What bottles..

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Veteran
will you be using? I'm pretty sure this has been talked about but my pregnancy brain is shot right now!

I used Dr. Brown with DD and loved it but they are a pain to clean!! And for some reason, I want to try another brand but not sure. I want to try the drop-ins but I know that can be pricey.

What's the best bottle you can recommend especially for breastfeeding?? Thanks ladies!

January 28th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Destiny
I'm probably just going to use my boobs...
I ended up going straight to cups with Eliana, it'll probably be similar this time around, I have one bottle for "just in case" situations. I'm pretty sure it's gerber brand, it works for me.
I used the drop-ins with my siblings (my mom was pumping and working) and they worked nicely. I don't remember much about them though.

January 28th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathing for two View Post
I'm probably just going to use my boobs...
I ended up going straight to cups with Eliana, it'll probably be similar this time around, I have one bottle for "just in case" situations. I'm pretty sure it's gerber brand, it works for me.
I used the drop-ins with my siblings (my mom was pumping and working) and they worked nicely. I don't remember much about them though.
Thanks!!!

I would love to use only the boobs but I had a hard time actually breastfeeding last time (DD couldn't latch on right and milk wasn't really coming in) and this time I'm going to pump hopefully and use a bottle especially since I'll be having to go back to work full-time.

January 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyness View Post
Thanks!!!

I would love to use only the boobs but I had a hard time actually breastfeeding last time (DD couldn't latch on right and milk wasn't really coming in) and this time I'm going to pump hopefully and use a bottle especially since I'll be having to go back to work full-time.
I wouldn't feel bad about it, we're all in different situations. You're doing great, and giving your baby what they need. I get to be a SAHM, so I rarely have to pump, I don't know if I could do it if I had to go back to work. My mom worked full time and pumped for her babies, so I understand your situation.

January 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM
MossyGirl's Avatar Pregnant with #1
My plan is to breastfeed, but will be using Tommee Tippee bottles for breastmilk and/or formula. I have read really good things about them online and one of my friends is using them now...not to mention my mom randomly bought me the Tommee Tippee bottle sterilizer!! LOL!

January 28th, 2011, 12:28 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
I've used the Playtex Drop Ins. I absolutely love using the drop ins.

January 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Super Mommy
I used Dr. Brown. Great bottle, huge pain to clean! I plan to use the same brand again this time around.

I pumped for my son when I went back to work (ended up pumping full time at that point, since he refused to nurse) and pumped for 6 months (I think? its been 2 yrs since he was born, I can't remember). I'd like to pump directly into a bottle this time, and just put a cap on it, but I used bags last time. I have not really looked into it this time around, still have plenty of time to look into it!

Thank you Misfitinmn for my signature!
January 28th, 2011, 12:56 PM
honeybee82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used the Playtex Drop In and LOVED them...super easy clean up and they worked great with transition from boob to bottle.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!

January 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Jasonswife99's Avatar Super Mommy
I have heard good things about Tommy Tippee and The Playtex Drop Ins.
I am planning on purchasing only a few bottles to start. You never know what bottles your baby will prefer.

Forever missing our angels...
April 25, 2010 & January 4, 2010
January 28th, 2011, 02:16 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
I used the drop-ins with Haydon. This time though I'm hoping to just use the boobs, lol. But, I am going to look for a good bottle that is less likely to cause nipple confusion, should there ever be situation where the baby will need to take a bottle.

Check this one out I just found!
MimiJumi Bottle
January 28th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
One thing I would suggest is to not invest heavily in any one brand of bottles. Many babies (mine included) refuse certain bottles and nipples. Around 5 months old, my daughter refused any and all bottles. She was the same way with sippy cups. We spent so much money on both bottles and sippys to find one she would like.

January 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I <3 Playtex Drop-Ins. I used/use them with my son and will use them with this baby as well.
January 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM
mommabirdof4
No bottles here...just the boobs.

But if I were going to use bottles I would use the kind I used with my son. I used the born free glass bottles...I LOVED them!!!!
January 28th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Super Mommy
I breastfed my son in the beginning but we used the Born Free bottles when we needed to use a bottle. They are great! I used Dr. Brown with my daughter but I HATED cleaning them. If you use the Born Free ones the nipple never collapses and he had no problem going from bottle to breast and vice versa. My mom bought me an Advent one and he likes that one too. No nipple collapsing on that one either. If you decide on Born Free I suggest getting them from Amazin as opposed to buying in a store. They're so much cheaper on Amazon!
January 28th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Veteran
I used Born Free with my son and plan to use them again... I breastfed as well but will switch to bottles or do both at some point... I really liked them but if for some reason this one doesn't like them then we will go to plan B ... haha

January 28th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used Platex Drop ins when I needed bottles, but I also fed from the breast 50% of the time so it cut down on the cost. I did like that the breast milk could be stored in them. It was pretty convenient. Eventually my son went to Avent ones.

January 28th, 2011, 05:44 PM
meggers's Avatar Veteran
I used the Playtex drop-ins with DS. I will probably use them again with this one. DS seemed to do great switching between these bottles and the breast. I also liked that I could use the bags that I used to freeze my milk in the bottles.
January 28th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I've heard the Avent ones are pretty good for switching from breast to bottle. So I'll probably go with those for when I pump.

January 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
If I dont end up BF exclusively I will go with the (Pink!) Tommee Tippee or the Weil baby bottles.
January 29th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Veteran
I used the medela brand. No nipple confusion here.

Jace Clayton 6.29.11
Jacoby Joseph 7.6.09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search