thinking about strollers

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 09:06 AM
jbrezy's Avatar Jessi
I so regret that I didn't invest money on a good stroller (aka bugaboo, uppa baby, etc) 6 years ago when my daughter was born! I got the graco travel system that is huge, heavy, wide and basically inconvenient... I didnt even use it with my second...

With this baby being my third and last I don't want to spend money buying a fancy stroller... so I was thinking on maybe just using the infant car seat with a snap and go??? Has anybody done that?

I also want to buy a bob revolution for strolling around... Does anybody have a bob? what are your thoughts?

Thank you Tasha_mae for my amazing siggy!

January 26th, 2011, 09:11 AM
mishymama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just bought a stroller b/c I usually just wear Aria Gail, but with my pelvic separation issues, I am struggling. I bought a Maxi Cosi Foray and it so so rocks my socks! Pushes like a dream. I love how low the handlebar goes too, so my kids can easily push and they love that.
January 26th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Super Mommy
We just bought a bob double since mady will only be 18 months when Abby gets here. But I couldn't tell u how great it is yet cause we haven't used it. It won't stop snowing!!! I am SO excited for the weather to warm up so we can walk the mountain we live on!
January 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am intersted to hear what everyone has to say. DD will be 2 when baby boy arrives and I have got to find something that will be best for both kids. We are on the go alot so I need something that is convienent but also not huge in size.

January 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my BOB Revolution! It is the greatest. You have to get the swivel wheel that also locks straight. I only use it for walking (which I do most everyday) but it is not great for using as your everyday stroller (it has a small basket and the stroller is big). I now need to get a double BOB jogger and I will be getting it off Craigslist. I looked at some other brands but the BOB is the only one with the sun canopy that actually keeps the sun out of kids eyes. The canopy is actually my favorite thing about the BOB.

I got a Baby Trend double stroller for everyday use. It can be used as a double stroller and then converted to a sit n stand. I got that off craigslist too and it looks brand new.
January 26th, 2011, 01:01 PM
mi5kidzmom's Avatar Veteran
We are probably going to buy a stokee or orbit, I have went to a couple of stores and really really liked them, so I'm sold :-). I also went the inexpensive route with my older children and ended up regretting it because we bought several, they either fell apart too fast or were way too bulky and/or heavy.

Married to the LOVE OF MY LIFE and SOULMATE!!
Proud SAHM to Ariel 12, Sebastian 11, Paul 5, Bryannah 4, and #5 Maverick on the way!

Last edited by mi5kidzmom; January 26th, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
January 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
beccandrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a phil and teds...it's awesome because I can use it as a single when I only have one child with me or I can attach the extra seat underneath when I need a double.
January 26th, 2011, 04:21 PM
angel_www23's Avatar Veteran
I didnt know there was soooo many strollers to choose from now that Ive been looking online for the past little while.

As its just myself, I need or well I would like something light.

Right now Ive got two kinds of strollers in mind ..

1 - Being A Snugrider Stroller, which Ill have to purchase a car seat aswell, which Ill be doing anyways, but why I like this is because when looking online at pictures, it looks like its super light compared to others .. But what I dislike about this, is that once baby gets bigger, ill have to purchase another stroller.

2 - And than Im looking into the car seat / stroller in one, so that way, when baby gets older, I dont have to purchase another stroller .. But dislike is that it looks a little on the heavy side.

Would you say its safe to purchase a stroller online threw stores and than get them to send it to me or should I go into the store?

THANK YOU marriedc for the AMAZING siggy

January 26th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I have the B.O.B revolution in orange and its spectacular!! Its a dream to push, you can actually push it with one hand, say if like your alone and you need to open a door with one hand and swing the stroller around in the door with the other (lol I have lots of practice with this!!) Its great on hiking trails as well!

However, its just a single stroller, I thought of getting the bugaboo donkey double stroller...in fact it was it was pretty much set in stone until I saw the slimmer Baby Jogger City Select stroller. I am sure that one would fit better in the back of my SUV. I like the icandy pear as well, but it only has adapters for Maxi Cosi and Snugride infant seats and I dont care too much for the set up of the stroller. So I am sure I will probably end up with the Baby Jogger City Select.
January 27th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer13 View Post
I got a Baby Trend double stroller for everyday use. It can be used as a double stroller and then converted to a sit n stand. I got that off craigslist too and it looks brand new.
Did you get the Sonic? I think that is what its called, we were looking at that at BRU, I liked it before the backseat can be used for older toddlers, and it can still have an infant car seat in the front seat. But haven't completely decided on it yet, its hard finding a good double stroller!

Thank you Misfitinmn for my signature!
January 27th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccandrew View Post
We have a phil and teds...it's awesome because I can use it as a single when I only have one child with me or I can attach the extra seat underneath when I need a double.
We also have the Phil and Ted, and have the attachments to convert to a double. I love it! It is so easy to handle, even in snow or sand. It was pretty expensive, but still less than buying a single and then a double a year later.

January 27th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I am the odd man out! I LOVE my Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe. I think it pushes well, turns great, and is super easy to fold up. Sure, it is a little heavy, but I don't mind that since it makes me feel like it is more sturdy.

I do have to look into a double stroller though, so I am going to have do some reasearch on those, although I am leaning towards the sit n stand stroller.

January 27th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogansMomNov09 View Post
Did you get the Sonic? I think that is what its called, we were looking at that at BRU, I liked it before the backseat can be used for older toddlers, and it can still have an infant car seat in the front seat. But haven't completely decided on it yet, its hard finding a good double stroller!
I think it is this one:
BabyTrend.COM - Sit N Stand - Double - SS76047 : Sit N Stand Double - Green Tea
They have a few different ones that are the double stroller that converts to a sit n stand. My mom picked it up last week (I got it off of Craigslist) so I don't have it in my posession yet but I liked that it was both a double and a sit n stand.
January 27th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Happy Mommy
I got a Safety 1st one, that was part of a travel system for this time.
January 27th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
I am still torn on a stroller! i bought a graco travel system for DD2 and loved it most days, we got the bigger infant seat and she used it until 14months... however at 18months i got a pram from a friend and LOVED IT, I love the idea of the travel systems and we used ours alot so we didnt have to wake up DD so Im still researching at this point and not sure which route to go...

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
January 27th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never heard of the Bob Revolution but I do have the snap and go and LOVE IT! SOOOO easy for infants

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search