Kelly and Tiffani's chat thread!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
MossyGirl's Avatar Pregnant with #1
Hey Pal!!

How is Katelyn's room coming along? We finally got Mason's furniture in place and bought a mattress today. Also ordering his bedding today! Can't wait to have everything set up!!

I completely understand not being able to write more often and its all good! I've been the same way lately. Man has it been cold lately or what??? Did you get snow this weekend? We dodged it today luckily!!

Have you started the fun adventure of potty training yet? Hopefully it goes smoothly for both!

Still super jealous of you reading all the time!! How do you find the time and energy?? I need tips!!

Question...any idea how to get rid of middle/upper back pain? I'm in agony here!!

April 6th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Oh were oh were has my little pal gone...oh where oh where can she be??? Hope all is well with you!! xoxo

April 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL sorry...been really busy lately

I am staring at a living room full of toys, lego blocks, etc....that needs to be picked up but I so do not want to! Ugh!

I have been doing some geocaching after work a few times a week, and getting some great exercise since I have been doing forest preserves (while I can this spring) and have done about 1-1 1/2 miles each time going out. By the time I get back to my van I am sooo tired...but feel so great! I am going out for an all day excursion this Friday, just some local caches, not a ton of walking this time since I will be out all day! I have been doing the puzzle caches lately (not actually getting the cache, just solving the puzzle so when i do get in the area I can pick them up). I actually solved a level 5 difficulty (the highest difficulty there is) puzzle by myself....it involved the background page and base 64 decoding...technical stuff. I am very impressed that I solved it (not bragging, but it makes me feel ultra smart..lol).

Ok enough about geocaching!

Hope your back is better now with all the tips others had mentioned! I see the doctor tomorrow for my 24 week checkup and I bet I will get that nasty glucose drink to take home...yuck! Katelyn is a bouncing active girl...I swear she does gymnastics in there!

Sorry to make this short, DH just got home and I feel bad sitting here typing while he is picking up those toys I mentioned about earlier!

April 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hey there!! I missed you!!!

You are so passionate about geocaching!!! Not many people have a hobby that they are that passionate about! I think its amazing!! Congrats on solving the level 5 puzzle!! How long did that take?

My back pain comes and goes...now I'm having issues with my massive boobs sitting on my ribs when I wear an underwire bra. Makes my poor ribs hurt! But I can't find a non-underwire bra that can support these things!

Mason is super active too!! All day everyday...its nuts and wonderful all at the same time! When is your next doctor's appointment? I have our monthly ultrasound Monday morning. I can't wait to see his sweet face again!

My best friend had her little boy on April 1! She was scheduled to be induced on the 4th, but baby Colton wanted to be an April Fool's Day baby! I am going down this weekend to meet the little cutie!

How are your other little ones doing? How's potty training?

Talk to you soon1

April 8th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yah for your friends baby! Every time I see a baby I start really wanting to hold Katelyn!

Haven't started potty-training yet (hard core that is). Decided I prob will wait til summer and do both (if she is ready that is) at the same time.

My doc appt didn't go so well, kind of had me down..lots of tests to do this time around and instead of going in 4 weeks, he wants to see me in 3. I wrote a long blurb about it in the main forum. I think April 28th is my next appt.

Yeah I am pretty passionate about geocaching...its something that not only exercises my body, but my mind too! Went out for the whole day today and nabbed 18...and also hitting number 300 milestone

Other than that not much happening, waiting for DH to get home from work and about to put kiddos to bed!

Hope you have a good weekend and have fun holding that baby!

April 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Aw! I just read your post from the other day. That really stinks but it definitely sounds like its precautionary and your doc doesn't feel like anything is wrong. Hopefully all the tests come back perfect and as a bonus you get more pics of your beautiful little one!

How are you feeling now about what the doc said?

April 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Feeling ok about it, just aggravated that i have to go through all the testing that I thought I wouldn't need this time around. Also frustrates me that their office is the only place where my BP is up. Took it at work the last two days and it was 124/78 and today was 134/75 (I had a sinus headache even!). Definitely not high BP. Oh well...

On a happy note the weather was great today so after working a 9 hour day (second in a row..ugh) I took my son who will be 3 mid May on his first geocaching adventure! He did GREAT! We went to the forest preserve thats a couple miles from our house and walked a total of just over a half mile. He also "found" his first geocache. He doesn't understand what that is all about, but I was so pleased that he minded me by holding my hand and not running away from me at all (we were near a river so that was a concern!). Next year I will probably take him on more trips for caches, and maybe take Sarah on one as well.

Hope all is well with you! When is your next appt? I would think you will be down to 2 week appts soon! I think after this next appt of mine I will be 2 week appts too! Definitely will fly by then!

Just finished reading another book (Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult). Good book, but didn't really like the ending...it was kind of like, now what happened???? and being left hanging..lol. I really like her as an author though and recommend her! Next up is Sue Grafton's book. She has a private detective series and the titles of the books go in alphabetical order (she is up to U now). I am only up to K, not sure the full title but I think it is "K is for Killer."

Ok enough gabbing for now..kids are in bed...I am due for some supper and then off to lay down and get some sleep!

