Still sore from tearing... anyone else?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Jamie0718's Avatar Veteran
I had a 3rd degree tear and I'm still having trouble sitting and being on my feet too long. Evan will be 5 weeks on Tuesday. I started feeling a little better a couple weeks ago and started going for walks because I had to get out of the house, but now I'm wondering if I pushed myself too hard and that's why I'm not recovered yet. My husband is worried and thinks I should go see the dr. It seems a little odd to me that I tore that badly and she just told me to make a 6 week appt. You'd think she'd want to see me back to make sure it was healing properly. I don't know. This is my first time going through labor so I'm not sure what's normal. Just seems like most people don't take this long to feel better.

Any advice?
March 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a pretty bad tear, but I'm not sure what degree. She checked my stitches at 1 week when I was feeling some increased discomfort. They usually check them at your 2 week postpartum appointment, so she looked at it again then. I'm sure my final check will be at 6 weeks. I was still a little sore up until about a week ago, and I know I was really over doing it.

It wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
March 20th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Mrs.Reesa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes i'm almost 6w and i feel the same.
March 20th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they want me to come in. Sorry you guys aren't feeling so good either
March 20th, 2011, 04:33 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm almost 6 weeks too and I still feel discomfort from time to time. But it's LOADS better than it was a 1-2 weeks out. I had my pp appointment at 4 weeks and he said I was healing great.

March 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I was feeling better, but now I'm back to feeling how I did about a week after I came home and it's constant... it's not just a little discomfort here and there. I was so afraid of having to have a c-section, but I would probably already be healed now if I'd had one
March 20th, 2011, 08:00 PM
mama25's Avatar Veteran
I had an episiotomy and at my 4 week check up he said it still had some healing to do, so you probably aren't healed all the way. But I would still call and just let them know what's going on.
March 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
I did, I'm going in tomorrow. There's no way I'm close to being all the way healed yet. Poor hubby lol.
March 21st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
oh sorry!! I'm 5w 3d & not healed yet Dont know how bad my cut was but it took over 10 min to stitch me up. I was so close to not needing anything until her heart rate dropped. I go in next week.

Something has to be wrong if it hurts like week 1/2. Hope u feel better soon
March 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks!
March 22nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Well my doctor said I'm healing well, no infection or anything but to give it another 4 weeks since there's one spot that is still raw. Before the dr came in the nurse asked if I wanted to do my 6 week pap today... I said no so she asked if I wanted to come in next week instead, lol. I can't even imagine getting a pap right now with how sore I've been. Glad my dr let me off the hook for another month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search