Kelly and Tiffani's chat thread!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey there Tiffani! Hope all is well with you today! My migraine went away yesterday morning thank goodness! I was able to take Jonathan and Sarah to a play date after all to make Valentine's hearts. Jonathan really got into it but Sarah is still a little young so she didn't want to sit on my lap but rather run around..lol. I know this is your first pregnancy and you have two step-children. How old are they? I started freaking out on the way home yesterday that in less than 6 months I will have a 3 year 2 month old, a 2 year 1 month old, and a newborn....yikes!!!!

February 6th, 2011, 11:52 AM
MossyGirl's Avatar Pregnant with #1
Man!! Now I know where this headache come from!! I caught the migraine you got rid of!! Thanks Kelly!!! I have had the worst headache EVER since last night!!!

Aww...I think its cute you will have 3 so close together. I bet they will be bffs for life!! I myself am pretty much an only child. I have half brothers and sisters, but they are all at least 10 years older than me. We aren't close at all. It would have been cool to have some younger siblings...although being my mom's only child kinda rocks!!!

My step kids are Ethan (13 years old) and Brody (6 years old). They live in NJ with their mom and are the BEST KIDS EVER!!!!!! We get them for summer, spring break, and we rotate Christmas and Thanksgiving...I wish we got them more! They still don't know we are pregnant!

Are you watching the Super Bowl tonight?

PS Your kids are super cute!!!!!

February 7th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I watched the end of the Superbowl...I really didn't care who won it although back when I was in college I was a huge Packer fan (back when Brett Favre was on the team and they won the Superbowl). I heard lots of updates from my patients today on how they thought the game went, the half-time show, and the commercials..lol

Sorry you caught my migraine, but if yours is gone now then you gave it right back to me..lol. I swear I have never had so many migraines in my life! I am sick of it. Thank goodness I have an appt with my OB on Thursday, maybe there is something they can recommend.

So what do you do for fun? I have a lot of hobbies, reading a ton of books (well as much as I can with having the two kiddos), but my favorite hobby is geocaching. You probably don't know what it is, as many people don't. It is basically a hide and seek game with GPS units. I can explain some more later if you would like to know more about it, but this migraine is killing me so I am gonna cut it short!

Hope you have a good evening! And thanks for the compliment on my kids! I was extremely lucky to be able to get that photo, still not sure how I got it!

February 8th, 2011, 05:23 AM
My headache is gone!! I didn't mean to give it back to you! Hopefully the doc can help...headaches SUCK!!!!!!!!

Funny enough I do know what geocaching is! DH is big into hiking and camping (he's an Eagle Scout) and one day when we were in the park, there were some people geocaching. I think its pretty cool!! What is the most interesting thing you have tracked down?

My favorite thing to do is read also. I haven't been able to recently with my long commute, but I am hoping to get out of this job soon and closer to home so I can enjoy life again!! I'm thinking about buying a Nook or Kindle cause I never make it to the bookstore!!

Are you finding out the sex of this baby? Did you find out with your other two?

Hope your migraine isn't too bad today!!!

February 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Luckily migraine is gone...for now..lol!

So cool that you know about geocaching! My DH, his brother, his dad, and my dad are all eagle scouts! Actually DH's dad is really into scouting still and is very active with the local troop where they live in Pennsylvania.

What I love about geocaching is that it is a time that I have just to myself. Occasionally my DH will go, but he acts more like a chauffeur. When I go by myself I like to go into the forest preserves and look for them. I like the exercise, I have time to think and I can enjoy nature! I am so missing doing it right now but there is too much snow on the ground. My most interesting was probably a series I did where you had to translate the next clue to find the next cache. The clues were written in different languages numbers so you had to translate the foreign language clue correctly to be able to find the next cache in the series. Luckily they had "helper caches" for each stage that were less than 500 ft from the real cache which contained directions on how to translate the numbers! There was a total of 10 different caches so it took a couple of weeks to get all of them with being so busy with work/kids but it was sooo much fun!

I have so far collected caches in 6 states: Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.

What authors do you like? I am a big fan of Stephen King, Janet Evanovich, James Patterson, and Lillian Jackson Braun. Have you read any great books lately? I am always looking for new recommendations!

