threatened miscarriage

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My progesterone is dropping, as evident from my dropping temperatures in the last 3 days. This morning I was barely hovering over the coverline, at 97.0. On Monday and the 3 weeks before that I was around 98.1.

Today I am 6 weeks 1 day pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy and I feel sick thinking that I might lose this one, too. I've been on the verge of tears most of the day.

I'm in contact with a good local midwife. Just spoke to her this afternoon and she suggested I might try using some progesterone cream again to bump up my levels a bit, because if the baby is viable then that might be all that's needed. She's seen low progesterone level pregnancies carried to term. Beyond that, it's too early to really do anything, so I just have to wait...

Would love and appreciate prayers! I don't even want to think about 'what if' this baby doesn't live.
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, the Bible
February 3rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Veteran
Thoughts, prayers and sticky dust your way!!!!

February 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I hate that term, threatened miscarriage...I had it in my last pregnancy...About progesterone, can your midwife not prescribe you some pills or suppositories? I hope that everything turns out fine and you carry to term...I will say a prayer for you.

February 3rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you will be in my thoughts hun. i am so sorry you have to go through this

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
February 3rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. The support helps.
February 3rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
I hope everything turns out okay!! T&P your way hun!!
February 3rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Praying for you, get the progesterone cream or see if she will give the pills. Try to rest today and take it easy.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
February 3rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am so shocked they did not put you on progesterone pills or suppositories. They can't hurt, so I would ask about them. I don't have documented low progesterone and I am still on them as a precaution.
February 3rd, 2011, 04:08 PM
Regular
That's terrible! I really hope that it all works out for you. I had a friend with a progesterone problem and I remember that she had to get shots for it.
February 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Super Mommy
Im sorry I hope you can get some pills. HUGS

Thank you Katie-shortcake for the siggy!

February 3rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope everything is okay.

My Ovulation Chart

February 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Veteran
My prayers are with you!
February 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Your in my thoughts and prayers!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

February 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for this stress you are going through! I know I would be anxious and sad in your position too- so don't feel bad that you have to cry or not function so well right now.

I am on progesterone cream- I started it on my own b/c my cycles were so short and I was worried. I will stay on it until the second trimester. From what I read, some consider it better than pills or suppositories because it's easier on your liver. But take whatever your midwife will give you!

Keep us updated...
Pregnant with #3!
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

February 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
MissingJoshua's Avatar Super Mommy
Praying for you hun...

Joshua mommy MISSES and LOVE you so much!!..Sunrise 2-22-05 Sunset 11-19-10...

Joshua's Youtube Video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uLE93S1tXc
February 3rd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry. I really hope Things turn out all right with you! T&P

Thanks to tasha_mae for making my siggy!
February 3rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope everything turns out ok for you.
February 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Mbeth
My prog is really low too and I'm on the pills which is working great! Ask about them!
February 4th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I talked about it last night, which was really helpful. I was trying to hold back because I'm trying not to overload him with this but I just needed to talk to my best friend. He was great. This is hard on him, too, but I think we both benefited from the chat.

We decided to wait out the weekend and see how we do with the progesterone cream. It is over the counter stuff, so not prescription strength, no. 88mg in a 1tsp, which is one daily dose that you split morning and evening. I might use a little more than one dose per day, though.

I am also taking a herb blend called Antai Wan. Chinese herbology. In Sept 2010 I saw an acupuncturist-herbalist who gave me this little bottle of pills to take in case of threatened miscarriage. "Threatened abortion" is the proper medical term but I just don't like that! These pills are 7 tiny things 3 times a day, taken "for abdominal ache and uneasiness during pregnancy", and she told me that if I started having any signs of loss like before then to take them. The herbal properties this blend is supposed to produce include:
analeptic -- relax uterine contraction
antispasmodic, analgesic
nourishing gastric organs, contributory to the promotion of blood circulation

So if we get through the weekend without spotting/bleeding, bad cramping, temps still dropping (I was up at 98.4 this am after using the cream before bed!), or any of the other obvious signs of miscarriage we've had in the past, then we might go ahead and order some blood work done. If we do lose this baby, we will definitely be doing some blood work and trying to find out why.

I feel in emotional limbo. Like of course there's a healthy baby in there, why wouldn't we do everything possible to keep it! But also like maybe we're postponing the inevitable, prolonging the wait until we lose this one, too. The toughest thing right now is physically feeling pregnant, with all symptoms still in play, but wondering how long this is going to last and not being able to change anything.

Tags
low progesterone , miscarriage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search