Telling DH...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
How did you tell him about your BFP? Did you just come out with it? Show him the test? Do something special?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 23rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
2littleblessings
I just came out and told him we needed to stop by the store on the way home to pick up some tests because I had gotten a faint line on another test. He was pretty shocked to say the least because we were NOT trying at all..plus we have a 10 month which I'm still nursing!
February 23rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Super Mommy
We have been TTC for well over a year, DH knows the OPK and HPT drill and actually reminded me it was time to POAS

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

February 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm going to copy and paste my answer to this exact same question that I got asked in my other PR:

I did it in the most horrible way again! I wanted to do something so sweet and special, but as soon as I saw the first dollar test turn positive, I grabbed my phone, screeched the news to my mom, hung up with her and called DH. I was like, "Heeeyyyy, I love youuuuu." He was like, "I love you, too...." and I was like, "Guess whaaaaaat??" He was quiet for like two seconds, and then he said, "I think I know whaaat." And I said, "It's positive!" He didn't sound too shocked or surprised or anything; I think he was deciding whether or not he wanted to see the test for himself because I'd been driving him insane with faint lines for days beforehand.

So yeah. That was my romantic phone call to DH while he was at work. He was a lot happier when he came home and saw the test for himself. LOL

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 23rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I always love these stories because I always dream of someday actually doing something creative, even though I never have

February 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH was working in the garage. He knew I had POAS already, because he saw me obsess over the lines. That afternoon I got something reallllllly faint on a dollar test so I figured I would try a better test. I immediately got a line, so i pulled out my one and only digi. It said Pregnant! So I put the stick in DS's hand (he is just about 10 months) and carried him out to the garage. I said "give daddy the stick." Dh was like "What does it say?" and I handed it to him!

February 24th, 2011, 02:28 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
LMAO Krissy! Laura awwwwwwwwwwww that's too sweet, what was his reaction?

When I was PG with my first, the dr told DH... lol I had a faint line and he was like, lets go to the dr to make sure... so we go and he was in the bathroom when I was called.. so after I took the test there, the dr came out into the waiting room before me and says to me, "Did you tell Daddy?" lol so yeah..

And with my second, he swears he already knew cuz I was craving so many different foods early on. I had taken a test just for fun one morning and didnt wait for the line to show cuz I had to get my oldest to an apt. when I returned home, I went to use the potty and saw the test in the trash with blaring lines on it. freaked out told my BFF, she MADE me test again cuz she was pg at the time. It was positive obviously... and I just text DH at work and said "So.. looks like we will be cleaning out the guestroom sooner than expected." and he said "I KNEW IT!!"

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 24th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH gave me and Jed a big kiss and said he was happy!

February 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh was taking a morning nap since he works 3rd shift and Stella, our 2 year old, always goes in and wakes him up before I leave for work. I gave her the digi and told her to wake up daddy and give that to him. She walked in all quite and climbed into the bed and started yelling "Daddy wake up! See stick daddy!" and started hitting him on the face with it to get him up! I forgot how blind he is when he does not have his glasses and he looked at it and said, "I can't see it." So I got him his glasses and he finally read it! What the heck was he thinking? Why would I have Stella hand him a negative test? Silly guy!

February 25th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Last time, with DS, I just blurted it out so I wanted to do something cute this time I got a honey bun & put it in a cake pan that I had & stuck a sign in it that said "Bun in the Oven" & stuck it in the oven. When DH got home from work I acted like I had to use the bathroom & asked him to check on dinner in the oven. He opened it & saw this

He turned around & looked like a kid on Christmas! Kept saying "ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Is this real??!! OMG I love you!!" over and over, lol. He is so thrilled!

February 25th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have never gotten to do anything cute. But i love the good stories and the funny stories too!

My Dh and I spend too much time looking at pee tests together.

This time i ran out of IC test which I test every week because I was paranoid I'd get pregnant adn not realize it. (nursing with no AF) I said to my Dh that I need to buy more test because nursing started to HURT. I ordered them and while they were in route we were at Target (a place we rarely shop) and Dh snuck off and bought some BLUE DYE tests. Any way Monday we spent trying to tell if the line was a light line or an evap.

The IC came and the first one i took on Tuesday was not positive (mid afternoon pee)

Last night I took a test in the middle of the night and didn't stick around the whole 5 minutes. when I showed DH the test this morning he was all excited he saw a line... and I did too! So I dipped a second test.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search