Anyone else hoping for a VBAC?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Mrs. AC's Avatar Super Mommy
With my 1st dd I had to have a c-section b/c she was feet first so she was breech. I'd LOVE to have a natural birth this time around, but I'm so scared when I think about the complications that could happen!!! Has anyone gone though this or going through this? Anyone have any facts about VBAC?

January 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Check out ICAN-online.org and the VBAC board here.

I'm going for a VBA2C and an all natural birth. I'm not scared. The chance of rupture is so slim but the doctors like to freak you out into another section because it's easier on them. With each additional C Section the rate of maternal death and infection increases, so no thank you to a 3rd section for me.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
January 28th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My doctor actually brought it up at my postpartum check with my daughter...she said I would be an excellent candidate for a VBAC. My c/s was all due to DD's positioning so I am really hoping for my natural birth this time around, but I know I can deal with whatever happens.
January 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Me! It is scary to think about but I know it is much better than having a csection. All the information on it is really overwhelming. I know I need to be my own advocate on it though. Once I have my u/s and get good news I really need to start reading up on having one.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 28th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love to try but am also scared of the risks. I started googling my dr and the word "vbac" to see if he is vbac friendly. I found a malpractice case that went to the supreme court over a patient he allowed to vbac and she ruptured. The baby died 13 later after extreme brain damage. She was induced with Pitocin and I know that's a no-no, but the thought terrified me. I really really want a vaginal birth but I haven't decided if it's worth the risk.
January 28th, 2011, 04:52 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
The risk of rupture is like 1%, the risks of a c-section totally outweigh it. As long as you're a good candidate your uterus is healthy, etc etc.
January 29th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Mrs. AC's Avatar Super Mommy
Good to know I'm not the only one considering it. Hopefully it will work out for all of us in the way we'd like it to. It's definitely not an easy decision!!!

January 29th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say, Good luck ladies! Hope the VBAC works out for you
January 29th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Timberlyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Timberlyn Send a message via MSN to Timberlyn Send a message via Yahoo to Timberlyn
VBACs are a very natural way to go if anything I suggest you at least try & if you don't feel comfortable during the labor or even delivery about it most doctors are very willing to let you change your mind & have a c-section instead...

I have had both vaginal deliveries but I am a strong advicate on encouraging women to at least to try a vaginal delivery so much more can go wrong with having multiple c-sections (since it is a major surgery) and it also wears down the uterine wall which can making having more children difficult...

At least look up all you can about it & talk with your doctor... And CONGRATS to all that are wanting to attempt a VBAC & all considering...

Timberlyn loving wife to Tommy (since June 22nd, 2006)
Proud Mommy to Aedan Thomas (June 14th, 2007), Gage Lawrence (August 23rd, 2008) & Callum Michael (September 18th, 2011)
Missing her Angel Judith Aleigh (since September 19th, 2007) & BabyD (since August 26th, 2010)
January 29th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Me!! I had a VBA2C with my last baby using Hypnobabies. I TOTALLY recommend it if you're going for a natural birth. So, this time I'm going for a VBAVBA2C, using Hypnobabies again, and I going to do a homebirth. I'm so excited, I'm really looking forward to labor. I know, it sounds crazy. But it was such an amazing experience for me. I want to do it again, and do it even better! LOL

I am completely, and totally open to having a cesarean if it comes to it. But I will avoid everything that could lead to it, and exhaust every other option first.

Oh, and if any of you have questions, I'll be happy to answer any.

Hahaha! Oops! Sorry everyone. I'm totally on the wrong forum.
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

Last edited by WendyBird; January 29th, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search