Coming out of lurkdom to join in the fun!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Linz L-I's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Carolina girl relocated to the Philly 'burbs (for now)
Hi all! I am nervously joining you because this is a surprise pregnancy (to say the least) and I'm still a little shocked to be here. My name is Lindsey and my partner Ryan and I have an 18 month old daughter. He has two boys from his first marriage (who are now 6 and 7), so this will be my 2nd and his 4th! We haven't told anyone yet because we found out we were expecting the same day he lost his job, so until we're more financially stable it's a secret (my mom will worry herself to death over it, so it's best if she knows once we are doing better). He's had several job interviews just this week, so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to start telling people soon! In the meantime, I have you ladies to share in the excitement with! I think I'm due the end of Sept, but again, as this is a complete surprise I'm not entirely sure. Based on my last period, I am thinking I'm due about Sept. 27th.

Anyway, that was my long rambling intro, but I'm very happy to be here and excited to get to know all of you!

January 28th, 2011, 08:49 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Welcome and congratulations! I think there are a number of ladies myself included who aren't telling just yet . Looking forward to getting to know you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 28th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks, Jessi! When are you planning on telling? I'm going to try to wait until the end of March, but I have a big mouth so we'll see

January 28th, 2011, 09:01 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I want to tell everyone right now . But given my history DH wants to wait until 20 weeks LOL. I don't know if I will wait that long but hopefully we can hold out till March or so.
I love your siggie btw.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 28th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I can understand that. My best friend is expecting right now and she actually waited until 20 weeks and announced to everyone that not only was she pregnant, she was having a boy! Her family was SO shocked that she held it in that long

Thanks for complimenting my siggy! I was just thinking I need a new one because those pictures are super old. I think she was 7 months there. lol

January 28th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Timberlyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Timberlyn Send a message via MSN to Timberlyn Send a message via Yahoo to Timberlyn
Welcome I mostly hang out on Siggies R Us Board more then anything... But I am attemting to get into multi board interacting all over again...

My name is Timberlyn, DH is Tommy, & I'm a Mommy to Aedan (6/14/1007) & Gage (8/23/2008) & my newest little SweetPea edd September 21st...

Timberlyn loving wife to Tommy (since June 22nd, 2006)
Proud Mommy to Aedan Thomas (June 14th, 2007), Gage Lawrence (August 23rd, 2008) & Callum Michael (September 18th, 2011)
Missing her Angel Judith Aleigh (since September 19th, 2007) & BabyD (since August 26th, 2010)
January 29th, 2011, 02:59 AM
mom2moose
Welcome and Congrats!!! I have a big mouth, so have already told everybody I know!! LOL (My hubby was worse. I think he was telling complete strangers. LOL). Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!!!
January 29th, 2011, 05:03 AM
jumpinginpuddles's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome and what a happy surprise! We haven't told family yet either. I have a history of early miscarriages so we're waiting until the 12 week mark (so, about 3 more weeks!) before we tell. I also would like to have already been to the doctor, had an u/s, etc before sharing; this should happen in the next week or two. Our children know and a few friends, but that's it.

Again, welcome (AND I hope your guy finds a great job soon!)

My Blog
And always remembering our angel babies: 2002, 2006, and 2008
January 29th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
welcome and on your surprise!!!

I am Catherine, married to Kyle, and we have a 23 month old Bradley. I LOVE your siggy, your daughter has such a big beautiful smile . We only have told my mom, dad, and my brothers, and my JM friends know. Thats it. We plan on a waiting a bit too....

that your SO finds a job soon. How stressful !

January 29th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, girls! And congrats to all of you, too! Here's hoping we all have a blissfully happy and healthy 9 months together.

January 29th, 2011, 08:12 AM
*~Lulu'sMommy~*'s Avatar Lexi's Mommy!
Congrats and Welcome!! I have told only my close family and a friend.... i want to wait unitl my DD 2nd birthday on March 11th to tell everyone else I should be somewhere around 14 weeks. I cant wait!

January 29th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! I just joined this board recently too. I hope Ryan finds a job soon! We aren't telling barely anyone either yet. I told my mom and best friend. I hope to wait until the end of March for everyone else, but it is hard to do!
January 29th, 2011, 08:25 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Congrats! good luck on the job thing!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 29th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome!

January 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Mum2LGandC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and Welcome!!

We have only told our parents at this point. We will be waiting to tell everyone else until after the 12 week mark.

January 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to momwithsmiles
Congrats and Welcome

January 29th, 2011, 01:24 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats!!

January 29th, 2011, 05:06 PM
TheTruthWillSetUFree
Welcome &

I LOVE your avatar! I'm a Sign Language Interpreter/Transliterator!
Your DD has a beautiful name!

Last edited by TheTruthWillSetUFree; February 3rd, 2011 at 04:56 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search