Leaving the Kids Behind

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2011, 04:59 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I ran across this article today and I am really not sure what to think. I don't want to be judgmental about it, but I can't help but feel that this would never be something I could possibly do, and my kids aren't even born yet!

Leaving Your Children Behind

Does it make me a bad person that I feel like judging these women I have never even met? I mean, if something happened to me I know that DH would still make and EXCELLENT father, but we have already discussed that if I were to pass on during childbirth or soon after that the kids would go to my parents for the first few years because he would not be able to cope.

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

March 4th, 2011, 06:34 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
i could never. Now if my kids were older and i got asked to go on a once in a lifetime photo excursion or something cool..I could lever for a month or two....but i would never ever "leave" them...ever. Im spending the weekend with out my daughter....first time ever. Im very excited for a little space, but she is my heart...

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

March 5th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also agree that this is NEVER something that I could do. My children have been away from me 3 times total since being born and even then it was only for the reason that I was in the hospital with the losses and HAD to stay over night. They do not go on sleepovers or extended times with others for me to get a break. My mother will take them for 3-4 hrs so I can go grocery shopping, see a movie with my husband but never over night or for even a whole day. It is not something that I am ready to do, maybe when they are older.
I love, adore, cherish my children and could never leave them behind even if it were for a trip with my husband to an exotic place and they were being cared for by my parents. Children need their parents but they also need parents that want/wanted to be parents and from my take on the article these women might not have had their heart and soul into motherhood, making it easier to walk away. JUST MY OPINION, maybe I am judgemental but it would never work for me!!

March 6th, 2011, 03:01 PM
BrittM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely not. I think that is super selfish. Motherhood is forever, not just until you decide your done. I think that's terrible. Poor kids

May 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
MamaOf2Angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaOf2Angels
wow i could NEVER do that! My older son and i have never been apart for very long. when he was a new baby my mom kept him overnight one night i left in late afternoon and came back early morning and up until Bodens birth we d never been apart... being away from him for the few days while in the hospital yes was nice to be able to spend one on one time with our new bundle but i missed him so much! i couldnt wait to get home to him! Just the thought of him being away from me or not being with me anymore makes me want to start crying. Now having Boden as well i couldnt imagine being apart from my kids.

THANKS STEPH2007 for my amazing siggy!!!!!!!!

1 month old : 9 pounds 9 ounces 23 inches long
5-21-11: 26 pounds down! GO ME!
May 22nd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
That lady is just crazy. All of a sudden you don't want to be a mom and that's it. I could never do that. However with that being said if DH and I wanted to take a weekend vacation or go some where without our daughter for a few days I would. Not now though. Probably when she's at least a toddler or older. I would only have my parents watch her since I trust only her to watch Kylie. I went out for the first time the other night without Kylie for 6 hours and while I did miss her it was nice to get a break. But that's just me
May 29th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Super Mommy
I can relate, but for different reasons- My mom left my sister and I when I was 7. My dad had full custody of us, but we still visited her on holidays and such. It was a really bad marriage and she had to get out. Now we are a lot closer and see each other once a month for about a week or so (she lives out of town). I understand her wanting to leave her marriage because my dad wasn't the the best husband, not even close. However, I don't think I'll ever understand how she could leave us. I do know that she never really wanted kids.
No, I could never do it. I'll always be there for my daughter. If I have to leave my marriage, God forbid, I'm taking her with me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search