Vegitarian Cassoulet

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Veteran
I have made this several times, for those that like meat you can do chicken thighs in the pot with oil cook and brown the thighs i use 4 then remove them and add the veg following the recipe while the veggies are cooking remove the skin an bones and then cut up the thighs into small pieces toss the chicken in when you put in the beans ( I added cicken cause my "men" aways say "NO Meeeeeeeat?" lol

I hope you all like it, its very yummy

Vegetarian Cassoulet: 2000s Recipes + Menus : gourmet.com
February 5th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds really yummy! I wish I had some fresh thyme still, I grow cooking herbs but cannot for the life of me keep them alive in pots once I transfer them inside. LOL

Anyway, just showed it to my DH and we want to make it. Good winter dish.
February 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Veteran
it is very good and hearty.. I made it wih dried thyme once and it just wasnt the same. Good still but not as "fresh" tasting.
February 6th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes I only transplant half of my herbs into the garden that way I'll still have fresh in the winter. I didn't do that this year though since I knew we'd be moving a lot, I miss my fresh herbs. Especially Rosemary and Thyme.

Looks like a good recipe!

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
February 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Veteran
I have the most amazing oregeno my mom snuck the seeds over from greece years and years ago it is sooooo good it comes up on its own now every year YAY
February 6th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome about the basil seeds! I can't wait until spring so I can garden again, usually I bring stuff in but with being on bed rest didn't even bother with it this year. I'm also not doing seeds, usually I start seeds around now for planting in the spring, I have this indoor green house thing, basically a big wire rack on wheels with a plastic covering, it's awesome. Plus a very fun thing to do with my daughter. I think we've turned her into a bit of snob with some stuff though, she loves pesto but only really likes my pesto and always tells us that when we buy it in the store.
February 6th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Veteran
Mmmmm love love pesto.. I also make this yummy fresh herb mix for pork, chicken and fish I call it horse drool (LOL) cause thats what i looks like its olive oil garlic basil parsly oregeno and dill put it in the food processor and mix it till it looks like horse drool LOL I also add sea salt then you rub it over your meat and bake it... I do it for salmon alot I stuff it in the fish and then lay thin lemon rounds down YUM name isnt appealing but my horse drool is gooooooooood
February 7th, 2011, 11:14 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds like good comfort food

Tags
feeding the pride , march 11 recipes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search