Rock N play users... NEW Q?!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 11:14 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok so now i am wondering about that strap they have in there! i realize they probably HAD to put it in..for safety regulations and all.. but do YOU use it?? i do not.. not yet.. i actually generally put a blanket over the whole thing and let him kinda snuggle down.. But he spit up on the blanket and i took it off today and i plan on just using the sleeper alone tonight.. but those silly straps are so uncomfortable looking!! i dont know what to do with them?! im not gonna strap him in them... What do you guys do with those straps??

I will strap him in them when he starts getting more squiggly but hes not..

just thought id add that..

~Em
------------------------------------------------------------------------

so zeke sleeps in the rock n play at night next to my bed.. he was in the bassinet but when he was sick i switched to the rock n play cuz of it being more upright and he seems to just like it better... but IIIII do NOT like it better.. i feel like i am leaning way down to get him.. i practically have to get out of bed to get him. and we have a low bed! its really annoying! i wish it was higher! His bassinet lined up perfectly to the side of the bed and i am thinking ill prob switch back to using the bassinet at night cuz its just easier for me!...

He used to sleep with me most of the night so it didnt really matter.. But im finding that he spits up so much and seems just uncomfortable laying down flat next to me that he tends to do better in his own space for most of the night..

just wondering if any other rock n play users find it super annoying that its so low!

~Em

Last edited by keekopeeko; March 22nd, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
March 21st, 2011, 11:19 AM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No it doesn't bother me at all. I always have to get up to feed Christian, even when he was BF, he seems to prefer me sitting up. I get him up and we move to the sitting area in our bedroom for night feedings anyway.

March 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
sbobodalka's Avatar Super Mommy
It doesnt bother me either way Its low but I feed Kyndal sitting upright. She loves her bed
March 21st, 2011, 12:43 PM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always have to get out of bed change his diaper so I sit on the edge of the bed and pick him up. It doesn't feel low to me at all. I do wonder if he might be getting a little long for it though!

March 21st, 2011, 01:30 PM
famograham's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Beautiful Parksville, BC, Canada (on Vancouver Island)
I actually do wish it was a bit higher, but I love it SO much for every other reason that it doesn't bother me too much.

March 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM
ma2b2010's Avatar Super Mommy
It's easier for me to put him in the rock n' play than his crib. Everytime I try to put him in the crib, he wakes up and starts crying because there's just so much room in the crib for him to kick his feet and startle himself. ugh...

April 21, 2010 11 DPO

1st ultrasound May 13th! CRL 7.5mm and visible heartbeat!

EDD: January 1, 2011

Actual Birthdate: December 22, 2010 to a baby boy!
March 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2b2010 View Post
It's easier for me to put him in the rock n' play than his crib. Everytime I try to put him in the crib, he wakes up and starts crying because there's just so much room in the crib for him to kick his feet and startle himself. ugh...
Yeah, we've got that going on here too. I am working on getting him transitioned to his crib, but he loves his rock and play. Loves that all snuggled in feeling!

March 22nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
BUMP New Q!?

March 22nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
I have always put a blanket over the whole rock n play to make it more soft and over the straps. This is the first baby I have used it with so I dont know how much longer I will be using it.. like if she gets more mobile.. I am sure Ill have to strap her in there. But the back is so hard that I have always used soft blankets to cushion her head and little butt.. heehee.. Well its not terribly hard but... I guess I was just trying to make it look a little more girly to since I got the yellow one. WHICH I ACTUALLY PREFERRED! The pink was a little TOOOOO pink!
March 22nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Alv07's Avatar Veteran
I agree about the straps looking uncomfortable when you don't use them. I also just put a blanket over them. I think I'll use them when she gets to start moving a lot more.
March 22nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I line it with a fleece blanket also!

March 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
famograham's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Beautiful Parksville, BC, Canada (on Vancouver Island)
Yep, Amelia's is lined with a sheepskin (Sheepie, as he's very affectionately known)!! Sooooooo cozy!
No straps here either.

March 22nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use the straps because I don't trust my 4 year old around it.

March 22nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
I don't use the straps, in fact I took the waist ones off and just the crotch one is left and I cover it with a blanket anyway. My other kiddos and their friends don't bother him while he is in it, because the only time he is in it is when he is asleep.

March 22nd, 2011, 10:29 PM
FertileMyrtle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FertileMyrtle
I dont use the straps either!! I would do the same thing nice soft blanket under her.

"All babies want to get borned" - Su Chin, Juno
March 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
ma2b2010's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't use the straps either. I pulled them underneath so that they are hidden. Since the rocker is so deep, I'm ok him not being strapped in.

April 21, 2010 11 DPO

1st ultrasound May 13th! CRL 7.5mm and visible heartbeat!

EDD: January 1, 2011

Actual Birthdate: December 22, 2010 to a baby boy!
March 23rd, 2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~April~ View Post
I use the straps because I don't trust my 4 year old around it.

I dont trust my 2 1/2 year old around baby Zeke either.. If i used the rock n play sleeper during the day i would probably use the straps too..

~Em

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search