has anyone not bought a thing yet??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have bought absolutely nothing for new baby. I've only bought some maternity clothes. I'm so used to buying things for Allie that I just buy for her. I forget that there's another little person to shop for But I'm waiting to find out what bean is so I know what we'll need. Besides, my dh is such a tightwad with money lately that I just dont feel like hearing it!

January 26th, 2011, 01:01 PM
CrystalD's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to CrystalD
I haven't bought anything yet, I want to so bad but I am making myself wait until I find out what this little baby is.
January 26th, 2011, 01:14 PM
peace.love.audrey
I haven't bought anything. IMO, it's way too early for that. Also, if I have a girl, I am pretty much set. I will only have to buy stuff if I have a boy.
January 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have bought a couple maternity clothes that were on sale, but nothing baby. I find out feb 21st so I can wait that much longer.

January 26th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Brennaluet's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything yet either. I am starting from scratch (baby #1) and buying baby stuff is a bit ovewhelming, plus unisex clothes usually aren't as cute, IMO. Our baby will be first grandchild on both sides of the family, so I am sure we will be bombarded with cute outfits that will only be usable for a month, and a ton of other baby stuff.

My MIL however started buying baby stuff when we got married in 2006, we even told her we weren't having kids anytime soon... She brought over a bag of cute western clothes that could go either way and some onsies.

January 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Nope, haven't bought one thing yet. I probably won't until after we know the gender either, but honestly? I won't buy much until the very end. I had to return so much stuff after Cora...it just freaks me out. We need a new crib and carseat, but I'm going to get those after we move in June.

January 26th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennaluet View Post
I haven't bought anything yet either. I am starting from scratch (baby #1) and buying baby stuff is a bit ovewhelming, plus unisex clothes usually aren't as cute, IMO. Our baby will be first grandchild on both sides of the family, so I am sure we will be bombarded with cute outfits that will only be usable for a month, and a ton of other baby stuff.

My MIL however started buying baby stuff when we got married in 2006, we even told her we weren't having kids anytime soon... She brought over a bag of cute western clothes that could go either way and some onsies.
If I were you I wouldn't buy much of ANYTHING until after your baby shower!! We were worried because we didn't have anything and AJ ended coming early so he was at the baby shower! We got SO much stuff at our shower it was ridiculous. I got everything I registered for and then some. It was insane. We do have a big family but it was still crazy how much stuff we got.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

January 26th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I won't buy anything until we find out gender.

January 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't either. Fiance wants to buy me a glider here soon though.

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
January 26th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't and I don't think I will be for a while. I have so many friends who have had their lasts and they all want to unload their gear and clothing on me.

Only thing I know I'll need is an Ergo and possibly a breast pump (and everyday stuff like diapers/wipes/bath products). I think I'm going to be set with everything else.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
January 26th, 2011, 08:00 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing. I felt bad b/c I wanted to get baby something for Christmas to go in the stocking but I couldn't think of anything small enough or gender neutral. My mom bought a rattle though.

January 27th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im right there with ya. I wont buy anything till we know the sex of the baby. I look at gender neutral stuff and I hate it...to me everything looks boyish.

January 27th, 2011, 09:45 AM
angel_www23's Avatar Veteran
I haven't bought anything yet either, Im also waiting to find out the sex, before I start buying things.

Althou, yesterday night I was looking at different kinds of strollers online, and sheesh I didnt know there was that many kinds of strollers ..

Where I live its more of a seniors town or well thats what other cities think of the town Im living in right now, so really we dont have a walmart, etc .. Pretty much our big store ( or well that I think of ) that really if I want to buy new is Zellers, and they dont have much of a varie there .. Do you think its safe to purchase things online and than get them delivered or should I go to the nearest city / biggest city and purchase what I need there?!

THANK YOU marriedc for the AMAZING siggy

January 27th, 2011, 09:53 AM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought one Christmas onesie thing on clearance and that was before I found out it was twins... I won't be buying anything until the second trimester. No clothes or anything gender specific until we find out what we are having.

10/1/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search