We have chosen to be on team green this time around! We have one of each, so it doesn;t really matter what this one is. We have stuff for either sex so we should be all set. Only thing I want this time around is a swing for baby. I don't have a date set up for an US but I bet I will get an order for one when I go to my appt on Thursday so I should know soon! Hopefully I can stay strong and not ask what the sex is..lol

Last edited by kelbelle22; February 8th, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
February 11th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Right now I like girlie easy reading books! Love Jane Green and Nickolas Sparks. One of my all time favorite authors was Patricia Cornwell, but lately her books haven't been that great. My mom LOVES James Patterson...she keeps giving me his books, and I keep ignoring them!!

I read a really good book not too long ago called "A thread so thin" by Marie Bostwick. It was really good!!! There are several more that she has written that I want to get my hands on. I also read the whole Twilight series...a couple of them I read in one day!!! (yes...I am a big huge dork!!!!!)

Everyone on team green amazes me!! I don't think I could ever do it whether it was my first or sixth!!!

How was your appointment? Did you get an u/s??

February 11th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Appt went well! Finally heard the heartrate and it was 170 but the midwife had been pushing around quite a bit so thats prob why! She said I can take excedrin migraine now that I am well into second trimester, but I am still a little nervous to do it. I need to research it fast...cause guess what I woke up with.....grrrr

My ultrasounds in the past were a level 2 because I was considered high risk with high blood pressure. I really don't have it, but my doctor thinks I do because the first time I ever went to him it was pretty high...but I knew I was getting a pap smear and the last place I had went to for a pap smear was really bad so I was nervous. So from that time on he has said I have high blood pressure. The midwife said this time I can have the ultrasound in the office, which will be better for me since my doc's office is less than a mile from my work and the other place was 20-30 min away from my work and and 45-50 min from my house. She said they will do it at 20 weeks, which I will be 20 1/2 weeks by the time my next appt is, so my guess is that I will see the doc that day and then schedule the US for that week or the next...so I still have no date..lol. I am glad I am not wanting to find out the sex because I would probably be going to an outside place..lol.

Hope all is well with you! When is your next appt?

February 11th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Research fast!!!! Get those migranes to go far far away!! But I can definitely understand your concern with taking them. I am trying to take as little as possible. Hopefully you find that Excedrine Migrane is a-ok and then hopefully it works for you!!!

It is so hard not to just run to an independent place to find out!! I am usually a pretty impatient person, but waiting to find out the sex has taken me to a whole other level of being impatient!!! My next appointment is Monday, Valentine's Day!!!!! It's for my BIG u/s at the MFM. 3 short days and I will FINALLY know!!!!!!

No peeking at your 20.5 week appointment!!!!!!

February 12th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh duh...I knew your big US was V-day...but my preggo brain forgot! I am thinking boy for you! I had this all typed yesterday but accidentally hit the back button and it all disappeared and I was too lazy to type it all over again so here it is today

I get these premonitions sometimes...sometimes it's good things, but mostly it is negative. I'll give you some examples (this is baby related for some of these, so it's not like I am just going off on some random tangent..lol)

1. Going down the interstate a few years ago I was passed by a white truck and suddenly thought...I wonder what would happen if his tire blew?....now why would I think that right? 5 minutes later...that same truck was on the shoulder of the interstate....with a flat tire.....creepy

2. The earthquake in northern IL last February? Yeah the night before as I was in bed home alone with the kids (DH was traveling that week) I thought to myself what someone was supposed to do in an earthquake. I couldn't remember if you were still supposed to go under a door frame, or if that was not what you were supposed to do. Not that it matters because IL doesn't have that many earthquakes. The next night I was woken up at 4am with a loud crash sound (like a snow plow or car had crashed into the front of our house) and then the bedroom started shaking! It wasn't a bad one...but later found out at work that the epicenter was 13 miles from our house!

3. Probably one of the freakiest.... I work in an outpatient infusion center. We give a lot of chemotherapy and other infusions. We had this one patient with cancer and she would come in twice a week for blood and platelets. One day she came in, in her usual state of health for her and I went to the lab to get the blood while my coworker got her IV in and such. By the time I came back from the lab, she had spiked a fever of 102 degrees. I had to bring the blood back to the lab, and when I got back we moved her to the hospital (we are part of the hospital). After we transferred her to the medical oncology floor I looked at our secretary, and said...she needs to be in ICU. I didn't know what was wrong, and it wasn't the fever that was bothering me...but I knew something was wrong. Unfortunately she didn't have any signs other than the fever that anything was wrong enough to warrant going to the ICU so it's not like I could just call the doctor and tell her this. The next morning the secretary said to me that I scare the **** out of her...I asked why and she told me that the patient in the evening started getting very disoriented, they sent her to a scan, found a massive bleed in her brain, and by the time she went to ICU, she was pretty much brain dead. The family later that night took her off the machine because there was no brain activity and she had died overnight

Ok here's a couple happier ones...