April 22nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Whew! What a week!! My step-kids were in town for Spring Break and I worked all week. Busy busy!!

I love Jodi Picoult! How is that book?

How did your appointments go? Good news I hope!

I had my OB appointment on Wednesday. It went really well...passed my glucose test and everything else checked out perfectly! I am down to 2 week appointments which freaks me out! Only 80 days to go and I feel unprepared and nervous to say the least.

How are your kids doing? Are they excited for Easter?

April 26th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Tiffani!

How was your Easter? Ours was ok....Chris had to work so it was just me and the kids (all of our relatives are at least a few hours away). I gave them an Easter egg hunt in the backyard and they had their first experience with Play-Doh..lol It was nice to actually get them outside since all it has been doing here lately has been raining! UGH!

Jodi Picoult book was good...didn't really like the ending though...kept me wondering what happened next!

Glad you passed your glucose screening! I take mine this Thurs. at my doc appt. I plan on failing it, just a hunch. I had it with Jonathan so nothing new and no biggie. My big worry is the whole EKG thing...makes me wondering why I have changes on it. I thought it was from coughing and bronchitis, but I guess not since I have been healthy for a month and a half and it is still there. I am guessing he will have me see a cardiologist, but not sure. What worries me was my mom at age 46 had a major blockage in her aorta (the biggest vessel and closest to your hear) and had to get it cleaned out. My family has a bad heart history so makes me nervous.

And the contractions have kicked in a lot, just like they did with Sarah, except with her I started at 30 weeks and this time I started at 26 weeks. With her at 34 weeks I was 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so makes me wonder how far I would be at 34 weeks if these contractions keep going like they are. Hoping I don't have to stop work early like I did with her (at 34 weeks). I'm ready to be done with work but have to keep chugging along as best I can for as long as I can!

I think this next OB appt I will be down to 2 weeks as well...time is flying by!

May 2nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
My Easter was good! Hubby and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary that weekend.

How did your glucose test go? I hope you didn't fail...you have too many other things to deal with right now. Any word on whether you will need to see a cardiologist? I'm sending lots of T&P for you and your heart! I'm sure your family history has you very worried, but it will all be ok!

Wow! I can't believe you are having contractions so early! Any thoughts/visions on when Katelyn will be making her grand appearance? Let me know if you see anything about me and Mason! I had a very vivid dream a couple months ago that my doctor scheduled an induction for June 29. He wrote it down plain as day...so that date has been stuck in my head ever since.

Had my 30 week appointment today. My docs are freaking over my hemoglobin levels. I posted on the main board. It's really stressing me out. I'm currently in bead eating a can of spinach for the iron since I can't take iron supplements.

How are your kids? Are they getting excited for Katelyn??

May 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Forgive me, I've been a bad preggo pal! Been super busy, nothing new there..but haven't really posted a lot on here lately.

First off...congrats on your anniversary! May is a busy month for us as May 4th was DH's b-day, May 19th is Jonathan's 3rd b-day, and May 21st is our 6th anniversary! Add in Mother's Day and the fact that DH finished his bachelor's degree and we have tons to celebrate! Our third anniversary was a very special one...we got to take Jonathan home from the hospital that day!

Hope your hemoglobin levels are keeping steady! I don't know much about sickle cell (other than the technical part of what it is), but I have seen how it can give people labels of being drug seeking...I am sure there are some people that would fit in that category, but I have heard it is also really painful in an attack! Glad you have a mild form of it!

Sarah now thinks that every picture of a baby (especially girls) are baby Katelyn. She gets really excited! I still don't think either of them truly understand what it will mean when she is here though!

My last appt went really well...my BP was 124/78....take that DR....I don't have high blood pressure..lol. She is definitely head down and low and the midwife showed how she is laying, head down, butt along the upper left side (where I feel TONS of wiggles), and feet wrapping around to the upper right side. I have an U/S on May 23rd, and hoping the place has 3D capability....it should since it is a brand new hospital built just last year....at least I am assuming it would I am so excited to see her again! My next appt is the day after the U/S, and then I will either have one more appt at 2 weeks or go straight to weekly appts. I actually gained 2 lbs this time...the first gain the whole pregnancy! I am now at negative 14....lol. Both midwife and I feel I will still be at below pre-pregnancy weight when I give birth! And I feel somewhere around July 4th...have had two vivid dreams around 36 1/2-37 weeks and a couple nights ago for 2 nights in a row I woke up in a panic that she is coming early...and you know how things turn out when I think of them! If I get any insight on you and Mason I will let you know!

Ok that is it for now...time to read! Currently reading Breathless by Dean Koontz...so far it's interesting...still wondering how all the characters tie together!

Have a good week!

June 3rd, 2011, 12:49 PM
Oh my gosh!! I have been the worst preggo pal and JM person ever!!! The past 5 weeks have been super crazy busy!! My hubby made chief and has been going thru initiation, we have had company the past 3 weeks, I was sick with bronchitis, it was my birthday and I had my baby shower thrown in there too!! I am just able to come up for air!!

How have you been doing?? I havent had a chance to catch up on the boards!

I hope you are well!! Catch me up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search