S/O of Nicoles Post... Have you toured your hospital/birthing center yet?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Happy Mommy
Have you had a chance to tour the birthing center or hospital yet?

Do you have a plan on when you will do that?
February 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I won't tour. I'll be at the same hospital where I delivered dd, and I am there all the time because my dr's office is in the professional wing of the hospital. I do plan to pre-register. I'll do that at 28 weeks.

February 21st, 2011, 02:50 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
We did tour the birth center! I wanted to go right away after I first found out that I was pregnant. We did a tour and had a consult, and then I set up my first prenatal appointment over the phone a few days later.
February 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM
shoppermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't yet. My doctor is in a brand new hospital so we really want to. I am going to ask him at my next appointment (if I remember to ask) and see when he thinks it is best to tour. As I get closer to my due date my doctor also advises to pre-register for faster check in for delivery.....that is something you 1st time mamas should remember to do.

Thank you bokkechick for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by shoppermom; February 21st, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
February 21st, 2011, 03:08 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did a tour of our back up hospital but they remodeled and added a children's hospital to the campus.... so I probably will again when in the area.
February 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
Happy Mommy
Since I'm new to this hospital, I'll be touring it after my appt on Wednesday. jsut to get the lay of the land (in my head all my questions have been addressed so I'm good there)

It's easy because the clinic is attached to the hosp and OB is on the same floor for both, so I'll just go down the hall and through some doors.

and yes pregister is a must!
February 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have already given birth at my hospital so I know what to expect. However DF is a first-timer so we'll be touring the hospital in May as part of our childbirth class.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

February 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be delivering at a different hospital than with DS, so I will tour it at some point. Not sure when. I hadn't even thought about this yet!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
February 21st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I gave birth to DD at our same hospital, but 2 months after they built a whole new womens and children center. But I probably won't tour it cause I have had a few friends have baby since that we went and visited and have seen it all.

February 21st, 2011, 03:54 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I delivered Patrick in this same hospital, and nothing's changed. lol

February 21st, 2011, 04:18 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
same hospital as where I delivered Nolan
February 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Kim
It's the same hospital where I had Jenna, so I won't be touring this time around. I did last time though, during our childbirth course.

February 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still don't know what's going on with my hospital yet. The one where I delivered the girls is supposed to be closing it's maternity wing, and the one on the opposite side of the city is supposed to be opening a new maternity wing. All of this is supposed to be happening less than a month before I deliver. Who knows if I'll get a chance to see the new maternity ward before I have this baby.

February 21st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
NO! Big ol' pouty face here Our birth center just opened in December. We and our midwife all know we plan to deliver there, but we haven't gone on a tour yet. They require everyone who plans to give birth there to attend a childbirth series that includes an orientation class to talk about exits, emergency procedures, etc at the birth center. Since we've taken Bradley classes, we don't have to do the whole series, but we will be doing the orientation class. I'm hoping we can schedule a tour at our appointment tomorrow

Here's the Facebook page for the birth center: Auburn Birthing Center | Facebook

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
February 21st, 2011, 04:34 PM
Happy Mommy
Joanna that place looks great!!
February 21st, 2011, 04:56 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
We probably won't. I had Daniel there and I was just there with Sarah when she had Gabby.
February 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No not yet. We never did last time.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 21st, 2011, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have toured 2 hospitals and one birthing center while making our decision where to deliver. We chose our provider and hospital at the same time.
February 21st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we're touring the birth center on Wednesday. Then I have an OB visit Thursday. After that we'll finalize where to get the rest of our care and birth plan. We'll still tour the hospital and may end up taking the birthing classes there as well, I think medicaid pays for that.
February 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
At 6 weeks we toured both hospitals and 1 of 2 birthing centers in town before deciding on homebirth.

The first hospital was a nightmare, I left shaking. So it was my husband's idea to get me to the birth center where we found ourselves 10 minutes later. It was perfect and I was ready to sign up when the idea of homebirth was presented. In order to do homebirth you are required to have a back up hospital which is why we went to the other hospital in town a week later. It is my back up hospital but I will really be upset if I end up there.

Tags
pregnancy , tour hospital

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search