1. My best friend from high school was induced on Wed. At 8:31pm I suddenly had a thought of her and then had the thought of c-section. Her daughter was born at 8:37pm via c-section! So they were either prepping her or starting the c-section the moment I thought that!

2. I dreamed a friend of my high school was holding a baby girl when she was pregnant....e-mailed her about it and told her...even she at that point didn't know what the baby was....and she ended up with a girl!

There are so many more, and usually I have premonitions only up to a day before they happen, usually it's a few hours before they happen.

Wow this was long! Can you tell I have no migraine today? LOL...Unfortunately I woke up with the cold that Sarah and Jonathan have had the last few days! I was going to take Jonathan to a playdate today to decorate V-day cookies but had to cancel because I don't think the other moms would appreciate my kid running around with a snotty nose..lol. Looks like its a good thing I canceled because now I have it too with a headache...but its a sinus one, and that kind I can handle!

Sorry this was so long!

February 13th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Wow you have had a lot of correct predictions!!! I'm hoping your boy guess is wrong though!!!

I'm glad you didn't have a migraine yesterday!! Too bad you caught a cold!!

Did you end up doing anything fun and exciting this weekend?

I went back home (southeastern VA, Williamsburg area) for my bff's (Colleen) baby shower. It was a lot of fun! She is having a boy. Me, Colleen, and Kim are all very close and were pregnant together. Kim just had a boy, Coll is having a boy, and EVERYONE wants me to have a girl! So much pressure!! It's making me nervous!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 16th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How cool of you all having boys so close together! When I had my first pregnancy I was convinced it was a girl, and had prepared myself so mentally even though I wanted a boy (I have always liked the idea of a big brother protecting a little sister...probably because I had a big brother and I was the youngest of us 2 kids).....however when they said it was a boy I was disappointed..lol. It's been the best thing though, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Guess who hasn't had a migraine in a week....yep me! I joked to my DH that once I found out I could take the excedrin migraine that I wouldn't have another one, and so far this is the case..lol

So...I had some more random thoughts the other night. This included me thinking about labor, and how we were going to get to the hospital and who was going to watch the kids. Yes, it is something that is normally thought about, however I have never thought or worried about it with either of my other pregnancies, and wouldn't think I would be worried about it so soon. I am wondering if I will actually go into labor on my own this time and not have that nasty pitocin! I also keep thinking July 4th for some reason, so maybe this one will come in with a bang...I would be over 37 weeks so should be ok if that did happen. Or maybe it's wishful thinking!

Well, off to bed to finish reading my book...Stephen King's latest book of short stories, Full Dark, No Stars....it is really good (well if you like that type of author!). I have about 35 pages left, we will see if i make it that long after working all day then watching the kids by myself all evening! Have a good night!

February 21st, 2011, 06:13 AM
KELLY!!!!!!!!! I haven't run away I promise!! I have been so busy and exhausted lately! I will write more when I get home from work.

Hope you had a great weekend!!!

February 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
My mom reminded me the other day how I used to say that I never wanted to have kids, but if I ever did I wanted all boys!! I spoke it and now its coming true!!! It's funny how things work out! I think my DH thought I would be disappointed if it was a boy, but I was super happy!

I'm so glad the Excedrin is working well for you!! That has to be a load off!!

A 4th of July baby would be fun!!! Do you live far from the hospital? With you and your premonitions, it could totally come true!!!

Do you have names picked out yet?

My body is totally not my friend today!! My back muscles, butt muscles and hips are hurting like crazy!!! I'm walking like an old lady!!!

We are supposed to get 5-8" of snow tonight [cue moan]...where oh where is Spring???

Did you finish the book?

