threatened miscarriage

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2011, 09:12 AM
katchi's Avatar Super Mommy
I am praying!

February 5th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Saturday, 6 weeks 3 days. We made it this far.

However, I have been using the progesterone cream and my temps are still barely high, so without it I feel sure they would be below the cover line now. That's not good.

I am also still not spotting or bleeding yet, but my tummy feels....weird. Familiar weird, if that makes sense! I remember all too keenly our losses in '09, and this has that odd feeling interspersed with twinges and mild cramps all day that our second loss (the early mc) had for days. I remember feeling like someone was flossing my bellybutton at one point.

I have been praying, while feeling oddly numb as I am already grieving this baby, that God would be merciful, change His mind, and make this one live and stick. Maybe even inspire life back into my baby and bring it to term. I know He could if He chose.

The only thing I can say right now, ladies, is that my faith in God is not shaken. I don't know if some of you can relate or might appreciate reading this, and I hope nobody is offended. I am a Christian and I KNOW my God. He is good. This does not change His goodness, His faithfulness to me. There is a verse at the end of Job that I hold to in the last year: Though He may slay me, yet I will trust Him. I never used to be able to say that with honesty before our previous losses, and I know I am not fully honest in my heart when I say it now, but I mean it with all my ability. I give God glory for His mercy, His compassion, His presence with me, His provision in giving me my husband to cling to and hide in, my mother-in-law who I have known most of my life and trust well even though my own mum is in the UK and can't be with me. The finances to make it through this without being crushed in that way. The life of this world may crush and devastate me, but I am slowly learning how to seek my hope in Christ, the God of heaven, and to look past this life and pour it out at His feet in times when I am acutely aware of my pain.
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, the Bible
February 5th, 2011, 07:22 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I hope that things turn out fine and you don't miscarry....I'll keep you in my prayers.

February 5th, 2011, 07:24 AM
nyc_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am praying that everything turns out all right for you. Please keep us updated- I'm hoping for the best for you!

February 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
UPDATE: Sunday, 6wks 4d.

Made it this far! Yesterday had light tan-color spotting all day, enough to wear a liner but not enough to fill it. Hoping that's all the spotting we see.

Abdomen feels like a taut water balloon. It's actually even pushed out a little in the last few days. No cramping in a squeeze-release type of way, but feels very...full, tight, sometimes twinges in places. Praying that this is all symptomatic of a growing, healthy baby.

Progesterone blood test tomorrow. Don't know what this will tell us, but hoping it might prove good, or at least fixable. Am now taking vitex as well as using progesterone cream. Morning temps are higher than 4 days ago, but still not as high as I hoped they would be. Not going to have an ultrasound unless I still haven't miscarried in another week or so.

Still have all other normal pg symptoms. Tiredness, thirst, frequent urination, sore bbs. Again, hoping these bode well, as I continued to have symptoms with previous 2 losses right up until the end.
February 6th, 2011, 02:40 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. ((Hugs))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

February 6th, 2011, 03:07 PM
aka Steph
Every day is a success! So YAY FOR SUNDAY!

Wifey to Adam. Mama to Danica, Liam and Stepmama to Lilith

February 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
Every day is a success! So YAY FOR SUNDAY!
exactly! will continue to give you T&P!

*thank you*Kiliki*

February 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Im praying for you, and I love what you wrote its so true. I go through my battles worrying about if/when I do get pg again since I already had 2 losses last year, but I must keep my faith and know he is in control.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
February 7th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Monday morning, 5.30am. Still no spotting or bleeding, same tightness in abdomen rather than cramping and my tummy seems larger than it did 4-5 days ago. I am starting to need to urinate less frequently than before.

My temps have been in a steady decline despite best efforts. Friday through this morning (Monday) they are:

I am torn between thinking we are merely delaying the inevitable and I should give up, and thinking that there is still a viable baby I want to save in spite of what seems might be my hormone deficiency.
February 7th, 2011, 04:49 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Is there any way they would do a sonogram? I mean, at this point (you are in the 6 week-range, right?) they should see a heartbeat and if not yet, at least a sack and fetal pole. I would think that it would be better to know where to go. I don't know how you are staying sane!! I would be nuts by now with all that waiting. I would ask if they are willing to see what is going on. Or at least draw a beta with progesterone too. That should tell you where you stand in both respects. I really, really hope everything works out okay. I know how it feels to be "waiting for the end."
February 7th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I haven't seen an OB for this pregnancy at this point, so ultrasounds right now are out. I admit, though, that I have thought about it, and am kinda wishing we could just do one today... Not possible to get scheduled in so quickly though. Honey and I did agree that we would wait and see how this week goes. If I've not lost baby by the end of this week and am starting my 8th week of pregnancy (Thursday), then we might think about ordering a sonogram somewhere.

I do feel like I'm going nuts! I work part time, mornings, and my order only just came in (6.50 AM, West coast) to my email for printing. The blood test order, that is. But we don't have a printer at home so I will have to go to either the in-laws house (if they're even awake) or the family store to print before heading to LabCorp. Before the order finally came in 3 minutes ago, I was thinking I don't even want to go to work today, which my husband thinks is silly. But work for a lot of people seems to provide distraction, and with something as emotionally bound up as this is it won't provide any relief for me at all! Getting through Friday last week was so tough. Now we have the order, I am probably going to tell work I'm coming in an hour or so late, so I can get the blood drawn first. Honey still thinks I should just wait to do that this afternoon, but he's understanding at the same time.
February 7th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I dont know what you will choose to do, but if it were me I would get the blood work done first, tell work I will be late or even call in sick and stay home and relax. I went through 2 losses last year and for me I couldnt get mind straight enough to do anything, im in school and had to ask them to let me make up homework so I wouldnt fail my classes, luckly I didnt fail any of them and even had good grades, but it was still hard, all I wanted to do was pray and think about it all. But anyways, I would get it done this morning so that way you will have the results quicker, is there a chance an OB will give you progesterone pills? Still prayng for you!

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
February 7th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If my results show low progesterone, my midwife works with a couple of people who can likely prescribe me something if she and they think it would help, without my having to go do it again with an OB. Hoping against hope, praying, that this baby will live and all I need is just some prescription I could get in a couple of days, and then we'll be fine.

that's what I've decided to do. It's almost 8 now and I'm going straight to LabCorp to get blood test done. I want results asap. I've told work I'll be an hour or two late, hopefully I'll be calmer after getting this done and I will be able to cover reception during lunches for 3 hours and not lose my full day.

Thanks for all the prayers! Needing it, for sure!
February 7th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Super Mommy
Keep trusting in God, and whatever happens He is with you and will work all things together for the good. I hope that doesn't sound like a pat answer. It's just that i know you need to believe that right now, but it's very hard when you are going through it.
Praying for this baby and for you. Keep us posted!
Pregnant with #3!
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

February 7th, 2011, 08:19 AM
SaucyBoss's Avatar Veteran
I'm anxious to see how today goes for you! I'm very hopeful for you!

TTC #3 since Sept. 2009
BFP February 4, 2011!
EDD October 9, 2011

February 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, chica. I always appreciate those reminders!
February 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM
zgojr's Avatar Veteran
Hope you are doing well and continue to!

Tags
low progesterone , miscarriage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search