Baby Naming is a Hard Job

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The baby making was easy for us, the baby naming...not so much.

We had a long list of names and went through them tonight. We both like Adelyn, Brynlee, and Kynlee. DF REALLY likes Adelyn or Brynlee. At first I wanted to use my middle name, Marie, as the middle because my dad REALLY loved my middle name and was very adamant that that'd be my middle name no matter what. But Brynlee Marie--doesn't flow, but I like Danielle. Brynlee Danielle sounds very pretty to me.

So I was thinking:

Adelyn Marie
Brynlee Danielle
Kynlee ?? (I don't like Marie OR Danielle with that name.)

We are still thinking...any suggestions?

March 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Personally I think Brynlee Marie sounds better than Danielle One of the girls in my March 09 PR has a daughter named Brynlee Skye & I think it's such a pretty name.

I love the name Adelyn & Kynlee also, but I usually prefer the more traditional spellings (Adeline & Kenley/Kinley). I'm trying to think of what other names I've had on my lists between my two pregnancies...

Sydney
Auden
Annalise
Kyla
Reese

Lila Grace had been my first choice at the beginning of this pregnancy but then I changed my mind.
Obviously if you have your first names picked out, these would be MN suggestions I think that whatever you end up picking, it will be a beautiful name. I like your naming style

March 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I love Adelyn, but prefer the classic spelling since it was my grandmother's middle name.

Kynlee is a little too new for me, but Brynlee is nice! And yes, naming is so hard!
March 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Naming is really tough! I actually think Marie sounds good with pretty much anything...that is my mom and my cousin's middle name I think you have gorgeous names picked out...my friend is naming her baby Addalyn if it's a girl

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

March 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Super Mommy
There is sooo much that goes into naming baby, I thought that'd be the easy part. Boy was I wrong. its one thing for ME to like a name, but for me & bf to agree on one has shown to be quite the challenge. Of course, there are plenty of people IRL who are more than willing to name my baby for me.....family. ugh. Just give us some time and we will find something that fits just right. *I HOPE *

Thank you for my amazing siggy Nicole!

March 9th, 2011, 09:41 PM
First Timer!!!
i really like those names all cute!

nothing comes to mind though i will say that i have been watching movie credits and seen some good names to keep in mind. lotta random names there!!

good luck this is so hard! DF and i have not one name in common we like for either sex yet LOL
March 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Laydii_cintah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Laydii_cintah
I like Adelyn Marie and Brynlee Danielle.

March 9th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really like Adelyn Marie!

March 10th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like Brynlee the best out of the three.....

And I am glad you had such an easy time creating your little one!! LOL!!

I kind of gave up for a little while with the name thing b/c I was getting so frustrated......I do like Brynlee ALOT though....I like Adelyn too but its just too popular;(.......

I hate that too....my favorite name since I have been little was Jacob for a boy...it wasn't that popular when I was growing up...now its been like #1 for the past 5 years!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
March 10th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASCAL821 View Post
I like Adelyn too but its just too popular;(.......my favorite name since I have been little was Jacob for a boy...it wasn't that popular when I was growing up...now its been like #1 for the past 5 years!!!
I already scratched Kynlee/Kinley/Kenley/etc off the list. I just couldn't really get into it. I agree with both of those!! I REALLY like Adelyn and fell in love with it the second I saw it and Joey loved it as well. We were making our list and he said, "I told you I really like Adelyn" then he saw Brynlee and said, "I really really like Brynlee though". I posted a while back about a girl I worked with named her girl Adalyn just like...a month ago. So that kinda turned me off to it.

I ALSO always loved the name Jacob and really wanted the name Jacob Ryan...but I do not want one of the world's most popular names. Plus we decided on Joey's name (Joseph) as the middle name if it is indeed a boy...(which we are pretty positive she is not).

Soooo we've agreed on Brynlee. We both love it and when I called her Brynlee and poked my belly last night, Joey got this HUGE smile on his face. We still haven't decided between Marie and Danielle though or if we'll choose a different middle name. I'd REALLY like to stick with Marie. I know it's popular, but it was important to my dad and I love my middle name. =) But Brynlee Marie...just too many "eeeeeees"

Quote:
Originally Posted by een View Post
Of course, there are plenty of people IRL who are more than willing to name my baby for me.....family. ugh.
Oh yes, when my mom knew we were going to the first ultrasound, she asked if she could help name the baby. I called her crazy and said NO, we can handle it. I just think it's weird when other family members try to put their input in. Ya never know, she may come up with some great names that I never thought of...but this is an experience for me and my soon-to-be hubby...not me and my mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo_and_Behold View Post
I think that whatever you end up picking, it will be a beautiful name. I like your naming style
Thank you I like the names you listed, too!

