Spent the morning in the ER

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Because yet again I couldn't pee!!! Spent 3 hours at home trying to, it just wasn't happening and it became so painful I couldn't stand to walk or sit or move. They drained my bladder, it was extremely full. Then ran a gob of tests which all came back fine. No infection, no prolapsed bladder, baby is not sitting on it, kidneys are fine. He finally told me he just didn't know what could be causing it. Not the way it's happening at least, if it was constant everyday or I had pain when I went or something like that he said it would probaby be easier to figure out but since it's not he doesn't know. He said just not to let my bladder get full, the only time I seem to have the trouble is after a night of sleeping where I don't get up and go in the night. If I go 2-3 times a night I seem to be able to go in the AM.

He did give a prescription for something to control bladder spasms, that's all he could offer me but honestly I'm not interested in filling something on the 'chance' it might work. I'll talk to the OB first and see if he thinks that's something I should consider. So frusterating!! I asked him what to do if it happens again and he said just to come back and get it drained again, that's all they could really do. So I guess I'll just hope that I don't need to do that again and call the OB nurse back on Monday and try to get her to get me an appt sooner. In the meantime I am so so so sore from the cath and the exams to check where my bladder was... and now it does hurt to pee.

Facebook
January 29th, 2011, 10:32 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you don't get cystitis from all the prodding around and iritation. Do you like cranberry juice? If so, drink that for the next couple of days to help prevent it.

And I have some other advice, via an ancedote, that I hope might help you:

When I was a young teenager, my friend started having epileptic fits. Obviously, the hospital did all kinds of barrages of tests including the most basic that involved taking a urine sample. So the nursr hands her a pot and asks her to provide a sample. My friend (as I said, we were young teens) was absolutely mortified and as a result her bladder kinda just clamped shut, she could NOT go however long she sat there. The nurse eventually got impatient and from the way my frend explained it to me afterwards, they manually got a sample by using cotton wool dipped in warm water to... well, have you ever seen kittens or puppies be toileted by their mothers? THeir mothers lick the area to stimulate the bladder to release. I think they used the cotton wool much like a mother cat would stimulate her kittens. It really did work and my friend was shocked over the lack of control she had!

I find that I sometimes have trouble going if I hold on for a long time, but it really helps to concentrate on opening your pelvic floor and I've resorted to the nurses' trick before with success. Give it a try if you're stuck again - it can't hurt and hopefully will save you the time, effort and money of ER trips!

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping
January 29th, 2011, 11:01 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is just awful that you had to go through that. I'm sorry!

January 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds aweful! I hope this doesn't stay a chronic problem through your whole pregnancy. Maybe once baby gets bigger it will put more pressure on your bladder and force you to get up to go more frequently in the night. I wonder why that is happening. Maybe you have a stone far up or blockage or something. Did they do a kindey ultrasound? They probably don't want you to get a CT scan since you're preg, but an ultrasound might be helpful.

January 29th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Awful! That sounds like such a pain to deal with. I really hope someone can figure out what is going on to give you some better advice as to what to do. The emergency room is NOT a fun place to go.

January 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How horrible I hope it doesn't continue to be a problem.

January 29th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my! I'm sorry that's happening to you. I wonder what is causing it? I hope it doesn't happen again for you.
January 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
TheTruthWillSetUFree
That sounds AWFUL! You poor thing!
I hope they find a cause and can get it cleared up ASAP.
January 29th, 2011, 07:15 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So sorry you had to go to the ER. Hope it doesn't happen again. Hopefully your OB will have some ideas for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search