I fell today then spent 2 hours at the doctor's office (long)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
After I dropped my son off at daycare, I slipped and fell down in the snow. I had continuing cramps for one and a half hours so I went to the doctor. I've also been having on/off cramps in the evening for the last 3 nights. The doctor on call did 2 ultrasounds, an abdominal and a transvaginal. Baby was moving around a lot and looks fine. My cervix length was great and there didn't appear to be any blood. She said it may be too early to see a clot on the U/S. She saw a little dark spot behind the placenta that she said "may" be a clot (she wasn't too concerned though). She was concerned that the placenta may be too close to the cervix. She recommended I move up my anatomy scan to next Friday at the hospital to get a better look at the placenta.

She also tried to find out gender, since I was already getting an u/s. First she was pretty sure it was a girl during the abdominal and then wasn't quite sure if it was a boy during the transvaginal since she couldn't get a good view (DH was so happy she couldn't tell! He wants to be there when we find out). After that, I sat being monitored for contractions, which I luckily wasn't having. When I was leaving she told me no lifting (including DS ) and that I could return to work tomorrow. The good news at the appt? No weight gain in the last 3 weeks This is going to be a really long week and a half until the anatomy scan.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
January 26th, 2011, 10:38 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
I'm sorry that you have had to deal with the crampiness. I sure hope they can figure out what is going on. If DS gets a bit upset with you that you can't pick him up, then I would just let him know that you are not feeling well and you need him to help you and be a good boy. Just make sure that you stick with what the OB says to do.

They also might want to look at the ligaments surrounding the uterus too. I had alot of cramping and pain at 14 weeks with DS2, and come to find out that I pulled the ligaments there during a haircut sale. It essentially put me on bedrest for a week until they healed some, but I continued to have problems with them through the pregnancy.

January 26th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Veteran
Glad everything seems to be ok! Hope you are not too sore!
January 26th, 2011, 11:05 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you didn't get to find out the gender but so glad that everything looks ok and baby seems to be fine. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. Next week will be here before you know it!!!!!!!!

January 26th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Thanks so much ladies. The crampiness is slowly going away... hopefully tomorrow I will feel back to normal.
And about the gender, I still think it is a girl. The machine wasn't great but I could have sworn I saw 3 lines... with DS there was no doubt he was a boy... hmm, we shall see next week

January 26th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Oh well im glad you are feeling better! i hope it continues and time flies for ya!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
January 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
casiecole's Avatar Regular
i am so sorry that you had to go through all this. but im glad things are looking good!

January 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Thanks so much ladies!

January 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything looked ok, hope you won't be in too much pain and can get some good rest tonight.

January 27th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Thanks! The cramps came and went last night but no worse than the previous nights.

January 27th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Well I am glad to hear that everything is ok!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search