Ugh Sick kiddos ***EDITED*** Updated

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Happy Mommy
C came home with a fever after daycare last night. she crashed until this morning (basiclly was up screaming in pain for a while)

so with her history I took her into the peds clinic. she has the flu. type B. stay home all week... Ummm soooo not cool. I havemy Ob appt tomorrow. I called, said what happens if I miss tomorrow, cuz I can't come again until my u/s at 23 weeks in April. the nurse was like ummm that's bad, its' been 5 weeks since you've been here, we can't go 11 weeks without an appt. plus I wanted the blood draw today for the neuro-tube defects, and that won't show on the u/s so she was like if you miss this week you won't get that, the accuracy window will be missed.

SHOOT! so now I'm trying to see if my mom might be off tomorrow to drive down (2 hours drive mind you) to sit with her. the nurse said if C was up to it it they could get her a mask to wear and just bring her with me tomorrow. if push came to shove.... but I don't know, I don't want o expose pregnant women to the flu....

***UPDATE****
I love my OB office

the nurse passed on the info to my doc, and she called me personally to say I have to take the tamiflu as a precaution, since pregnant women are the highest risk group for complications with the flu. and then she talked to me about my appt that I'll miss. and she's having someone be avail to me on the date and time that will work for me on a day in march to do the blood work and my u/s ...

Last edited by w292737; February 22nd, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
February 22nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Veteran
Yikes - tough call. I wouldn't want to expose anyone to the flu either, but on the other hand, you should go to your appointment too. Will she wear the mask or will you have to be constantly putting it back on her? Gosh that is sure a tough call, I'm not sure what I would do. Any neighbors you could call?
February 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
expecting2011mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Awe im sorry sweetie i hope she gets better soon.. Is there a friend or some one by you that could watch her?

February 22nd, 2011, 11:10 AM
Happy Mommy
She'll wear it, she's sick often enough she knows the drill. :/

I have a friend who lives just up the street who would be home, but I hate asking someone to expose them selves to the flu B when they don't have to. ya know...
February 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Im sorry shes not feeling well. We have been seeing more and more of the flu pop up here at work.. I stay in hiding!

Tough call. I would say it would be better for her and for ladies at the OB office if you could find someone to sit with her but if your stuck you may just have to mask her up and go.

I hope she feels better soon!
February 22nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Happy Mommy
i can say, at least I still have a sense of humor, the nruse was a bit confused for the moment when she asked if my husband could stay with her. "I'm a single mom" at the OB clinic for an OB appt. obviously it happens, but not that often...
February 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Veteran
So what do you do for work now that your DD has to stay home all week? Do you have to now miss work and stay home as well? can you work from home?

Any word on if your mom can come?
February 22nd, 2011, 12:56 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Poor C! I'm sorry she's sick! I'm glad your OB office is willing to work with you!
February 22nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Veteran
Yay for a great OB!
February 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfor2 View Post
So what do you do for work now that your DD has to stay home all week? Do you have to now miss work and stay home as well? can you work from home?

Any word on if your mom can come?
Yes I'lll stay home, no working from home. (they don't condone it if you are at home with sick kids) so I'll go nuts...

mom can't come, but if we are all healthy she'll come this weekend

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search