February 23rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Tiffani,

This won't be too long as I am sick sick sick. I have bronchitis once again (had it 4-5 weeks ago). I first noticed the tickle at the back of the throat with a cough started Monday late morning, figured it was the beginning of bronchitis so I had the oncology doctor the next morning listen to my lungs to confirm. He said I sounded junky all the way to the bottom of my lungs on both sides! He really wanted me to go on bedrest more or less and to drink a lot of fluids, but there is no bedrest in my house! I started the antibiotic yesterday but even after 2 days worth I am seeming to get worse. The cough is worse, I am having fevers/chills, sneezing my head off, and headaches, and now audible wheezing. Dh is gone until probably around 10pm tonight, but if this keeps getting worse throughout the night, I may just end up going to the ER. I had a bad problem about 7 years ago where I was in the hospital 3 times in less than a year from asthma/bronchitis problems and I am hoping this isn't a repeat!

I always said as a child I wanted a boy, then a girl, then a boy...now I kinda want a girl but honestly I would be happy either way! I am really really wanting to find out now, and I bet I will cave when I finally do have an ultrasound! I did do the itelligender test for fun (even though I didn't use first morning urine like it said to) and the result was boy, although symptom wise this pregnancy is the same as with Sarah...guess time will tell!

I see that you have your name as part of your signature..I love it!!! We are choosing Katelyn Victoria for a girl or Lucas Alexander for a boy!

I am not sure which hospital we will deliver at...I believe my insurance will let me choose between the two that my doctor delivers, but coworker seems to think I have to go to one over the other so I really need to check. I am hoping its the one 30 min. away and not 45! With Sarah I went from 7cm to 10cm in 2 contractions!

I did finish the book, and am now reading Tick Tock by James Patterson. I am about 1/3 of the way through, but haven't read much the last two nights due to being sick!

I hear you on the back/hip pain! Tues morning my ligaments were stretching BIG time and it was so sore! I was waddling already!

Ok that's it for now, I think the fever is breaking as i am finally warm and now I am sweating everywhere..tylenol must have worked!

February 25th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Oh gosh!! I'm so sorry you are sick! I hope you are feeling better!!

Sorry its taking so long for me to respond...my new job keeps me sooooo busy and by the time I get home I don't even want to think about sitting at the computer!! I'm loving the job though!!

I thought of you the other day when I was unpacking some books and ran across 3 James Patterson books that my mom gave me and have never read. Maybe I will give them a chance!

I love the names you have chosen!! I can't wait to FINALLY know what you are having!! Can you just have your doc send me the gender of your baby?? The suspense is maddening!!!

DH and I are going to a wedding up in Philly this weekend...I really don't want to go!! We are both such home bodies...the thought of not laying around in my PJs tomorrow makes me sad! But I did borrow a super cute maternity dress for the occasion!!!

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

Hope you are feeling better!!! <3

March 5th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey!

Finally feeling almost back to normal, like 95%!

Tried to go back to work on Wednesday, but I had to be cleared by occupational health (I work at a hospital so they are really strict when it comes to getting back to work after so many days off). Well they wouldn't see me until I had clearance from my regular doctor. I did have clearance to return to work this past Monday, but then had to go to ER for that chest pain and ended up needing to be off for Monday and Tuesday, so I didn't have clearance back after I missed those two days. So...I went to my work's weekly meeting (all unpaid because I wasn't cleared) which lasted an hour, until I could call my doctor for a note back to work. During the meeting I got really tired and just wanted to go home...obviously I wasn't ready to come back. I called my doctor and they had to call back and weren't sure when that would be so I decided to go home and wait. I lasted a whole 2 1/2 hours at work..lol. They called later in the day and I told them to write the note so I could go back to work on Friday (yesterday) and said I would pick it up on Thursday. Our work was really busy on Friday, so I wanted to at least help out what I could, kwim? My DH wanted me to stay home until Monday and part of me did too cause I didn't know if I would make it through the whole day yet, especially a busy one. So on Thursday I head over to pick my note up from the doctor, then planned to head to the hospital to get cleared by occupational health so that I didn't have to do that part early Friday morning. I pick up my note, get back to the car and looked at it and....it says I am cleared for 3/7/11....I think wait that is Monday! I actually was happy about this because I felt like the man upstairs was looking out for me..lol. So I never went to occupational health and instead drove home, told my DH who laughed and called work to tell them "the bad news." I actually was really relieved.

