Congestion?? OMG....THIS SUCKS

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 07:31 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Anyone elses baby dealing with horrible congestion? OMG..poor Tegan. She is so congested. She sounds awful. We had to 'suck' her nose last night and use Saline on her. It was horrible, she cried. I thought I was going to puke from feeling so bad for her.

This weather blows and it's causing havoc with everyone's sinus, congestion and allergies.

Is your baby congested? Ugh. I want to scream.

I pretty much slept sitting up in bed last night holding Tegan because it was the only position she could breathe comfortably in.

I'm breaking out the humidifier tonight.

March 21st, 2011, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YEEEES....I thought she had a cold but it's not going away! I didn't know babies just randomly got congested and stayed that way. My poor baby is SO snotty, sneezing all the time, has what I call "mucous attacks" in the morning where she's gagging on it and can't breathe. It's AWFUL. When does this go away????? I use saline on her almost every day at this point and I feel terrible for her.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
March 21st, 2011, 07:53 AM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
Yes. Brooklyn started having a really hard cough out of nowhere and then got so congested she was literally puking up mucusy formula. It was so gross. I had to suck her nose like every 30 min and before every feeding. She also had mucus poop from swallowing so much mucus. Yuck!!

I ended up taking her to the Dr and she has RSV. She is pretty much over it now.
March 21st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Ugh..Taryn, how scary. This is my biggest fear. I'm keeping an eye on Tegan. Hopefully it's just congestion.

Erin, I'm not sure when it goes away. Maybe when this F'ing weather decides it's going to either stay 70 degrees or snow. Because I'm sick to death of 70 degree weather on Friday and now today we wake up to bloody snow. It's causing havoc on everyone's health.

March 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
My sinuses are going crazy too. I hope it is nothing serious and she gets better soon. The humidifier should help some. It has helped us.
March 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Veteran
Easton has been congested and sneezing some going on 3 weeks now! When he first got it I took him to the doc, small fever said it was something viral just watch him and if he couldn't breath bring him in or take him to the er. Still wasn't much better a week later took him in no fever but still congested. He sounds worse in the mornings and after sleeping but he is eating fine and sleeping fine. We live in Minnesota so we run the heat a lot so I am wondering if it's just the dry air, or some allergies or something. We do have dogs and their little noses are so little they could easily get dust or something up there. I even thought about silent reflux for Easton because he has lots of bad hiccups and the congestion but he doesn't really act like he's in pain. Who knows, I can't wait for nice weather! Hope Tegan feels better soon!

March 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Audreys been that way since birth.. I asked the doc & he said its normal & that her lungs look fine, but I hate hearing her cough she sneezes but doesn't have a runny nose, but she just sounds sooo congested.

March 21st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
How would you know if its rsv?? So scary!! I only knew because DS was sick and took him in.

Bellesmom~glad she is ok & no hospital!
March 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kennedy's sinuses sound congested sometimes too. She sounds "snorty" and it's mostly in the morning. She doesn't have a runny nose or anything. I asked at her weight check last week and the pedi said it seems like it's allergies.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
March 21st, 2011, 11:46 PM
Treece's Avatar Knocked Up!
Hoping it ISN'T RSV!!!!!! Hope she feels better soon. Is any of the boys sick? That's how Lena caught RSV...from her big brother. So happy we are almost out of the season.

March 22nd, 2011, 12:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lanie's always congested and snores at night because of it lol. it's just her though, my DS2 was like that too. I just have a bulb suction handy and suck it out when i can

Thank you GraysMama for the beautiful siggy!
March 22nd, 2011, 05:23 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Asher is congested, but he has RSV...I am hoping that he starts to get better soon. One price of advice my ped gave me is to only suction then if they are in distress....like they can't eat or they are gagging. There is no need to suction otherwise.

I hope Tegan gets better soon and that she doesn't have RSV.
March 22nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Thanks ladies. How do you know if it's RSV vs. congestion?

March 23rd, 2011, 04:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Inés is snotty too, I have used saline on her since we came out of hospital, now she doesnt mind the sucker thing!

When she was born DD1 (21 months) had bronchitis, so I had to take the baby in to the Dr every 3-4 days to check she wasnt catching it.

She hasnt been mucous sick for a while now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search