Snow Day...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 04:52 AM
mico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh.. so, last week it was 60 degrees for two days here. Should have known better than to get my hopes up. Woke up this morning to about 8-9 inches. School was canceled. DH went to work and said it was like driving through a field the entire way.. almost nothing done to the roads! I think I may just go back to bed, maybe when I wake up, it will be 60 again!

Thank you brie_91 for my Siggy!
February 22nd, 2011, 06:36 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy sleeping!

February 22nd, 2011, 06:47 AM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They said we would get about 4 inches and we didn't even get one. At least not yet... I think we would have to get another 2 ft for them to cancel school again.

February 22nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
Veteran
OMG - they said sunday we would get a couple inches but nothing, so happy about that. But then woke up this morning with a couple inches, I am SO SICK of winter! I need to get outside - last week it was in the 50's here and I loved it! still a little cool but bearable outside! C'mon SPRING!
February 22nd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Tell me about it! I'm definitely ready for spring! Went maternity shopping over the weekend and bought all short sleeve stuff, now I just have to wait for it to get warmer to wear them! I had daffodils come up about 3 inches last week, and now they are probably all frozen!

February 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
YES we got 6 inches yesterday too and we got nailed. When I left work at 1230am there was already a good 5 inches, so the 30 minute drive home was wonderful- did a 360 but thankfully most people were at home and not on the roads.

\
February 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
avasmom603's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That really stinks. For once, up here in NH we have had NO STORMS! It did snow a little bit yesterday, but it didn't last long.

Up here we just say 'that's New England' for you. i will never forget the year that on March 31st it was Easter and it was sunny and in the 70s. My Mom videotaped our family out in the yard playing around with the grandkids and stuff. The very next day, on April Fool's no less, we had a blizzard. She then continued videotaping, but this time it was me and my Dad clearing the driveway. You'd never believe it unless you saw it happen. Craziness!

10/1/10

February 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AHHHH Good OLD Pittsburgh WEATHER!!! Sorry Michele, probably the ONLY thing I DON"T miss about my hometown!!! It is 75 and sunny down here is in South Carolina!!! thinking of YINZ GUYS!!! LOL!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

February 22nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASCAL821 View Post
AHHHH Good OLD Pittsburgh WEATHER!!! Sorry Michele, probably the ONLY thing I DON"T miss about my hometown!!! It is 75 and sunny down here is in South Carolina!!! thinking of YINZ GUYS!!! LOL!!!
PLEASE let me come stay with you!! haha! Honestly, I think I really would move down there with you. I love it down there! I like snow every once in awhile, but it just lasts WAY too long up here in the 'burgh!

February 22nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
expecting2011mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I hear yah All our snow melted and it was so nice out with the sun shining and the warm weather and then SUNDAY, MONDAY, TODAY have been snowy and cold =(

February 22nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mico View Post
PLEASE let me come stay with you!! haha! Honestly, I think I really would move down there with you. I love it down there! I like snow every once in awhile, but it just lasts WAY too long up here in the 'burgh!
Come on down 'er n that!! LOL!!! I SWEAR I don't really speak Pittsburghese but I DO think its funny!!....All my burgh girls we will have to meet at Primantis sometime when I am up visiting the Family....we can meet all the babies!!!......HOW FUN!!!

February 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Same here Michelle. 70 in Friday and 6 inches of snow last night. Today was originally scheduled to be a day off for students, but the school board took it back to make up for snow days we've already used and then we ended up having a snow day anyway.
February 22nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASCAL821 View Post
Come on down 'er n that!! LOL!!! I SWEAR I don't really speak Pittsburghese but I DO think its funny!!....All my burgh girls we will have to meet at Primantis sometime when I am up visiting the Family....we can meet all the babies!!!......HOW FUN!!!
haha, I do not speak Pittsburghese either... however, I honestly didn't know that "slippy" wasn't a word until a few years ago, hahahaha!! That would be so much fun if we could do that! Do you live anywhere near Myrtle? If so, maybe we can meet up down there too!

February 22nd, 2011, 12:56 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wild weather. I feel for you hun. But enjoy your day. Hope you are relaxing...

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!
February 22nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mico View Post
haha, I do not speak Pittsburghese either... however, I honestly didn't know that "slippy" wasn't a word until a few years ago, hahahaha!! That would be so much fun if we could do that! Do you live anywhere near Myrtle? If so, maybe we can meet up down there too!
We are about 2 hours SOUTH of Myrtle ;(...........Oh yeah....I didn't know other kids growing up didn't go sled riding....they go sledding!! LOL!!!.....my husband still makes fun of me and asks if I want to go car driving or plane flying later!! LOL!!...Well, I guess we don't have to worry about that so much living in SC now!! LOL!!!...............

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search