Freezer Meals!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Ashl3y
I've seen a few people say that they want to have some meals ready in the freezer for once the baby gets here, but that they don't know what really freezes well and I have no clue either, so I thought we could make a place to put some freezer meals that we could make. Anyone have any good things??
March 11th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did this with my daughter and was thankful I did once the meals stopped coming from family! I hate the thought of having to send hubby out every night to go pick up dinner from somewhere! Here are some of my freezer meals. I will make each of these meals in the next month and just double the recipe so I can freeze one pan. Then I just pull one out from the freezer and pop it in the fridge the night before so it is thawed when you need it.

-Pretty much any soup or chili freezes well
-Lasagna
-King ranch casserole-this is a favorite in our house and freezes very well. Recipe is at the end of this post.
-Chicken spaghetti casserole. Super easy and yummy! Recipe at bottom.
-Meatballs in spaghetti sauce for meatball subs. Throw a few on a sub roll, add some cheese and pop in microwave! YUM!!
-Homemade french bread pizzas.
-Chicken enchiladas (recipe at bottom.)

King Ranch Casserole
1 deli roasted chicken
2 1/2 to 3 tsp. salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
2 (10-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder & 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
3 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
¾ cups chicken broth
3 cups crushed lime tortilla chips
-Preheat oven to 350°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 6 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add bell pepper and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in reserved 3/4 cup chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, and next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.
-Skin and bone chicken; shred meat into bite-size pieces. Layer half of chicken in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with half of soup mixture and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with half of chips. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
-Bake at 350° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole:

2 cups Cooked Chicken
3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
1 1/2- 2 cups chicken broth (use your judgement)
1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Break spaghetti into 2 inch pieces before cooking. Cook until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with all ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

Chicken Enchiladas:

3x 12 oz cans of chunk chicken breast (or you can cook/season your own, but I like it simple!)
1 can Cream of chicken soup
16 oz Sour Cream
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 C. Chunky Salsa
1 can of seasoned Refried Beans
Taco Seasoning mix

2 cans of Enchilada "Red" sauce
Enough cheese to thoroughly top enchiladas
16 tortillas (bigger than fajita, smaller than burrito)

Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly grease 2 13x9 pans.
In a large bowl, mix all filling ingredients together, and break apart any large chunks of chicken. Fill each tortilla and roll, placing 8 total in each pan. Use 1 can of Enchilada sauce for each pan, making sure to thoroughly smother all the enchiladas. Top with lots of cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely bubbly.

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
March 14th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
This is right up my alley! I def plan on making some things in advance...DH unfort can't boil water LOL!

Lasagna, baked mac n cheese also freeze well

Thanks ladies!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 15th, 2011, 08:05 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I have this website: Freeze Happy! that I plan on going through in the next couple of weeks to find some recipes to freeze.

Tags
the honeycomb

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search