel nauseous and hungry at the same time. How is that possible? It generally hits mid morning.

I've been ok with most foods and haven't actually thrown up yet, so I count myself lucky. Getting cereal and juice down is becoming harder. My nurse said I may just need to try dry toast or apples and peanut butter and to stay away from too much liquid in the morning. That might help.
January 26th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Veteran
Every week is different for me. A first I was craving chicken and now it doesn't even sound good. I have been eating bagels wih cream cheese, apples, yogurt, peanut butter and bread. It's really hard for me to eat dinner. I just feel awful by that time of the day. OH and before I was pregnant I would eat egg whites for breakfast and I can't even stand them right now. I'm lucky not to have thrown up, but I get so nauseous sometimes that I feel I am going to at any minute.
January 26th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Racheal 2010's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sick to my tummy all day every day. I just got some zofran today. I can barley think of anything that I want to eat. I seem to crave salty things like potaotes ( baked mashed fried) or any salt substance rather than sweet. I have ben able to eat yogurt though and drink milk.

January 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Veteran
My nausea is just starting to kick in. Blech!
So far, I've been able to eat pretty much anything, but I can feel that changing fast. I literally woke up feeling pukey and that's stayed with me all day. I couldn't eat the soup that I made - had cereal instead.
With DS, I couldn't go near meat of any kind, salads (which I LOVE) or eggs. Once day I sent DH outside to eat his lunch because the smell was going to make me puke. I remember being able to tolerate really bland foods, carbs, fruit, etc.
So, I'm sure I'll be getting really picky fast.

January 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayhay View Post
I think it's strange that I sometimes feel nauseous and hungry at the same time. How is that possible? It generally hits mid morning.

I've been ok with most foods and haven't actually thrown up yet, so I count myself lucky. Getting cereal and juice down is becoming harder. My nurse said I may just need to try dry toast or apples and peanut butter and to stay away from too much liquid in the morning. That might help.
I totally know what you mean- I have a similar experience mid-morning. It's been like that the past few days- I'm starting to feel a little better, a little more awake as the day goes on (darn caffeine withdrawal!) but my stomach seems to be hungry and nauseous at the same time. Nothing really sounds all that good, but I know that eating will make me feel better (for the most part). I seem to do a lot better after lunch... probably because I also know that the day is half done and soon I can go back home lay down!

I just had homemade veggie soup with cheese and crackers the last few meals and it's been awesome. I don't know what it is, but something about it seems to help settle my stomach so that may be my diet for awhile....
January 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
It really varies day to day now. Some days its fast food but others I can be starving but theres nothing in our house I want to eat but soup. I had a freak attack a few days ago because we had no tomato soup and thats what I wanted!

Like right now all Im drinking is Vitamin water, because even though Im hungry I dont want to eat anything we have. DH made hot dogs earlier and offered me one and I nearly gagged.

This is so annoying.
January 26th, 2011, 04:37 PM
AmandaScarlett's Avatar Veteran
I believe that you crave what you're missing!!! I'm a vegetarian, but decided that whatever i'm craving i'll eat, and all i've been craving is meat!

Other than that, it's saltines every morning for breakfast and a latte. All i want is Italian food (which i never ate before) and I can't even smell Chinese food, which was my favorite! Pregnancy does crazy things to you...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search