Baby Must haves

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are some baby must haves?

What are some must haves that you need?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 28th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Super Mommy
A bouncer seat is a must have! I didn't register for one, because I thought a swing would be enough. But a good friend gave us one anyway because she swore we needed it and she was right! we used the bouncer seat vs. the swing 200:1!!!!
JUST starting to think about TTC#3. It will take a lot of courage and prayers!
January 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
TheTruthWillSetUFree
With my first it was a Bobby pillow for nursing and FP Aquarium bouncer.
2nd ~ FP swing (He was the only one that liked it.)
3rd & 4th loved their FP Papasan seat.
January 28th, 2011, 12:27 PM
TwoPeasinAPod's Avatar Veteran
1. Co-side Sleeper ( I want the babies in the room with us in the first few weeks)
2. Rocking Chair ( for me in the nursery)
3. I love my TV screen Monitor
January 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved my swing and bouncy and I got this diaper caddy as a gift with #3 and I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED it:

January 28th, 2011, 12:42 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my must have with DD was the bouncer although she wasn't crazy about it & that's about it..Everything else was either essentials or she just didn't like it...like her swing & wrap to wear her (she hated those things) but I'm hoping the next baby doesn't so they dont go to waste!

January 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
My must have Item with DD was my boobs.... lol it seemed to be the ONLY thing that would calm her down. I don't know what I would have done if I had to formula feed since you are not supposed to feed them more than every 3-4 hours on formula.
I swear that child was nursing every 30 minutes at first.

So my must have item is a good milk supply.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 28th, 2011, 01:10 PM
jumpinginpuddles's Avatar Super Mommy
Once having more than one child, a baby carrier for me was essential! I have a Baby Bjorn and it was wonderful when I used it with my son. A bouncer is also a must. Some babies take to swings and others don't so that's *sometimes* a must! Haha One more is the Johnny Jump-up. That was great for ds. He'd jump around while I took care of laundry, etc. Those exersaucers don't move as well and both my children wanted to really jump!

My Blog
And always remembering our angel babies: 2002, 2006, and 2008
January 28th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey2000k View Post
My must have Item with DD was my boobs.... lol it seemed to be the ONLY thing that would calm her down. I don't know what I would have done if I had to formula feed since you are not supposed to feed them more than every 3-4 hours on formula.
I swear that child was nursing every 30 minutes at first.
My DD was always on the boob...I was a human pacifier
January 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with PP who a baby carrier! But for me, I would say first baby or not it is a must! Had I known with dd what I know now about them I would have worn her as well and wore her every where! With ds, it made so much stuff easy. Laundry, helping dd with school, cooking, dishes, cleaning (I don't use chemicals so I don't have to worry about baby getting sick from the fumes), everything!

January 28th, 2011, 02:10 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby must haves? Hmm lots of bibs. Lots and lots of 'em. When I was BFing I didn't really use them, but once she started to eat oh man they were handy.

January 28th, 2011, 02:16 PM
*KaraBeth*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Burb cloths - I can never have enough!
Pacifier - I swore up and down that my baby wouldn't need one and I won't use one.. ya, they're so helpful if your baby takes them!
Swing - My son slept in it for 3 weeks because he'd get all choked up laying down flat. He likes it better then the bouncer now.
Alot of things I thought I had to have I found I didn't really need. I do wish I'd have gotten something to wear him on me.. that would have helped alot!

January 28th, 2011, 03:29 PM
*~Lulu'sMommy~*'s Avatar Lexi's Mommy!
with DD it was a bouncer seat... she couldnt sleep laying down due severe acid reflux and sleep apnea ... she alway slept in that thing until she was probably 3 months! And a "nu-nu" and "kiki" (her blanket) she is still attached to thoes things... we are working on the paci... but i will never take her kiki away (i still have mine that i sleep with every night) My SO thinks im crazy and hates that she sleeps with hers... we dont carry it around or take it to the store or anything just to bed... same with her nu-nu right now only at bed or naptime.

January 28th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Both of my kids loved their binks, so I would say that was a must have! Also...their bouncy seat. They both preferred sleeping in that when they were little.
January 28th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by naresmen View Post
with DD it was a bouncer seat... she couldnt sleep laying down due severe acid reflux and sleep apnea ... she alway slept in that thing until she was probably 3 months! And a "nu-nu" and "kiki" (her blanket) she is still attached to thoes things... we are working on the paci... but i will never take her kiki away (i still have mine that i sleep with every night) My SO thinks im crazy and hates that she sleeps with hers... we dont carry it around or take it to the store or anything just to bed... same with her nu-nu right now only at bed or naptime.
OMG I had a "kiki" too. Same name! I took it to college with me....
January 28th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A must have for me with my son was a bouncy seat/chair. I could put him outside my shower so I could have him near, sitting in or near the kitchen when I cooked, move him room to room with me when I cleaned. It was a life saver some days. LOL!

With this baby I need a swing. I borrowed my sister's when my son was born and I have since given it back. So, that's a need for me this time.

January 28th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't say I really have must haves as this is my 1st and I have no idea what half of this stuff is. All I really "want" is non-pastel colors.
As for needs...well I need it all!!!!

January 29th, 2011, 12:36 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My must haves:

-Boppy pillow. We STILL use it. Love it.
-Bumbo seat
-Ergo and Baby Ktan carriers. Yes I used them both a ton and couldn't do without either one. You never know...you baby may HATE stollers like mine did.
-Mesh feeders. Key for babies starting solids. Keeps them busy and lets them experiment with less mess.
-Medela Pump in Stlye Advanced.
-Aden and Anais muslin blankets Soooo much better than the standard swaddle blankets. They are large, thin (you can see through them), and have a bit of stretch. My daughter with them to sleep every night. They are so thin that I don't worry about smothering.

I really don't need anything for this baby. Maybe just some newborn essentials we're out of and a crib. If I have a boy, we'll need all new clothes.

January 29th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
A wraparound sling, a really good breast pump, a carseat, and sleep.

What do I need? I need a new pump as mine is now 9 years old and some parts have started wearing out. I totaled my van when DS3 was 11 months old. So insurance was paying for a new carseat. We got a really nice ERF one. Then we had to get rid of our really good infant one. So I'll need an infant carseat. After that, if I end up with a girl, I'll need clothes. Everything else is just extra.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search