March 10th, 2011, 07:06 AM
mlay83's Avatar Loving my boys!
I think Brynlee Marie is very pretty!! Although I may be partial because I'm Michelle Marie

I also like Brynlee Grace, Brynlee Jane.... I'm sure I'll keep thinking, I love girl names!

Proud Parents:
Michelle and Cody
March 10th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
It really is hard. Luckily for us, we each had one name that we were stubbornly sticking to - I just hope I get to use mine! Now if we have more kids, or this one is a boy, that's when we get into the hard part.

I am really loving Brynlee Marie - you are probably the only one who will notice the extra eeee's because most people won't call her by both names. But I do understand what you are saying! I like Brynlee Grace that Michelle suggested! Of course, I'm also partial to the middle name Rose - Brynlee Rose

Family wants to "help" us name too. I'm not a big fan. They didn't make the baby, they don't get to choose

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
March 10th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brynlee Marie does sound really feminine and girly. I like it. DF said he liked Marie and he knows that I really want to use it. I don't know why I even want to use Danielle--I just like it--but I dated a guy in college for almost 3 years who was still obsessed with his ex girlfriend who lives in Maryland---DANIELLE. So I'm not sure using Danielle would be a good idea anyway, LOL.

March 10th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Adelyn Marie works. I'm thinking Danielle isn't such a great idea considering the above! Naming is way, way too heard! Girls names especially! Good luck and let us know what you decide!
March 10th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think Marie is a great middle name, and I think it sounds really nice with Brynlee!

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

March 10th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Happy Mommy
I don't think Adelyn is all that popular, at least around here it's not. I like Adelyn Marie.
March 10th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We decided against Adelyn and are going with Brynlee. Now I hope she really IS a girl, LOL. Brynlee was my number one choice (without telling DF that) and then when he said he "really, really likes Brynlee"...I was like YES!!! THAT'S MY FAVORITE!!

Brynlee Marie Petrosian *sigh* I can't wait to know for sure and then to meet her!

March 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Of course I am partial to Danielle since that is my little girl's name, but I really like Brynlee Marie. It flows really well together and sounds so pretty!

Quote:
I hate that too....my favorite name since I have been little was Jacob for a boy...it wasn't that popular when I was growing up...now its been like #1 for the past 5 years!!!
I'm pretty sure you can blame this on Twilight... they took all the names!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

March 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
I already scratched Kynlee/Kinley/Kenley/etc off the list. I just couldn't really get into it. I agree with both of those!! I REALLY like Adelyn and fell in love with it the second I saw it and Joey loved it as well. We were making our list and he said, "I told you I really like Adelyn" then he saw Brynlee and said, "I really really like Brynlee though". I posted a while back about a girl I worked with named her girl Adalyn just like...a month ago. So that kinda turned me off to it.

I ALSO always loved the name Jacob and really wanted the name Jacob Ryan...but I do not want one of the world's most popular names. Plus we decided on Joey's name (Joseph) as the middle name if it is indeed a boy...(which we are pretty positive she is not).

Soooo we've agreed on Brynlee. We both love it and when I called her Brynlee and poked my belly last night, Joey got this HUGE smile on his face. We still haven't decided between Marie and Danielle though or if we'll choose a different middle name. I'd REALLY like to stick with Marie. I know it's popular, but it was important to my dad and I love my middle name. =) But Brynlee Marie...just too many "eeeeeees"

Oh yes, when my mom knew we were going to the first ultrasound, she asked if she could help name the baby. I called her crazy and said NO, we can handle it. I just think it's weird when other family members try to put their input in. Ya never know, she may come up with some great names that I never thought of...but this is an experience for me and my soon-to-be hubby...not me and my mom!

Thank you I like the names you listed, too!
I think you only notice the "eeeee" sound if you drag out the pronunciation too slowly, but if you say it together just as would any other name, it's really not that noticeable. I didn't get the eeeee sound when I said it in my head. I love Brynlee...so cute!

March 10th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo_and_Behold View Post
I think you only notice the "eeeee" sound if you drag out the pronunciation too slowly, but if you say it together just as would any other name, it's really not that noticeable. I didn't get the eeeee sound when I said it in my head. I love Brynlee...so cute!
Yeah, I don't think it's that noticeable either. I like it.

Tags
girls , names

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search