I decided however that I would keep my babysitter and go get some geocaches. I have been DYING to get some over the winter, but I hate the cold and snow proves to be a problem too..lol. What better way to test my stamina than by grabbing some easy caches out in the weather? Unfortunately it was raining yesterday morning but luckily had stopped when I went out. I did a lot of driving but managed to get 10 easy caches which didn't require a lot of walking for me. I ended up having a couple of coughing fits, which I tend to do anyway in cold, damp weather. I sure had fun though! My last find of the day was in this park with a gazebo. I was in the gazebo and it had just started raining again lightly and I am looking for the cache and out the corner of my eye I thought I saw a flash. All of a sudden this HUGE crack of thunder happened and then the sky opened up! I found the cache, signed it, put it back but was stuck in the gazebo for 10 minutes or so before the rain finally let up a bit so I could get to the van!

I ended the afternoon with some yummy chinese which I have been craving over and over lately! MMMMM moo goo gai pan!

Sorry I haven't written lately on here, i have been online a lot but haven't really felt much like typing on here (other than a couple of questions!). Don't worry about responding quickly, I know what it's like to have a busy job and coming home and not wanting to be on the computer

Hope you have a good rest of the weekend! Anything special planned? I am going to finish another Patterson book..just finished Tick Tock by him and now reading The Gift (Witch and Wizard series). Not sure what I am going to read next!

Last edited by kelbelle22; March 5th, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
March 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I am so glad to read that you feel less worried about your beautiful baby girl...but I'm confused...when did you decide to leave Team Green???????????????????

I'm also so glad you are feeling better!! You were really sick!!

I'm unfortunatly gonna have to write more later...my mommy is coming tomorrow!!!!! She will get to come with us to our growth check scan Monday morning! So excited!!!

I owe you a big long message though!!!!!! Have a great weekend!!! Thinking about you and your baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXO

March 11th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL I quit team green about a week ago...I decided I wanted to know after all and have the kids call the baby by name.....ok my DH was right...I caved!!

Not 100% that it is a girl, but pretty darn sure! Gonna have to get an outside scan just to double check..lol. Oh darn more pics!

Have fun with your Mom! I can't wait until my parents get back from their winter place in Tx....they still live 3 hours away, but at least they can come up to see us!

March 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I totally LOVE that you caved and found out!!! I'm so excited you are having a little girl!!! Haha! It's awesome you are double checking!! At my ultrasound this morning I asked the tech to double check too!! The guy we had for our anatomy scan was terrible and was only 90% sure it was a boy! Today we had our confirmation! (I posted pics on the main board under "Proud Mama")

My mom and I had a ton of fun!!! She bought all the decorations, invites, and thank you's for the shower, a bunch of books for Mason, and more clothes! She was so thrilled to be at the ultrasound this morning!!

We finally bought Mason's bedroom furniture this weekend! We got a killer deal on a Sorelle 3-piece set at a local boutique. It was orginally $1599, we got the floor model set for $900!!! So excited cause I am cheap as crap!! LOL!!!

Did you have a good weekend? When will your parents come back from TX? FYI...soooooo jealous you have been reading books!!!

March 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the US pics! I got really crappy ones, but I did get a video of about 15 seconds so that was neat! You can see her kick at one point and see all 5 toes on one of her feet..so cute!

Yah for getting furniture for Mason at an awesome price! We are using Sarah's furniture, and she will be moving into her brother's room and getting a big girl bed along with her brother. Now if I can just get DH to work on getting all the border off and repaint Jonathan's room so I can get the rest of the room ready! I would like to have them spend a few months together before baby comes so they can get used to it!

Sorry I haven't written anything all week, it has been a looong week. Long work days with long nights afterwards and just too tired to do anything else...lol. Yesterday I took the kids outside so they could play on their swingset, it was so nice outside and they had so much fun! Unfortunately it rained today,although the thunderstorm and hail was cool...and later this week it is supposed to snow and be cold agan...uck! I am sooooo ready for spring to stay!

I've been thinking about potty-training Jonathan lately. Like going in full-force and getting it done. It scares the crap out of me (no pun intended!) because I don't know exactly how to do it, but I will figure out the best way..just takes doing some research! He has been going potty on it for a few months, sometimes he asks, most times he isn't, but I think if we work on it and be dedicated he will do great! Hopefully Sarah will follow shortly behind!

Well, off to bed I go to read some more! Just finished James Patterson's novel The Murder of King Tut. It's a fiction based on historical facts, and was quite interesting. Now I am reading Lillian Jackson Braun's book "The Cat Who Moved A Mountain." If you haven't heard of The Cat Who series, they are about a man named Qwilleran and his two siamese cats who solve mysteries. They are pretty good. Hope you have had a good weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search